What's new

12/12 to 18/6 to finish... Question...

F

fully baked

Hey there helpful IC community. I had a question that I hoped someone around here could answer for me ...

Currently, I have two micro grow boxes going and had hoped to set up a perpetual harvest to keep me well supplied.

Unfortunately, the flower box is filled and I need to get another lady in there, and it simply cannot be done without removing one of the plants already in bloom.

They have been flowering for 33 days with the lights flipped to 12/12 for around 45-50 days.

Now my question is... Can I take the runt of the litter, throw her in the veg box and still have her finish out?? Or is she gonna be all sorts of stressed, pop some nanners, and try to reveg?

I've heard of people getting early harvests outdoors, but I have to imagine the lighting there is still at 14-16 hours of daylight tops in the spring...

Any advice is more than welcome.

These are the ladies that may be getting moved. Two plants shoved in 1 ~2 gallon pot.

Thanks in advance,
FB

You can see my journal here too... http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99394&page=8

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
While nearly all plants will flower at 12/12, most will flower with less than 12 hours of dark. 12/12 is just a "one size fits all" solution.

Why does the new plant have to go in now? Cut it back and let it recover while those in flower finish up.

G

guest101

Most chances are she will stunt flowering and start to reveg.

Many plants can flower with more than 12 hours of light.
The thing is, you're increasing the day, not shortening it.

You could use your veg box if you move her away everyday after the 12 hours of light...
That sounds like a lot of work...

F

fully baked

I thought about moving her everyday, but I thought the same thing. Gonna be way too much work.

I wanted to get her in there so I don't run out of bud in between harvests :yoinks:. I might just cut her back and wait a bit... We'll see...

Thanks for your input guys

F

fully baked

Cause she's puny! The other girl would be much more productive and I would have a smaller window between harvests.

I wouldn't be cutting it down either, I want it to finish. That's why I wanted to know if I could try to finish off her last 25 days in the veg box...

When I said I wanted to cut her back, I meant the lady in veg, not the one in flower :joint:

so u got 25 days left on that runt.. and u want to put it back in veg to 18/6?? it'll definently stunt flower production and revert to reveg. if its not worth the time id just switch it out for the one you want in there.

looks like u know what to do.."The other girl would be much more productive and I would have a smaller window between harvests. "

good luck!