What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

1000watt Climate Controled "CAB"

MID TOWN

Hi ICMAG :wave: For those of you who don't know me, I normally run 2000watts in this shed but for reasons I wont discuss here I was forced to downsize a bit.

I am now running 1000watts over a 4x4 in a little area of the shed that I sectioned off. I'll be running 16 PURPLE KUSH clones in 3gal pots, I'm using botanicare coco, PBP, probably some LK and gravity in late flower.

The "cab" is fully outfitted with a 12,000btu AC controled by a day/night thermostat, CO2 with the sentinel CTC-1 controller, a 8" vortex that is also hooked up to the sentinel, carbon filter, a organic air 6" hepa filter for the intake, and a dehumidifier (which by the way is the reason that the table is so high). Unfortunately the only place I could fit it was underneath.

I damn near killed the clones I have right now by forgeting to water them and then on top of that I blew a breaker and had no power out there for 3 days so hopefully these clones come thru without being all mutated otherwise I may have to go pick some up from SR71.

Anyways, enough talking. Here's some pics.

I had to modify the table a bit to make it fit.

And a few pics of my last grow so that those of you who didn't see it will have an idea of what's to come.
:rasta:

Hope you all enjoy. this should be a good show.

peace

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

WOW!!!

I loved your last grow and this one is sure to be impressive!

I cant wait dude. Impressive as hell man. Wow that looks wonderful very pro. I love it man It looks off the charts. Wil the dehumi under the table make a big diff? How close you plannin on keepin the light? It looks great man. Im sure that AC keeps those temps in SERIOUS check. Good job buddy and I cant wait to see it thru man!

Real pro buddy!

Germanator

Good luck with your new room. All that counts is that you keep going sometimes... always better to build smaller than not build at all right?

Be easy,
Germ

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Love the setup. well thought out. Looks good so far brother how them clones doing?

MID TOWN

PIFFDADDY- Good to have ya along buddy.

BIGTIMER7- Thanks ALOT man. Truthfully I went a bit overkill for a little 1000watt setup, but I had all the stuff so why not. :D Most likely the AC wont even be needed since I am venting. It's more there just as a backup. The exhaust is hooked up to the sentinel which kicks it on if the temps go over 78 and the ac is set to go on at 80 if the exhaust cant handel it. but with an 8" vortex I dont think that will happen. :muahaha:

GERMANATOR- "Good luck with your new room. All that counts is that you keep going sometimes... always better to build smaller than not build at all right?"

Verry well put! I was really disappointed about doing nothing so this is a big boost for me even if it's really a not. ya know what I mean. :wink:

D ROCK- Thanks bro. The clones really are doing well considering what they went through but weather or not they mutate is still to be seen. :nono:

Ram Beau

I think having that dehum down low under the table will be killer. You will pull cool air in down there and the area below the table will act as a prechamber and dry out the air as it comes in from outside. You won't have cold humid nights, which can cause pm esp in the purps.

MID TOWN

Yea it'll be perfect. The air comes in down under the table and then has to come right by the dehuy and then up through the canopy and into the exhaust. :rasta:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
nice! clean! i noticed this project was boosted with a few cold ones. ahh. creativity.

im getting comfortable for this as well.

HeresTheDank

Very nice midtown! i just read through you're 2000watt second grow and was in awe. Definently good attention to detail with the setup. I too am in a mix up right now, i just started flowering 2 weeks ago with my 2 dwc's and have 8 clones in soil veggin but might have to move this month, not in the best way either. so hopefully we'll get a house lined up here quick and throw em ina uhaul and take them to the new place. enough rant, i'll be following you're grow taking notes how to create a better grow space at the new house.

N

NZjay

Midtown! great to see you back into it again!
thanx for letting me know you were running the thread, who longs how long it would have taken me to stumble across it. lol

but im tagged in this time.

Looks real pro dude! cant wait to see it with girls!
best of luck!

hazy

Veteran
I like that intake filter? Mid Town. If that's what it is.
That PK looks like good stuff. Too bad i don't live in CA.
So I'm not a hydro guy, if you'll excuse a couple dumb questions.
I'm guessing you pump water periodically through those tubes to water from the top. Does it run until it fills the tray to a certain depth, then drain back down to the res?
How often does this cycle repeat?
Does it keep the res cool by having it underneath the table where the light doesn't shine so you don't need a chiller?
Contemplating hydro here and looking and thinking. I'm tired of gnats.

Last edited:

MID TOWN

SWAMPDANK- Ohh yea. this project was boosted with more than a few cold ones. I normally don't drink budweiser I just had e few of em layin arround, GREAT WHITE is was got me through most of it. :rasta:

HERESTHEDANK- Yea I've done the whole moving mid grow before. It's obviously not the most pleasent experience and potted plants are much easier to move than dwc, but it can be done. Anyways it's good to have ya along for the show.

NZJAY- Whats up buddy :wave:
We're both in bassically the same situation and understand what eachother are going through so it's deffinately good to have ya here!

HAZY- If you talkin about the blue one then yes, it is an intake filter.

The PK deffinately the bomb, not only is it the best dank I've ever grown, it fetches the highest price.:joint:

Yes the water is pumped through the feed lines once a day for 10 min and then imediately drains back into the res. I'm sure having the res on the concrete floor does keep it cool although it doesn't actually matter unless you're runnin DWC.

I went hydro a few years ago and havn't looked back since. I doubt you will either once you make the jump.

DUKE- thanks alot mang.

DAY 10 VEG or recuperation

Most of the new growth is healthy but you can still tell that they went through some shit.

probably about one more week of veg and then into flower.

peace

N

NZjay

this is gonna be great dude, glad im in early.

Yeah we are going through the such similar shit in life right now, its great seeing you around again.
Both were running large rooms with large wattage, and now just rocking what we can, where we can. im certainly looking forward to watching this MT.

best of luck!

btw, Is PK any relation to Purple Urkle?...
they seem to have similar veg structure?...
i know you were a Urkle toker, so tell me how you compare the two? cheers...

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
Looking at the growth from the first pic of the PK clones, to the last one. :bigeye: :yoinks:
I sure don't get growth like that with soil.
Knowing that you only run the pump for ten minutes a day is awesome. One of the things that's been holding me back from hydro is pumps and timers. I thought E&F tables had multiple cycles per day.
Thanks MT.
I'll be tagging along.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Your new room is looking very well laid out. Your previous grows are some of
the best here on IC in my honest opinion. I run the Botanicare lineup and love it. Have you tried Sweet at all? It does a great job of making the buds fatten up and taste great. Can't wait to watch this one thanks again :joint:

-Funk

MID TOWN

NZJAY- :cuss: DAMNNNNN! I just wrote out a huge response to your question and then for whatever reason closed the page. :fsu:

Anyways the basics of it were that I love the urkle but IMHO the PK is better. The smell/taste are to die for and potency is off the charts. :canabis:

HAZY- Yea man. Hydro growth really is amazing. :yes:

If you use a medium like hydrotron u need to feed multiple times a day but if you use coco it usualy only needs to be fed once a day, mabey twice. Probably the best thing about coco IS that it holds water very well while still retaining plenty of oxygen making it really hard to over water or get diseases like root rot. :rasta:

FUNKBOMB- There are a lot of damn good grows here at ic so to be told that ur up there with the best feel's really good and weather it's true or not I THANK YOU VERRY MUCH! lol

I've never tried sweet before but I may just have to.

MK6- welcome! Here's some :lurk: for the show.

Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
HELL YEAH MIDTOWN GLAD I GOT HERE SOON ENOUGH. I AM READY TO WAYCH ANOTHER AWESOME GROW WITH PROB MY FAV STRAIN TO SMOKE. SMOKIN SOME RIGHT NOW LOOKS LIKE YOURS ACTUALLY HAHA. SWEET IS AWESOME PRODUCT. ITS A CARBOHYDRATE SYNTHESISER(SUGAR) AND HAS OTHER BENEFICIAL PROPERTIES. I ALSO USE BOTANICARE PRODUCTS(GROW,BLOOM,CALMAG,SWEET,KAHRMA,SEABLAST) THEY ARE PRETTY AWESOME WORKING TOGETHER.