What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I wanna Micro grow too!!!!

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Except i dont have a plan of action :chin:

Now I am starting to collect universal supplies that can be beneficial to a future grow.The supplies i have collected so far is a ton of bulbs. I figured buying bulbs would help me get motivated more.Just some wally world specials

After getting these i need some sockets to stick them in so i went to lowes tonight and grabbed 12 sockets and 3 single to double socket converters i thought those could come in handy. While i was at lowes i couldn't pass up looking at their selection of cfl compared to wally worlds, because literally they were right by the entrance. I ended up leaving with two 40w 2700k and 2 65w 2700k, which the box says is equivalent to 300w incandescent :yoinks:So hopefully with the variety of bulbs i have, hopefully i can figure out something to stick them in.

igrowone

Veteran
before you pop open the cfl boxes from lowes, were they bight effects?<br>
that is one brand of cfl that doesn't have too good a reputation for reliability<br>
home depot's brand, nvision, has better rep, i've used 3 for about 1000 hours so far and still good

Fuzz420

Veteran
Only the 65w is the bright effects brand. The 40w are sylvania. I didnt see any other brand up there with higher than 40 besides the 65w bright effects. Ill give them a whirl unless they have a reputation of blowing up ;)

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 40 watters run really hot IMO. They always change color on the ballast first at least.

Fuzz420

Veteran
Well i ended up going in to my basement and found an old ibm aptiva case. Took me the better part of 45 minutes to figure out how to get the case open; gotta love those old pc's. So as of now its stripped down bare and ill make a setup out of this until i find something slightly bigger.

microgram

:D. Love PC grows. It's hard to find decent sized PC cases now. Especially since a new wave of 'sleek design' throw outs are appearing in your local trash can. Squat towers are easy to come by, but ones that are a decent size for flowering is hard.

Fuzz420

Veteran
I went through more of my pc stuff. I found 2 additional 80mm fans on top of the one that was already installed in the case. I then took looked around and found a suitable dc adapter wired all three up and voila.So far installed and working without a hitch.

Next objective in the coming days is to figure out lighting.I have a huge variety of bulbs to choose from so that should be interesting.

Fuzz420

Veteran
Did Some mocking up of the lights

Still a work in proggress but the tape is ONLY for the mock up

edit:

The mock was of 2x 40w 2700k(2600 lumens each.) and 2x 26w 6500k's(1600 lumens each). Total of 132w and 8400 lumens

emshowg

I also found planning to be important before starting a grow. I usually measure everything I need, create a budget, and then get going only after planning is complete.

Fuzz420

Veteran
More progress was made tonight. Went to the ol wally world again and grabbed a few items. Two power strips, there was a pretty good deal on a package deal for two basic strips for 5$ something so i grabbed those. Picked up a basic extension cord to hack up;a role of the "chrome" duct tape,and a acurite temp/humidity thingy.

Here's the pc all taped up:

Ill probably wire the lights tonight but ill do official testing tomorrow. Im still trying to figure out a way to mount the lights :chin:

Fuzz420

Veteran
Did some full light testing. Besides patching this thing up for light leaks this thing is ready to roll

The temp. on the top is my room temperature. The bottom is the sensor placed and mounted in the pc.:headbange. 4 bulbs 132w and 8400 lumens.3 80mm fans 2 exhaust and 1 passive intake

Fuzz420

Veteran
Hey guys i need some quick help. I threw some beans in water and now they are sprouting.:woohoo:

Problem is i dont have any dirt what so ever. I jumped the gun by a day or so.I had plans to go to hydro store and grab some foxfarm but silly me forgot it was a holiday weekend. DOH.!:noway:

I wont be able to wait until monday as i need it now. Does a place like wally world have something i can go grab that wont totally destroy my seedling and i will be able to get them going until i can get the real dirt?

Tleom

Poke a hole in a sponge and keep it moist. Them put them under some light. That should hold you till monday.

MrDIY

How attached are you to the computer case? if you just plan on using it as a grow cab and not for a computer again I would suggest getting a drill and drilling out all the rivets to remove any extra crap inside the cab (mobo mount, drive bays, etc etc). It will give you more room for all of your lights and will make airflow better throughout the cab.
Just a idea
-MrDIY

Fuzz420

Veteran
mrdiy-Im only attached to the case for micro growing purposes. This is an old case and there are no rivets, every thing is tack welded. The only thing left inside my case is the one half of the case where the drives could be inserted. The only way i can get rid of that little section is by cutting it out somehow.

Fuzz420

Veteran
Hello all

Its been a while as ive came bearing gifts in the form of some pics

Some Og Kush Bag Seed in Water

5 Mexi Midgrade bagseeds

A Week later we have LIFE!!!!!

Og Kush on the right and The lone survivor from the mexican batch

I've also aquired another pc. In the coming days i should have pics up of the second pc completed and ready grow.:abduct:

Latest posts

Latest posts