What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

grnmtfinn summer10

GrnMtFinn

What's the good word? Yesterday my pops confronted me about perlite and castings in the trunk of my car, so explained that i'm tired of buying $60 eighths and that I'm not going to not smoke. So, the grow is happening right in the yard in full all-day sun, right in the ground. Dropped seeds in distilled water this afternoon, planting in the morning in Jiffy Organic seed starting mix.

My beans:

x11 heirloom vermont-acclimated indica
x3 afgooey
x1 orange crush
x17 bagseed, most from killer buds

i'll keep you posted, some good eye candy is bound to be on the way. Phuck yeah! glad to finally get this shit moving.

G

Guest129216

Good luck man. Hope you'll post some nice pic's that will serve my"old home" well.
Say hello to ben & jerry if you see them........

GrnMtFinn

Bom, i have the perfect tree, so a small tree grow is in the cards. i really don't need the tree with the security of my backyard, but a 3 gallon bucket or something, nothing crazy. Just for the hell of it, but with dedication.

GrnMtFinn

I started seeds in Jiffy starting trays: http://www.seedandgarden.com/shop/p...fy_seed_starter_greenhouse_72__02860_zoom.jpg

Something like those, about 2 inches deep. Do you guys think I have reason to be concerned that those containers are be too small? When would you transplant to a larger container. Maybe it all depends on the strain, I assume the initial taproot of the Orange Crush (being a sativa) will be longer than the taproot of one of the afgooeys or indicas.

GrnMtFinn

great day, woke up nice and early. went to the store, bought one bag of happy frog soil mix and one bag of fox farm ocean forest. when i got home i mixed half a bag of each in a 20 gallon drum with some sand to add volume and half a bag of the perlite and half a bag of earthworm castings. There might be too much nitrogen in the mix, but that might be a good thing afterall. It is really light and fluffy. i will add coir to the mix of the big pots after the second transplant of the next round. nature is bound to knock out a few of these.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/155420/IMG_1054.JPG
all my soil mixed up and distributed into pots.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/155422/IMG_1047.JPG

seedling tray. decent germination rate: the orange crush made it and looks great, all three afgooeys are doing fine, one is super green and looks a little stunted, but maybe a nice soil will do it good. all 9 out of 9 bagseed made it on one of the trays. So 21 seedlings made it and i just soaked 6 more bagseed in water overnight and now they are in papertowel. i will plant those directly into big pots. I will just reuse the soil from the pots of the seedlings that don't make it. and in the end, i'll have monster pots for all the healthiest monster plants. And of course, one or two will have to go in my tree.

My soil mix:
http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/155423/IMG_1055.JPG

transplanting early in the morning. what's the best way to transplant? the taproots coming out of the holes in the seed trays are huge, two are 5 inches long. so hopefully i will try not to damage those too bad. today at the garden store the owner told me it's less shocking to the plants to do it in the morning, so i'll try for around 6 a.m. when the plants should still be inactive. alright, im stoked that it's all coming together. looking forward to a good run.

GrnMtFinn

For those of you out there paying attention, the transplant went really well, they don't seem shocked at all. One of the bagseed sprouts is blowing my mind. It's already producing a third leaf set and it's only two inches tall! All 21 of them are stretched a bit, but the internodal space between the leaf sets is small. Looks like I will have a bunch of healthy girls when the time comes. I need to get all of these out of my yard and into the woods at some point, or at least out of plain sight.

I'll upload pictures tomorrow morning. They got full sun all day for the past four days or so, and I just watered them all down nicely tonight, so they should be looking nice in the morning! Peace, take it easy. I'll be hitting the grapefruit haze.

GrnMtFinn

i don't really know what is going on with the plants. everyone else has good looking, bushy outdoor plants, but mine are growing real sluggishly. i don't really think it is a pH problem, i'm using fox farm, which i know should be around 6.8.... does anyone know the pH of happy frog? or worm castings? this should not be the result of transplant shock either. and they have been getting all day sun for the past week and a half. clear skies. there have been a few small rainstorms thrown in the mix, though. so the soil has not been through a dry period yet. but the plants perk right up in the day. they look happy, but aren't growing very fast. i suppose it could be container size, but i'm waiting for preflowers to transplant again. soil mix is a limiting factor here.

also, http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/pupload cannot be used to publicly upload pics anymore. is there another site to use that is anonymous that i do not need an account for? i want to show the patch. peace

G

Guest129216

Make sure the soil is wet a little way down if it has just been small rainshowers. I think they just have to get accusomed to their new place. Hope you have not overfertillized but I don't know. I think they will look good soon.
You can upload pics directly to icmag.

Later man

G

Guest129216

You have to go to your profile and then create an album. From that album you can upload pics I think.

GrnMtFinn

afgooeys:

picture.php

picture.php

orange crush:
picture.php

GrnMtFinn

i know i've been slacking on the pictures. i just got back from a weekend away. all the plants are still alive and well. nice and perky when the sun is out. the four bagseed seedlings are coming along. I LSTed three plants today. and I might FIM a bunch tomorrow. They seem to like the soil mix, the stems are getting strong. Do you think I should start fertilizing?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace. may the circumstances be with you.

GrnMtFinn

LSTs are growing very sturdily. it's still raining here, it's been raining for a couple days and it will be raining for another week probably. went to the local org./hydro supply store today and bought another big bag of perlite and a bag of vermiculite and Fox Farm "Grow Big" liquid fertilizer. I will take photos late tomorrow afternoon, before starting to feed with the grow big fert. I'll post again in three days or so, and hopefully they respond well. last year i didn't fertilize, so this is probably going to blow me away.

peace jack herer, that pot is awesome.

Latest posts

Latest posts