What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
while i realize we are passionate about cannabis related subjects, specially this one, i do think it's a shame people can not share their message without getting insulting. in the end it just makes the info provided to be that less likely to be looked at. if we could stay on the subject without questioning peoples intelligence, or insulting them etc, i think this thread will be better appreciated.

G

Gifted0ne

Let me help set the record straight, as I hate misinformation!

Might Wash is "ionized water" with a wee bit of a surfactant (look at the label)--no yucca, zero.
EZ Wet SE is 90% natural saponin derived from yucca schidigera and natural sugars.

So are you saying its basically just fkin Ionized water?? lol. What's causing the slight burn and spotting on some leaves, high ph? Im going to have to look into this, i have tons of ionized water sitting around here.

Coconutz

Veteran
Let me help set the record straight, as I hate misinformation!

Might Wash is "ionized water" with a wee bit of a surfactant (look at the label)--no yucca, zero.
EZ Wet SE is 90% natural saponin derived from yucca schidigera and natural sugars.

Saponins derived from yucca schidigera have shown to have certain pesticide benefits.

MECHANISMS UNDERLYING THE ACTION
AGAINST INSECTS
Saponins are known to have various biological properties.
They have membrane-permeabilising, haemolytic, antioxidant,
anti-inflammatory, immunostimulant and anticarcinogenic
activities, they affect feed intake, growth and reproduction
in animals, and they can be used as fungicides, molluscicides
and pesticides, as well as against some bacteria
and viruses (Francis et al. 2002; Sparg et al. 2004; Avato et
al. 2006; Tava and Avato 2006). In this part we will discuss
the activity of saponins against insects.
Saponins give rise to increased mortality levels, lowered
food intake, weight reduction, retardation in development,
disturbances in development and decreased reproduction
in pest insects. The mechanism underlying these actions
is, however, still largely unknown, but it is likely that
saponins have multiple activities. The main hypotheses are
that saponins could either make the food less attractive to
eat (repellent/deterrent activity), bear digestive problems,
cause moulting defects or have toxic effects on cells.

Source: 2007 PestTechnology DeGeyter review saponins (attached pdf)

The other 2 saponin studies are worthy of reading as well.

BTW, last month I paid $90 for 2.5 gallon container of EZ Wet SE--and I use it as a soil conditioner, catalyst for compost teas, and of course--foliar sprays. Since Growmore packages 2 products under the name "EZ Wet", make sure you get the "EZ Wet SE" not the other one..."EZ Wet 26" (for lawns and is not 90% yucca schidigera).

Cheers!

I dont think they make SE anymore. Its not on their website and only 1 or 2 places have it listed for sale.
I like SM90 but its not gonna do shit for an existing aphid infestation.
It might prevent them from colonizing a grow though.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Im personal friends with the owner of Grow More... He's the one who told me about mighty wash...the man is one hell of a scientist... I'll take his word ... he does own one of the largest fertilizer manufactures in the world..

There are studies how EZ Wet SE enhanced the properties of Avid and made it more efficient against Mites..

Why don't we just compare plants and rooms... see who's method provides the best results... too much talk on this thread with zero to back it up.. classic online shit

Misinformation is only when you speak from zero exp.. people think just because they cant find it on google that its not true... Mighty Wash label is about as true as the BushMaster label...

The website for Grow More is way behind the times..they will be upgraded and fixing it soon... they were just waiting for my homie to get out of lock up... dude went down for a year on his 30 lighter... Grow More kept his job waiting for him right when he got released...and also Grow More helped him get a job in charge of Hydroponics at the Prison he was at...

Btw when you shop at OC farm Supply... you have no juice with Grow More... just go direct

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
April 27, 2010: Miticide Trial on strawberries for the two-spotted spider mite. EZ Wet SE enhances the miticide AGRI-MEK from Syngenta, Inc.

the study used to be on the Grow More website

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I dont think they make SE anymore. Its not on their website and only 1 or 2 places have it listed for sale.
I like SM90 but its not gonna do shit for an existing aphid infestation.
It might prevent them from colonizing a grow though.

I just picked up a 55 gallon drum of the stuff from Grow More direct

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
So are you saying its basically just fkin Ionized water?? lol. What's causing the slight burn and spotting on some leaves, high ph? Im going to have to look into this, i have tons of ionized water sitting around here.

Easy to read info on the theory of using electrolysis to create "acidic water" and "ionized water" from plain tap water.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

BTW, in my prior life I was part of a due diligence team investigating "water ionizers" for an investment group--our final report was titled "New and Improved Snake Oil".

Cheers!

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran

EZ Wet SE--still in production, 4th from the bottom on this webpage: http://www.growmore.com/products/industry/agriculture-organic.html

You might have to special order it through your hydro/farm supply if they don't carry it. OC Farm (Orange County, CA) is my source...and always in stock.

Interesting the symbiotic relationship with Avid...hmmm, makes sense.

Cheers!

BTW Storm, since saponins are not an "illegal" ingredient (unlike what is in Bushmaster)...and IF Mighty Wash does contain saponins, then why is it not on their label? Adding a permissible "organic" ingredient would only help their sales--not hurt it. Besides, I have spoken at great length with the folks at NPK Industries (producers of Mighty Wash) and it is nothing but ionized water with a pinkish colored surfactant. Sorry to rain on your parade, but think about it, all you have is "my buddy told me"...nothing else; no other support/paper/label/marketing brochure to validate that claim. Sorry dude!

Last edited:
G

Gifted0ne

Other forums are filled with people saying it's got oil in it

"I heard a rumor that the manufacturer submitted Mighty Wash to a testing agency to verify it's "frequency imprint" - the testing agency put the sample through a very very delicate and highly precise water testing instrument. The Mighty Wash completely fouled the equipment because of it's undeclared oil content. The testing agency was none to pleased, or at least that's how the little birds told it."

"But a simple examination of the product will reveal it's not just water, it has high pH and runs around 700 ppm. There is also a visible oil sheen to the liquid."

There is a lot of bad info on here, and when i was saying it's an oil I was talking about it from experience. There are like 10 diff oils people claim it has (OR) 10 diff wetting agents, but its got 1.6555% "inert ingredients" of which NO ONE really knows for sure what it is.. No offense but anyone who says its "just water" is just rambling off nonsense.

G

Gifted0ne

Another quote

"they are no longer claiming to be "frequency water" I talked with the owners secretary and she relayed that they found out they don't even have to add frequency for it to have the effect it does on mites, so now they say it is just "plant extracts" that do wut it do.
ultimate wash just came out.. mighty wash without dye for the exact same price? lol. "

Storm Shadow

Veteran
you cant put Yucca on the label because you cant market that towards killing insects and fungus without having to pay for some proper labeling.. much different than NPK when your making claims of Insecticidal/Fungicide

Im sure since you shop at OC farm supply you have seen Naccosan made by GM...

Ever here of the lawsuit they had to deal with because of the false claims of being a pesticide?

http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpres...b41bcfcad2a6cb638525713e006fe98c!OpenDocument

Either way... Mighty Wash is not my cup of tea... it does nothing to BM's...

You spoke to the Salesman of the product and think they gave you full disclosure of whats in the product? Im sure General Hydro would make more bank by telling everyone about the PGR's in Liquid Kool Bloom instead of labeling as just 0-10-10 right?

This thread is full of know it all folk who post no pics of anything and are probably growing head smoke out of their closet...

yet they are CERTIFIED ARM CHAIR EXPERTS... no thank you....

If your not making $$$$$ you have no business trying to talk to me about the game

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Another quote

"they are no longer claiming to be "frequency water" I talked with the owners secretary and she relayed that they found out they don't even have to add frequency for it to have the effect it does on mites, so now they say it is just "plant extracts" that do wut it do.
ultimate wash just came out.. mighty wash without dye for the exact same price? lol. "

yucca extract

G

Gifted0ne

you cant put Yucca on the label because you cant market that towards killing insects and fungus without having to pay for some proper labeling.. much different than NPK when your making claims of Insecticidal/Fungicide

Either way... Mighty Wash is not my cup of tea... it does nothing to BM's...

Those were mostly quotes i used, but so many people claim to know what it is only 1 person or no one is right. but you see my pics a couple pages back? yea it does work, at least for some people it will.

Huge rip off and pisses me off to have to buy it, its like taking a bottle of neem and making 40 gallon bottles and sellin them for $40 each lol. pricks

** i hope your not making that up, im going to the store and gettin some yucca extract, and use it in my ionized water to see if it works.. The ionized water is 8.2ph identical to the Mighty Wash. If it foams up like i'd expect then it cant be in mighty wash.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Ahhh Storm, we are both on the same side and probably have more Growmore products on our shelves that most. Sorry you have the philosophy, "if you don't post pics...then you don't grow". Kinda hard for you to sample my "imaginary" herb....lol

I guess as you get older and have a few nice things, you kinda want to keep what you have and make sure your family is taken care of. My attorney instructed me to not post any pics of my grow and I follow his advice.

Perhaps this thread might explain things better--https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=275458

Cheers!

nofriend

ATTN: Someolddude SUB: OGBIO

ATTN: Someolddude SUB: OGBIO

Here are plants taken as clones from mother plants that where damaged by broad mites. The mothers had twisted curled blistering leaves and the claw. And when grown out produced "Dud plants" That had no vigor or smell or resin. These are the clones from those mother plants after employing the "Bro Science technique" of BM recovery and long term management. First 3 shots are of Prized Mr Nice SSH and the last two (more indica) are "Critical 47" The room smells like tropical rotten fruit ,Mango, peach and spice. (4 weeks into 12/12)...Sorry about the picture quality I'm no photog. These plants are 100% safe clean high grade medicine.

Hey old dude,

It has been over 3 weeks since my last attempted heat treatment. I have been spraying OGBIO twice a week since then. I am currently feeling good about everything. Plants seem to be growing quickly and healthy. However there does seem to exist just the slightest ridging on some of the edges of the leaves.

I noticed that in the last to pics you posted there there appears to be the same subtle ridging of the fan leaves. You dont seem concerned? Should I be?

I'm noy to worried

I'm noy to worried

Hey old dude,

It has been over 3 weeks since my last attempted heat treatment. I have been spraying OGBIO twice a week since then. I am currently feeling good about everything. Plants seem to be growing quickly and healthy. However there does seem to exist just the slightest ridging on some of the edges of the leaves.

I noticed that in the last to pics you posted there there appears to be the same subtle ridging of the fan leaves. You dont seem concerned? Should I be?

I suppose it could be a remnant of the toxin however my experience with "dud's" has me looking more toward early "burnt pistols" those leaves could also be slight over fert or ph fluctuation Those plants have a very strong mango smell and greasy copious resin content (not evident in lousy pictures) ..I will not be 100% sure about the recovery of course until the final medicine is consumed. But my experience with these plants tell me i'm nearly certain that it will end well as usually by this time in grow the plants look bad with almost no smell. I do have one plant (not shown) that has almost no smell and I believe it's a strain that will not recover.You peaked my curiosity so I went and looked up pictures of "critcal 47" and "Ak 47" and the slight upward edge cupping of "One leaf" on the entire plant appears to be a "Trait" of this strain. As the appearance of this "Critical 47" looks exactly like the pictures I looked up.Not too concerned but I will post results near harvest and of course after testing medicine. It will be an honest report either way.

G

Gifted0ne

I have figured out what Mighty Wash is so no need for more discussion here, but its not yucca extract, and it does contain oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts