What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alamony Grows

alamony2005

Hello ICMAG! It's taken roughly 3 weeks to get an account approved for posting.. but I finally made it and here is my adventure.

BTW: Yes I know my name is spelled incorrectly. "Alimony" but people started calling me ali baba or some weird stuff so i changed it to Alamony because it rolls better off the tongue.

Now on the juicy stuff

I am legalized for growing and consumption in California so I dont have to fear being busted by the locals..

Im am starting my grow in my closet of a spare room in my house its measurements are

21" deep by 82"wide by 103" tall

Ive used the extend a cab diy to make my closet

64"deep by 82"wide by 103" tall

Imagine the shape like a T

I have 2 plants which i brought over from my neighbors house. I had to dig them out of what seemed like hard pan... the roots where less than 3 inches long with the plant over a foot tall. I have no idea of what plants they are since he said a buddy hooked em up with the seeds.
* I also bought a 10pack from Nirvana of Double Strawberry Diesel which also came with 5x Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze X Skunk 1.. are either of these good starters?

My lighting consists of 1 400watt HPS light with reflector and attached ballast. I have on order a CMH but the company states my order was received by me and signed however I never got anything so I am looking into that.

For soil since this is my first grow ever.. I went for Biobizz "All-Mix" the gentleman at the hydro store said it should be very good at not having to just tons of nutes and should be a all around good soil for a beginner.

Water.. simple distilled water which is hovering around 7.4ph. and is given at room temperature ever 3rd day or as the soil seems drier.

I have 2 Honeywell fans blowing to circulate the air and keep temps down to around 80 in the day and 74 at night. I will soon put ducting on the lights to blow all hot air out of the room.

OH also I am just starting on the extend a cab diy all thats up is my frame work.

My plants when I got them looks dead as hell... leaves touching the soil from sagging and plain out yellow! Now with just a 12/12 light cycle they are looking strong and pointing skyward.

Like I said, this is my first grow and I look forward to everyones help to make it a successful one if possible haha. I'll start posting pics tomorrow cuz its already 1am here.

Once again... this is my first grow and im excited to be a part of the community!

Ready Set GROW!

the_dungeon

dooooooooope

cant wait for it to be at its full potential ! and your intro was way easier to read then mine..

i always seem to be fucked up when i update.. ill try doing it sober :D

wheres the pics at yo??

:smoweed: :wave: :headbange

alamony2005

Okay guys, sorry its been a while.. but ive been really busy with work and regular life duties.

Ive done some shopping the last few days and with the help of a buddy I now have the poly up for the most part and im working on getting it all stapled down and pulled tight.

Frame work is complete and its cosmetic now for the most part.

I have the ducting for my fan's which ill use to push air through and out of my lamp set up. "honeywell fan through 8in ducting in and out of cab"

I also bought a 400watt Ceramic Metal Halide "CMH" bulb online and it turns out UPS delivered it to the wrong house and the person actually signed for it!

The bulb company was cool with it and they sent out another free.
***The person who signed for my package returned it to UPS and UPS actually brought it to me... however the light bulb company only charged me for 1 bulb and in the package was 2!!! So im getting my original replacement on this monday plus the 2 free ones.**** (3 lights)

I hear nothing but good from these CMH bulbs and the research on them seems to back it up pretty solid.. these f*ckers are BRIGHT and clear too. Way better than the HPS IMO.

Okay now, I just have 1 CMH bulb on a 12/12 trying to bring those plants I got back to life... its doing a awesome job btw.
Temp's range from 88 in the day with 41%humidity and 73 at night. (95 outside)

I just transplanted into 3gal buckets due to the plants being really root bound (when I got them the plants where like in cement-like ground soil with 2in roots)

Well here are some pics, i gotta drink a 40 and go work out.

Last edited:

the_dungeon

update!! newpics and let everyone know what ya got from the club.. i bet some folks would be jealous!! not everyone is lucky enough to get there hands on such good strains

alamony2005

Up and running again with vengence baby!

Up and running again with vengence baby!

From the dead rise's 5 Double Strawberry Diesel's and a whole bunch of Grape Ape.
D.S.D. are in the red solo cups...

IMG00207-20090929-1220.jpg

The Grape Ape is in the middle tray
IMG00003-20091029-1915.jpg

IMG00002-20091029-1914.jpg

**Before it went to flower** I had to bring it back to life.
IMG00045-20091116-0519.jpg

**D.S.D. up front with two grape ape mothers in the back.
picture.php

Grape Ape Flowering!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

**old crop**
IMG00018-20091108-1224.jpg

It has been a while since I have posted anything. That does not mean I have forgotten anyone or any thread but that I felt I owed it to my self to read up on all the conflicting stories on here about growing... lol Well everyones opinion started to ruin my own about growing and I felt like I went in a big circle in some ways. But on to the point as im sure 2 people have clicked off already.. lol

The set-up:

Call it what you wish but ill describe it.

Reservoir: 55gal water drum

Buckets: 5gal

Tube Size: 1"

Fittings: Ebb and Flow style

Water Movement: Maxijet 1000's

Air: EcoAir 4

Nutrients:*** Advanced Nutrients
* Sensi Grow A-B
* Rhinoskin
* Scorpion Juice
* No-Shock

Lighting: {Flower} Sun Systems Yield Master 2 6" opening cooled hood. 1000hps {Veg} 400watt CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide)

Air:
Lots of Honeywell fans, 1 box fan and soon 2 HVB fans. they are cheap and work well.

Grow Media: Hydroton

Water: R.O. water from the local asian water store... they have a tank the size of my whole grow room so that shit better be legit. ( $0.10 a gal)* I filled two 55 gallon drums by hand 2 blue jugs at a time... it took multiple bowls to shake the sore body after that night mare.

Meters: Blue Lab Truncheon (EC, TDS, PPM 500-700, temperature calibration. American Marine PH constant read-out gives perfect readout at 4.01 test solution and at 7. *just replaced probe last month*, Multiple air and humidity gauges. res temp meter with alarm.

Heating and Cooling: I used my house's swamp cooler for air flow and cooling this summer. I live in a valley that is known for sticking anything in the ground and that will grow.. lol too a degree but I am sure you know what I mean. *No I did not have issues with humidity as the area is also a dryer place*

For heating I also used my wall mounted heater ) tall skinny metal kind with slats all the way up. It is in the hallway right next to both rooms so that was simple. (Also, I have a 7000btu ac unit waiting to be installed.

Reading Material: George Cervantes Canna Bible. Sunlight Supply Catalog, Hydrofarm catalog, Marine World catalog, ICmag.com (the best... thank you guy's.. everyone.. people who didnt get credit in this and people who did. Don't feel left out.. feel grateful that you where able to pass your knowledge on to someone possibly thousands of miles away and you didnt even have to meet me. Thanks!

One person who DOES need a HUGE thank you for their support is http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=109776 Its finally coming along man.

Back to the grow.

Various size rubber maid totes and net pots galore.

So basically I bought a bunch of random stuff and eventually I will be making a 12site system that has a float switch set up for a 20 gallon controller with 1 pump in the controller and 1 in the rez. A timer will control the times that the pumps will be on and the float switch will shut them off if water level gets to high or low. (Fed ex is supposed to deliver it any minuet now I hope.

Clone / Baby starter: Simple ebb and flow set-up. In a Rubbermaid tote, this on top of a 7gal taller bucket with an air line plumbed in to keep nutrients oxygenated. The plants are placed into rockwool cubes after being dipped in Clonex rooting solution and then put into smaller containers filled with hydroton and placed in the tray. The tray floods every 4 hours in the day time and once at night. It has a 1/2" fill hose and 1" overflow safetydrain and a 3/4" as its main drain. I have used 3/4" tube to act as a extension to raise the fill and drain water levels. (heat the hose with a stove gas burner to make the hose more pliable to fit a screen over it.) **dont start a fire! the tube will easily catch fire if not careful** Try a blow dryer if you wish to be extra safe** The holes have been drilled out so that the drains flow back right into the bucket which also aerates everything again. The tray DOES NOT sit flush on the bucket. I make sure to drill the holes to leave a tiny lip of the fitting sticking out to serve as a perch. I have put stunted dead as hell plants in there and it brought them back to life! See for your self.

Adolescent Tray: This is a much larger set-up. The tote this time is 18gal and its alot sturdier.. This has the same style top tray only I have filled it with (8) 1gal nursery pots. I have drilled holes into the lid of the bottom res to allow the drains from the top tray to match up perfectly and make a unique easy to open and close design. I have used the same drain set up on this as the Cloner. I also have a airstone in the res to oxygenate the solution further. Once again all fittings have the correct screen on them to help prevent blockage. I like to think of the infomercial... (Set it and Forget it!) haha

Mother Set-up: I have once again the same setup as the first two. 18gal rez with a smaller tub on top to house the mother. I have drilled a 2 1/2" hole in the middle of the top lid to allow th eplant to stick out and at the same time keep crap from going on. (I open and inspect all the time.) I cannot remember its size at the moment but I would say its maybe a 5 gallon? Its filled in the middle with a 1gallon net pot and the rest Hydroton. The top of this house has a 1/2" emergency overflow tube that connects in a swooping arc to the res below to prevent disaster from that front. An airstone is also placed at the bottom to keep things oxygenated.

Flowering: For flowing I will be using the 5gal buckets with 1" tube connected to the bottom that will fill by gravy as the pumps from the res pump water into the 21gal rez. I have float switches to control water level in the controller box and also timers to ensure they will not be on at the same time. I also have low amperage transformers to reduce the electrical charge so I hopefully dont kill my self if something fails and im swimming in my rex tanks... lol you never know with the type of dank im trying to grow... lol But yeah, I will go over the controller box later on. This is where I have stopped building. I have 50ft of 1" tube for my buckets, I have all the fittings. I have 40+ buckets sitting to be used.. all are 5gal. I just have to wait till I got some old enough to go in there...

Anyways im super tired now.. and im gonna search to see if we can use a different site to post pics.i am not a fan of this set up. either way.. im back an goin strong!

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
hellya man uve got sum skills for shure.. nice camera work.. Looks like your pullin the big guns out now.. Goodluck brotha..:rasta:

alamony2005

Okay I made me a site to clone effectively with. I had a system working pretty good but i need consistency and speed so I have built this contraption:

SDC12056.jpg

SDC12057.jpg

This is a simple over head 3 tube fluorescent light fixture that I had sitting in the back room for 2 years. I have around 400 yes thats hundred fluorescent tubes layring around and thought I would put them to good use. I cut the end off a standard power cord and soldered that to the ballast in the light box that way i can plug it into a standard wall outlet or to a timer. Next I bought a humidity dome and base. Next I located a electric blanket found also in the same room and I placed that on the bottom to keep the bottom warm. I wanted to make sure that the roots are alot warmer than the ambient air... so I bought an electric thermometer with a probe on it. I stick the probe through the sides of the rockwool cubes making sure no part of the probe is exposed. THis will give me the temperature of the root zone and I also have a standard electric thermometer to measure ambient air and humidity. I have raised the light fixture and supported it by the two 7 gallon chlorine buckets. (I will make a stand later) I have lined the back of it against a wall and put black and white poly to keep things nice and reflective. ... brb.

alamony2005

Clones

Clones

Here are the clones and mother that I took today when I built the above unit. ^^^

Does this mother look healthy?
Grape Ape: Mother

SDC12046.jpg

SDC12048.jpg

Can you spot the problem with one clone? =) its tricky and hopefully someone as stoned as me can get a good laugh haha

SDC12050.jpg

SDC12051.jpg

Grape Ape flowing: Yes the hood has been disconnected to heat the room during the day. Its gets down to 25 at night right now and there is no sense in loosing that heat energy.. (that temp is outside. I keep portable heaters in the rooms during the night. I leave the fan pushing air into it that way the canopy does no cook to death.

SDC12037.jpg

SDC12058.jpg

SDC12060.jpg

SDC12061.jpg

C

chytil151

If u want consistant clones and fast go for a DIY ez-cloner well worth the money and highly effective. Mine is a small 18 site cloner made from a rough neck 18gal. tote $10, 1-10' strand of 1"pvc pipe at $1.22, 20-360 degree aero misters at $.35 each, 1 rez. heater $15,and a 250gal/hr. submersible water pump $20 filled w/ R/O water temped at 75 to 78 degree's F and ph'd to 6.0 and I have a recycle timer set at 15 mins on 15 mins off,But u really don't need the recycle timer to have an effective cloner. My clones go in and with in 5 to 7 days later I have rootible clones w/o any cloning solution at all. Just my .02 cent's :xmastree:

Latest posts

Latest posts