What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2 UPS Employees Arrested With Nearly 40 Pounds Of Cannabis

RetroGrow

Veteran
Not clear if these guys were ripping other people's packages, or if they were growing themselves. I'm guessing they were rippers. Makes you think twice before sending anything UPS.:

" Looks like someone working for brown was trying to go green.

Sources told CBS 2 on Friday that one special delivery ended up with two UPS workers behind bars.

Sources said police started investigating the UPS facility on Foster Avenue following a tip.

While watching the place Thursday morning, sources said undercover officers became suspicious when they noticed driver Ruben Jordan loading a box onto a truck he wasn’t assigned to.

Sources said police continued to watch the truck after Jordan went off duty and left. That’s when another driver, Alexis Herve, allegedly drove it to a dead-end street, where he found Jordan, 44, waiting with another man and a minivan.

Herve, 52, allegedly gave the package to Jordan, who loaded it into the minivan.

That’s when police moved in. Inside the package, police found three five gallon buckets from Home Depot stuffed with marijuana, sources said. The pot — nearly 40 pounds of it — has a street value of almost $60,000.

Police also recovered tens of thousands of dollars on the front seat of the minivan.

Both drivers and the non-UPS employee were arrested. All three face drug charges.

As always, the "comments" section is interesting.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08...-arrested-with-nearly-40-pounds-of-marijuana/

Blue Socks

Seems like the management of UPS was in on the sting how could the cops know which driver wax assigned to which truck? Also I wonder who snitched on them a fellow coworker or something?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UPS uses a LOT of independent contractors....very few drivers in fact that deliver for UPS are UPS employees....it could have been anyone of the IC's that blew the whistle or got "wind" of the op.......pretty stupid as UPS has some serious security..I would never use them to transport (cough) unmentionables. lol

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
UPS uses a LOT of independent contractors....very few drivers in fact that deliver for UPS are UPS employees....it could have been anyone of the IC's that blew the whistle or got "wind" of the op.......pretty stupid as UPS has some serious security..I would never use them to transport (cough) unmentionables. lol

Ummm,... Wrong company bro.

FedEx is the Co that uses contract drivers. Trust me. ;)

Management was certainly in on the sting, as for who snitched? Could have been anyone from a concerned citizen, to a co-worker or some random manager who was looking really closely at their numbers.... They keep a close track on who is where, and doing what,.... Again, trust me on this ;)

As for the Cameras,... Never seen em, never even seen any footage from any of em. Do they exist? Can't say, but management sure knows shit they shouldn't! :blowbubbles:

UPS is full of thieves? Find a shipping Co that isn't.

For the Record, you should never try to SHIP anything that is federally ILLEGAL!!!

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
This ain't nothing new ..*yawn*

That math is so shitty tho ..almost 40# at 900-1000 is only 35-40k ..where did they get 60k ?

You can't do everything COWBOY status in America people will rip u if they get a chance ...all palms must be GREASED ..even then ur not guaranteed but it helps stop F*ckers like this fro stealing and reselling ur shit

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That math is so shitty tho ..almost 40# at 900-1000 is only 35-40k ..where did they get 60
Where are you paying 900 to 1k for a pound ????? i get more than that for a QP !!!!
4500 to 5200k for a pound here ..... unless its mexi brick & even then its 11 or 1200

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ummm,... Wrong company bro.

FedEx is the Co that uses contract drivers. Trust me. ;)

Management was certainly in on the sting, as for who snitched? Could have been anyone from a concerned citizen, to a co-worker or some random manager who was looking really closely at their numbers.... They keep a close track on who is where, and doing what,.... Again, trust me on this ;)

As for the Cameras,... Never seen em, never even seen any footage from any of em. Do they exist? Can't say, but management sure knows shit they shouldn't! :blowbubbles:

UPS is full of thieves? Find a shipping Co that isn't.

For the Record, you should never try to SHIP anything that is federally ILLEGAL!!!

I stand corrected..in fact I just am in the process of getting hired with Fed -Ex CC.....thank you for clarifying that.