What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Leafs curled down & developed a crispy texture

beyond

Hi,

currently there are 2 fem. SLH from GHS in growth. The seeds were germinated 4 weeks ago, I also have some DP PP and other plants in growth, all are doing fine except one SLH. She is growing under a 250W MHD in a 4L pot (1 gallon), soil used is "Plagron Grow Mix", watering with canna-vega-nutrients is practiced every now and then as the plants seem to require water. PH is generally set around 5.8 - 6.1

I`m wondering why the leafs of her are curling down and made this change in texture? They fell somehow dry and grew very crispy textured as you can see on the pics. Maybe someone can guide me finding out whats wrong with her? First I thought about overwatering, so i`ll lessend the water she received and let her dry out a little bit, but she didn't seem to recover, so I´m slowly coming back to normal watering (around 200 - 300ml water with some nutes / or plain water depending on the plants requirements).

Any hint regarding the cause of this leaf development is appreciated.
Thanks in advance !

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The curling and bumpy leaves indicate the beginning of nitrogen toxicity. Flush the plants with clear water and let rest for a few days then begin feeding at a reduced rate the first couple of feedings.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi,

currently there are 2 fem. SLH from GHS in growth. The seeds were germinated 4 weeks ago, I also have some DP PP and other plants in growth, all are doing fine except one SLH. She is growing under a 250W MHD in a 4L pot (1 gallon), soil used is "Plagron Grow Mix", watering with canna-vega-nutrients is practiced every now and then as the plants seem to require water. PH is generally set around 5.8 - 6.1

I`m wondering why the leafs of her are curling down and made this change in texture? They fell somehow dry and grew very crispy textured as you can see on the pics. Maybe someone can guide me finding out whats wrong with her? First I thought about overwatering, so i`ll lessend the water she received and let her dry out a little bit, but she didn't seem to recover, so I´m slowly coming back to normal watering (around 200 - 300ml water with some nutes / or plain water depending on the plants requirements).

Any hint regarding the cause of this leaf development is appreciated.
Thanks in advance !

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi beyond and welcome to ICMag,
Seems like your pH is on point and they are no real deficiencies but what you may not know is that the Lemon family of GHS has a floating deformity that hit a few seeds. You have a (special - ret@rd) plant. It doesn't mean you have to throw it out as the crystals they produce are dazzling but you'll have to make sure she is ALWAYS on point with reference to the levels.

TJO, has a picture of his. I had it myself but I had it with the Lemon Skunk only. Just a heads up brother and good luck.