What's new

White Rhino & BigBang 400w cfl

M

Mike_Hunt

very nice looking how much did you harvest with that set up? I love cfls :)

no man, fuck cfl xD outa 2 plants i got 40g og dried bud... one of my friends got 100g out of a single plant growing with hps so...

next time i'll use an hps

BuyBuyBaby

Sorry man but that's bullshit. A CFL bulb could be better than HPS, everything depends from the distance between the plants and the bulb and the lumens output.
As you know, when we double the distance, the amount of lumens drops down by four times.

And because of that, if you put your CFL bulb on a few centimetres from the tops, then u will have more lumens output than a 400w HPS or MH from a 30cm distance.

The only reason to use CFL is the lower temperatures and the small distance from the plants, if you don't do this, do not expect a goold result from the yield.

And not the last, CFL's are made for Scrog, Sea of Green- and the purpose of that is to get the same amount of light for all of the leafs, not only the for the tops.

M

Mike_Hunt

dude, i had the lamps always at max. 3-4 cm from the tops of the plants. still my 400w cfl gets to about 12k lumens while a 400 hps has about 60k. so it has 5 times as many lumens as the cfl.
cfl is alright to use for veg. it also is great because of the low power usage. but for flower, a hps, as for the current state of lighting technology, is definitely the best thing to use. (led is good too, but still in the experimenting stage and extremely expensive)

BuyBuyBaby

CFL use the same power as the HPS and MH if they're equal- 250w vs 250w, 400w vs 400w, but the difference is that the HID light generates more heat from the same power, that's it.

I don't know what kind of CFL do you use, but mine 250w 8U is about 19000 lumens, that's strange.

Otherwise, i will suggest you to use MH if you can for the first two-three weeks of flowering because it has more spectrum output and the plants grow bigger with more yield. I've compared the HPS vs MH at home and the result was - 30cm higher plants on the MH than on the HPS, also they flower about a week earlier on the MH.

Just give you a tip, nothing personal.. Cheers man, wish you luck with the new projects :)

M

Mike_Hunt

as far as i know mh don't have the right light-spectrum for flower. the blue light they give out are needed by the plant to grow in veg. but in flower the plants need a rather red light-spectrum which is given by the hps.

but yeah, for veg. mh is the best choice

BuyBuyBaby

The difference between MH and HPS is that HPS is only red and MH has more blue but also and red spectrum... We can't say the plants need red in flowering and blue in veg, they need Blue and Red spectrums all the time.

Of course the best spectrum has the sun, but we can't achieve it indoor.

M

Mike_Hunt

i think i'll buy a hps agro

some hash we made out of the rest

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

Latest posts

Latest posts