What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bug Damage.. should i worry?

MrMcBean

Hi,

I have a few plants scattered around the suburbs of a large city. They are hidden well and get about 5-8 hours direct light.

This is my first ever outdoor experience but Im enjoying myself so far.

These pictures were taken yesterday and the damage is on about 15-25% of the leaves. Even some of the newest leaves not even really out yet show this damage. What is it and should i do anything about it?

The speed at which my plants are growing it shouldnt kill them at the rate right now but im worried as summers starts to pass that I will see more of this and will loose some yield to it.

picture.php

Guerilla Gold 2 x Chronic

picture.php

BUGZ

picture.php

MORE BUGZ

I hope this is ok in the Outdoor Forum and not infirmary.. I assume this must be something common as its on at least 2 of my plants which are spaced pretty far in between.

Thanks alot,

peace

nomaad

Veteran
something is munching them. foliar spray with garlic oil and coriander seed oil solution with a bit of ivory soap or other wetting agent.

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
Leaves are for bugs, flowers are for grower.
That is a rule! In my grows...heheh
Don't worry about it!
:wave:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Spray Neem oil 1x a month, it builds up in the plants and makes them taste bad to bugs....The danger is not 5% holes in your leaf, it is 5% holes through your buds that + rain or dew rapidly leads to 100% rotten buds that you need to chuck quickly before they spread to the rest.

MrMcBean

Thanks for the tips. I believe Neem oil will be the easiest of the mentioned solutions for me to get my hands on and the build-up in the plant mentioned sounds very useful for the comming flowering stage.

The particular plant i showed is already starting to flower so i will have to hurry. I will probably get 2-3 treatments in before the flowers take over.

zielonylasss: You seem to assume these bugs will leave my buds alone which is possible but i dont want to bet on that.. Id rather bet on a fat harvest :woohoo:

peace