What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Fox Farm 3 New products. Microbe Brew, Kangaroots Root Drench, and Sledge Hammer

Smorkin Labbit

Hi everyone,

So I just recently received these 3 products from Fox Farm.
They all seem pretty awesome.
Obviously the Sledge Hammer was one that they placed on their feeding schedule possibly over a year or two ago, although this is the first time I have actually seen a bottle.

The Microbe Brew and the Kangaroots are new to me.
They seem to contain the same ingredients as each other, but with some different microbes.

Kangaroots
Root Drench 0.80-0.10-0.03
Derived from: Earthworm Castings, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Protein Hydrolysate, Kelp (Ascophyllum Nodosum)

Microbe Brew 1-0.2-0.03
Plant Food Activator
Derived from: Earthworm Castings, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Protein Hydrolysate, Kelp (Ascophyllum Nodosum)

The difference is contained in the Mycorrhizae and Bacterial Specifications. These will take me forever to write.
An example of one is: Rhyzopogon amylopogon. I don't see myself writing them out, sorry.

I will be getting clones early this week, so I will have the opportunity to try out these new products. I would like to see if the perform as well as the H & G Roots Excel. I also recently received the General Organics Bio Root, so I will also be testing it separately. We'll see what works well and what doesn't.

I'll be in just coir coco and sunshine #4

Any questions, feel free to ask. :thank you:

DESCRIPTION FROM THE WEBSITE:
Bush Doctor Micro Brew
Specially formulated to help plants achieve optimum microbial habitats at the root zone. Feed your plants and your microbes at the same time.

Bush Doctor Kangaroots
A liquid root growth inoculant designed to encourage root mass development.
Bush Doctor Kangaroots is a liquid root drench formulation for use on in-ground plantings, container gardens and hydroponic systems. Use Bush Doctor Kangaroots on seedlings and mature plants throughout the growing season to enhance the proliferation of root mass development. Beneficial for fruits, flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs.

Bush Doctor SledgeHammer
A nutrient rinse formula designed to remove excess fertilizer build up.
Sledgehammer encourages water movement through soil and soiless mediums. High fertilizer use can compromise plant growth over time due to concentrated mineral salt deposits. For use in established gardens, container plantings and in hydroponic systems.

They have a new PDF feeding schedule that can be found at
http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-Soil-Schedule.pdf

I don't typically use other Fox Farm Nutrients, but these additives are worth a try.

C

Carl Carlson

$36.95 for a quart of KangaRoots, jesus christ I'm in the wrong business.

1 ounce of Kelp extract + Fulvic acid from Supergrow.biz = $3.50
2 lb. box of epsom salts @ CVS = $4.00
5 lb. bag of zinc sulfate = $7.00 (??)
15 lb. bag of earthworm castings @ Home De Pot = $20.00 (??)

etc...

I got the three new products as well.

After speaking with folks at FF for awhile, I am pretty disappointed in the products.

They didn't make a carb!!!! WTF?!?!

The root drench and microbe tea, IMO, are EXACTLY the same.

And a flush?! What a useless product. I have well water for flushing. LOL

NOT IMPRESSED FOX FARM.