What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cheap as possible

Good day dear forums!

After my first grow in an old PC Case ( https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35993 ) i finally decided to make a 2nd attempt.

My primary goal is to make this as cheap as somehow possible.

So at first i have to decide, where i want to grow, and i found a box that might fit.

But i am a little bit concerned about the heat and whether a paperboard box can take it.

Last time i used 6x 23W Philipps CFL.

This time I'm not going to try to stuff 4 plants in it like in the PC case, so i might not use 6 CFLs.

Anyway, what are your thoughts/Ideas on this?

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 16

Boomer89

Yes, don't use cardboard. It is a fire hazard waiting to happen. And honestly bro, you get what you pay for.. cheaper ain't always better,

GrowBox420

Heat + Cardboard= Bad idea
Just my:2cents:

Look on craigslist your probably could find something for free or really cheap that you could play with.

Good luck:wave:

T

trem0lo

Second on the cardboard. You're better off dialing in 1-2 plants in your pc case, and scrogging to keep the lights close. Maybe go hydro to give more headroom. I know cfls take up a lot of space in a cramped pc case, and most UFO LEDs are too big around for most cases. Maybe find a cheap full tower pc case. Those are like 5-6 inches taller.

fungzyme

^^^ Yeah, you'd be much safer and better off with a cheap (or free) vanity cabinet - I've seen a few sitting out on curbs the last week or so that would work fine, and could be made stealth if necessary.

Thank you for the answers :)

What do you think of using old flake board (3mm)?

I also thought of a vanity cabinet. But I'd have to get that.

Oh and a more appropiate word might be "low priced/bargain" instead of cheap.

Regards

GrowBox420

Don't be lazy my friend, you don't want to burn your house down because you didn't want to go get an appropriate cab!:smoky:

Best of luck! Interested to see what you come up with! :wave:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Is outdoors completely out of question? I know it's not viable for lots of people, but I'd wouldn't even grow if I had to do it in a cardboard box. Not even mentioning the fire hazard, what about the breakdown of the cardboard with so much going on so near to it...light, humidity, potential for bugs....I hate to think that anyone is limited with their imagination, but it seems very impractical and unsafe. Why not the pc case again?

Heyo,

i think it's going to be an outdoor try.
I want to grow the plants ca. 4 weeks in a pc case and then move them outdoor.

still need a spot, though ( "look for an appropriate spot 1 year in advance" anyone? :D)

greets

Latest posts

Latest posts