What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 years after getting blue cheese cut I find a seed!

medicalmj

Veteran
So I was twisting a doobie with a buddy earlier this week and as I was breaking up the bud I noticed what felt like a seed. And sure as shit it was. And this thing was the smallest seed I'd ever seen that was mature and striped. Of course I planted it that night and the little fucker sprouted yesterday!

So, my question to those who know about this kinda thing what can I expect. This blue cheese cut is an awesome strain and I am really excited.

What's the chance it'll hermi? will be female?

What's the significance of such a tiny seed? are sativas seeds smaller? I'd love it if has more sativa traits.

Thanks!

fabvariousk

Veteran
Tiny seeds come from tiny calyxes.
Not much more significant than that.
If you have been running this cut for years and this is your first beaner from it than it will probably be a hermi but could be slight or manageable.
Time will tell.

medicalmj

Veteran
Tiny seeds come from tiny calyxes.
Not much more significant than that.
If you have been running this cut for years and this is your first beaner from it than it will probably be a hermi but could be slight or manageable.
Time will tell.

Well I guess I'll know something in a couple months and will keep my fingers crossed.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
I've been growing some Bruce Banner that I found in a very similar way. Bought an oz and when I was loading a bowl found one tiny, but otherwise perfect seed. I've been growing it about 5 months now and it just barely herms if I leave a lot of fluff on the lower part of the plant. If I just keep her lower part clean and tidy she doesnt herm at all.

It can be frustrating though, have one right now that barely hermed on me, but found the sack too late. Starting to find little seeds all over the bottom now.

I'd say if you still have the cut keep running that, you'll run into fewer problems in the long run. The seed can still make some great smoke though, just gotta watch em like a hawk in flower.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
You never know when bagseeds could be the next Chemdog or OG Kush. I keep bagseed from all good strains when I find them, I keep them in the fridge if I don't have room to start them. Someday Ill start them all, and see whats up.
If your herb you found it in was indoor grown, I would expect a female seed with a chance she will be hermie. If it was outdoor grown it could have been pollinated by anything, male or female,hemp, or who knows. I would clone it and grow it out anyway.

Last edited:

TheMole

Am I correct to assume this seed came from growing this cut yourself? If so, and especially if it was grown indoors and this is the only seed you found, it might not be a hermie at all. If it was from a hermie, you'd expect lots of seed. If you keep a plant flowering (too) long, they can produce a few seeds without being pollinated right? And will those seeds have a tendency to hermie?

Mole sometimes it seems as though nature finds a way.I have found a seed in a plant no where near a male or hermie.I have also read alot of threads that say so too.

TheMole

Nature most certainly is amazing. That's part of why growing is such a pleasure. And not just mj at that.

JointOperation

if it was grown in a room full of blue cheese.. u got s1.. if its grown in a room with other strains. u have a fem cross.. mainly female.. but theres always chances that she will hermi.. so just becareful and watch any bagseeds u plant./

medicalmj

Veteran
Thanks for all the info. I guess it could have hermie traits but might be able to keep her if I keep a close eye on her. And there's a chance albeit small that she'll be special. If it does end up being unique I'll post it. Now time to wait...

medicalmj

Veteran
Well I am about week or so from harvesting this incredible new strain. It has much larger buds than the original mom while remaining just as dense, WOW the yields are gonna be crazy! It has no cheesy stank but rather a super pungent grape-fruity aroma. I just too a little bud off to test and will let you know high and taste. I may post a close up pic too.

This is a unique strain that will be my main strain and clones will be given to medical growers.

Any ideas! Anyone want to give me a name for this? I don't like all this silly made up shit for another subtly different strain that ain't all that. And I've had many of these mediocre strains with exotic names that were a waste of time, but this is looking to be the best I've had since 1996, which I lost when I shut down. Just waiting to confirm that the high is pleasant and not a stupid drooling wheelchair buzz as the trichs are as abundant as you'll ever find.

medicalmj

Veteran
The results are in:

8% delta 9 THC
0.15 delta 8
0.5% CBC
9.5% CBD
0.25% CBN

Holy shit 20% total Cannabinoids with only 8% THC! This is one a hell of a medical strain.

Latest posts

Latest posts