What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali Mist - DWC - 1400w

Day 1

they have germed and have popped out.
but im concerned.
as they are seedlings and they just popped
should they be a yellowish color??
check pix

heres the feeding i have done

liquid karma - seedling recommended dosage
vitamin b - less than recommended dosage
hydrozyme - recommended seedling dosage
RO water
5.8 PH water
250 ppm
in a humidome

now im going to procede to feed them
floronova grow
250 ppm
5.8ph water
with some the other solutions listed above.

after they sprouted i took the plastic shell off and put them in flouros. these pix are before the flouros were added

let me know if im ok. and.... they stretched ALOT in the dark.. hmm.

also, let me know if im doing anything wrong
peace
-curbs

Day 3

Took them off the flouro's
Put them under 1400w's
feeding them say nutes as posted above.
250ppm
5.8PH

lights are 5 feet away
Temp - 70F
cant raise the temp... is this a decent temp?

I am wondering, do they make MH bulbs that are in the 3500K area?
well my 1000w one is... i found that very strange.

in any case, heres plant info

Some have a real rich dark green, the tall ones don't
this one seems like its going to die. i have it propped up because if not the top just bends, hope that helps

heres pix of the other kali's

let me know if you see any deficiencies
thanks
curbs

Day 7

7 planted - 100% germ
1 died. the neck, below the leaves, shriveled? why?

Room temp: 75-80F
Room Humidity - 50
Water - 5.7 to 6.0 PH
Nutes - 300-350ish ppm of Floranova and an extra 100 from LiquidKarma, Hydrozyme and Cal-Mag(only lil dose of this stuff)

Plant 1
Lost its first set of true leaves but is still alive, but isn't getting any taller, but doesn't seem to be withering.

Plant 2
In the same bucket as plant one. Purple stem. Growing slowly. Second set of leaves are coming in. Slowly. and the round leaves are curling and seems to be a tad bit yellow at the tip there.

Plant 3
Seems healthy. Lil yellowish. Purple stem. Second set of leaves are coming in. slowly though.

Plant 4
Sharing the same bucket as plant 3. Second set of leaves came in. Plant seems real healthy. Purple stem, though.

Plants 1-4 are under the 1000w lamp. Which is about 4 1/2 feet away. maybe 4 feet away.

Plant 5
This bugger is WEIRD. It was the tallest of them all from the get go. It would lean one day, and the next day it would straighten up. Now today its leaning again. But other than that. Looks healthy to me. Two sets of leaves. Different color stem than plants 1-4. But i dont know if its color is good? whitish?

Plant 6
This seems to be my best so far, but today its starting to lean. Still has its seed shell on it. should i take that off?

Plants 5-6 are under a 400w lamp. about 2 feet away. maybe lil closer. couple inches closer. 22-26 inches away. Need to measure it.

In anycase
let me know if you see any problems. Have any answers to these growth habits. especially for plant 5 and 1.

Curbs

Day 11
Temp 75-85F
PH - 5.4
PPM - 330-350 of Floranova and 100+ of LK, Hydrozyme, and Calmag
Humidity - 50%

Plants 3-6 are showing roots at the bottom of the nets.

The first two (runts) are being runts. But plant 1 is growing back its first set of leaves... but only one leaf.. but theres a second set coming behind that one leaf. lil weird.
Plant 3 and 4 are having lil problems.
The PH was @ 6.6 in the buckets at one point and i pushed the nutes up to 550ppm of Floranova. I think that is the cause of the problems.
Plant 3 has burnt tips
Plant 4 has curling leaves. I read thats a sign of root rot... but i looked at the root. and it looks fine. in any case, if too much nutes caused this, let me know.

Well this is day 9 from sprout. I figured they would be bigger by now?

Last edited:
--Day 13--
Floranova, Liquid Karma, Hydrozyme, Hydroguard, Cal Mag = 450ppm (300ppm of Floranova).

temps 75-85
75 today
PH - ?? need to check, but yesterday was at 5.8. I've been having PH problems, but I've just got some hydroton in the mail and added that to reduce light leaks and taped up the ends of the air tubing to reduce light leaks. hopefully this helps. I will be getting black tubing soon for the air supply and another air pump. So all 4 buckets will be receiving 2 nicely powered 6" air stones.
Pics
Plant 1 - Plant 6

Last edited:
---Day 14----
Floranova Grow, Liquid Karma, Hydroguard, Hydrozyme, Cal-Mag
PPM - 410-420
Humidity - 50%
PH - 5.6-6.4 (i have adjusted down to 5.7 just couple minutes ago)
Water Temp - 75F
Room Temp - 75-85 (80 today)

DWC system
4 Buckets 1 Controller

I uprooted plants 1 and 4... so now theres one plant per bucket. I took out the weaker of the bunch. Wish i had more buckets. Oh well.
Plant 6, which seemed to be the most prosperous one is now showing lil light yellowish spots. Hopefully this is a PH problem. Which i will be fixing daily. The stability of my PH has been getting better throughout the week.

Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 5

Plant 6

Last edited:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
Lookin' good so far... always impressed to see growers logging daily readings and activity, or lack thereof... Only promising days ahead for you..... keep at it..... K+

thanks berry,
yeah i have a daily diary, but post up on here only every couple days for other growers.
i always like to see posts that show the growth of a strain from day 1
so i hope this helps others as well as myself
peace
curbs

Nutes: Floranova
Supplements: Liquid K, Hygrozyme, and Hydroguard
PH: 5.7-6.8 (daily re-adjustment of PH)
PPM: 250-350 of Floranova and 50-75 of Supplements
Humidity: 45-55%
1000w 3000Kelvin MH
400w 6500kelvin MH

Day 15

Plant 1 (2 from previous post)

Plant 2 (3 from previous post)

Plant 3 (5...)

Plant 4 (6...)

Last edited:
Day 32

PPM - 900.
PH 5.6 - 6.4(tops)

So... still vegging. 1 and 2 are for sure females...
3 i am positive is a male.. =( too many balls without hairs.

the 4th. not so sure yet.

i think i got some nice bushes. they really shot up when i made my system recirculating. shoulda done this along time ago.
they are showing resin now as well.
i will be scrogging soon, as soon as i find out the sex of the last plant for sure. im excited.

Last edited:
Day 36

PPM - 1100
PH - 5.6 - 6.2
Water Temps - 70-78
Room Temps - 80
Humidity - 50%
20"-23"s tall.

I trimmed the bottoms and FIM'd a few shoots. Just experimenting.
I will start flowering in 16 days. Maybe less if the Kali's get taller than 30"s within now and then.

Day 40... VEG COMPLETE

Day 1 of Flower!!!!

No pix... ill post up in a week. Two are for sure females. the other two im sure are lil bastards. but imma let them go for a week till those lil balls show theyre faces then YANK!

Kali's are at 25"... so by the end i should have 50" Kali's. Kali 2 is bushing out... its going to be a jungle in the closet. The other one is a runt. I probably won't get an ounce from it. But, hey, this my first grow. I should get atleast 4 oz from Kali 2. Let's hope.

Day 5

theyve grown 6" in 4 days of bloom and more hairs are showing.. nothing too significant.

i started @ 900ppm of floranova bloom. They seem to be taking up more water than nutes. PH is dropping and PPM is rising fast. I cut the nutes to 750ppm.

Been trimming a lot of leaves too, mostly on Kali 2. Its a bushy one with a lot of shoots. i have been pondering if i should cut all the smaller shoots at the bottom so energy goes mostly to the middle and tops? I have been clearing up some leaves to try to get some more light at the bottom but it seems like a fruitless endeavor. I guess i will wait.

my third Kali which isnt shown is pretty much a male... but imma let him live for a minute to see the growth of a male (first grow)... and i might take some pollen and bag it.. it is a good Kali.

Pix

Plant 1

Plant 2

Last edited:
Day 10

Room Temps are steadily @ 80 during the day
@ night... i do not know. i am guessing around 70. Since thats the house temp.

I do not have a dehumidifier yet so the RH is now between 48-65
PPM @ 850
PH - 5.8-6.1

Height... 42-45"... hopefully the height just doubles or imma have do some work.
my closet is overgrown... ughs

Kali 1

Kali 2

Tops

closeup.. nothing special

Day 14

jesus h. chris
they have doubled in size.
god damnit.
i was hoping this would be bout the size they finished at... oh no.
not even close.
so i am now stringing them up/down/left/right.... hopefully this helps and doesn't affect my buds

Latest posts

Latest posts