What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

UK Outdoor Growing 2010

rocket high

Veteran
nice looking plants.

Auto's are not the way forward IMHO. They muddy up genetics and really offer nothing besides quicker flowering plants. They offer no THC potency (if anything they take away), no taste, minimal smell...get a real sativa or indica that's resistant to mold. Durban Poison is 100% sativa it finishes in 8/9weeks and is very resistant to mold, pm and pests. there are many strains out there that have great mold resistance. With that being said I'll add this. I see where one can run auto's with an advantage of keeping plants smaller, multiple harvests, harvesting before ripping season so I guess my only issue with auto's are the people...preserve the sativa's and indica's, the old school and the land races...because honestly at the rate hybrids and auto hybrids are coming out everything will be auto'd or hybridizied and thats a huge step backwards.

Sorry for the rambling!

ps: did that mini "clone" root? I did something similiar and it took nearly 4 weeks in the soil under a humidity dome at my guerrilla patch to root the bugger just to have a coon rip it up lol

i agree Gemini genetics are getting minced with ditch weed but i think its the greedy seed company's that're at fault ,they are always looking for a new angle to make $$$, first it was fem seeds and now auto's... what's next i dont know

i meant to say sativa autos are the way forward for the scottish/british climate ... not over all.
we have 3/4 months good weather for growing outdoors so that limits what you can grow
Im impressed with the autos so far the fastbud knocked your socks off and tasted good ...so they arent that bad .

harold

ive never tried the FON myself as she hasnt been around long or tried by that many people, maybe the FON growers will chime in and give there opinion, as i feel she might have something special to offer? I would like to try a good durban, i plan to have a nice crop of boreal freeze mix next year, as ive heard good things about that strain.

Auto's are not the way forward IMHO. They muddy up genetics and really offer nothing besides quicker flowering plants

i really like the sound of SSSC old early outdoor varietys, they had it all and weren't autoflower's just responsive and quick to finish up.... the secrets are in the landrace strains, theres a few imo that would make excellent outdoor strains for us northern folk but i have shit contacts lol.

MJBadger

Veteran
dinner

dinner

and cut up the rest to scatter around on the ground

liquid , what deer are they ? only i`m thinking of their nose height when they are smelling the plant . Thats why i went with the idea of fixing the packs a couple of feet give or take from the ground to form a scent layer above the ground , worked so far .

will she stay in clone??? i hope she does

possibly but there is always that option of the best clones from F1 & F2 being pollinated by a good auto male from the F6? imagine if you had 5ft + plants that finished from seed to cut in 16-20wks .

Dinner tonight , pan fried in a bit of butter & a cracking of black pepper . Got ot just in time , mice had had a knibble but it was still as juicy a warm woman .

picture.php

Stay green .

liquidlight

what deer are they?

No idea (haw haw!) I havn't seen any but the area i'm growing in is kinda perfect for them and i've seen their trails and a few droppings but sadly i didn't realise their presence until after planting out and until the first plant got eaten.. Probably Roe or muntjac. I guess i could have looked up about their height but didn't think to. My bags are positioned around the middle of the plants and i'd guess about 3' high.

harold

i plan to do alot of research into fermented plant extracts, definately worth investigating the plants deer loathe and wont touch... ive been told ivy is good against mites and most critters as it contains a toxic chemical they cant stand. Maybe good old nettle fermented and then sprayed onto your babies will ward deer off?...

minime

fon

fon

hears zeds fon 4weeks in flower--the one that started to flower 4 weeks after the autos---

and the biggest fon f7 there are a few indicas in the indica plot and some fon in the fon plot seeds fell off plants and germed
stay safe

MJBadger

Veteran
genetics and really offer nothing besides quicker flowering plants. They offer no THC potency (if anything they take away), no taste, minimal smell..

Have you ever grown them ? I have 2 auto types on the go at the moment & both of them have quite a strong smell & believe me if i can smell it it must be good . For the last 2wks after a hospital visit i am gradually getting some of my sense of smell back & the auto haze smells very strongly , sweet & kinda spicy (i can`t smell perfect) & the indica auto has that unmistakable Heavy Indica smell that takes me back to some Afghani 30yrs back .
As for THC potency their probably as strong if not stronger that a lot of landrace out there , THC has shot through the roof the last 2 or 3 decades , i`m sure if they were tested it`d be good on the % . And yes they have a taste . The same with an awful lot of hybrids .
Either will put you on the couch in their own way .
Landrace are ok if you have the climate , if not you find a plant that will harvest all the better .

Stay green .

GEMiNi GENETiCS

i plan to do alot of research into fermented plant extracts, definately worth investigating the plants deer loathe and wont touch... ive been told ivy is good against mites and most critters as it contains a toxic chemical they cant stand. Maybe good old nettle fermented and then sprayed onto your babies will ward deer off?...

Deer will eat poison ivy if there is nothing else so careful when using that...hell Ive seen em eating the bark portion of a thorn bush because it was such a bad winter. I use bars of soap chopped up, urine and an organic sulfur and garlic mix...try a hot pepper spray...anything that can bother their sense of smell they won't mess with.

Have you ever grown them ? I have 2 auto types on the go at the moment & both of them have quite a strong smell & believe me if i can smell it it must be good . For the last 2wks after a hospital visit i am gradually getting some of my sense of smell back & the auto haze smells very strongly , sweet & kinda spicy (i can`t smell perfect) & the indica auto has that unmistakable Heavy Indica smell that takes me back to some Afghani 30yrs back .
As for THC potency their probably as strong if not stronger that a lot of landrace out there , THC has shot through the roof the last 2 or 3 decades , i`m sure if they were tested it`d be good on the % . And yes they have a taste . The same with an awful lot of hybrids .
Either will put you on the couch in their own way .
Landrace are ok if you have the climate , if not you find a plant that will harvest all the better .

Stay green .
May I point out the big issue in your response? Im talking about pure ruderalis plants containing <1% THC and minimal smell. I wasn't refering to hybrids because of course a haze hybrid will smell spicy and earthy and yes a ruderalis crossed with an affie could have that thick hashish smell to it. Auto's have their place in the world and what I was trying to say is that we shouldn't be crossing these auto's so liberally and that we should secure a place for the IBLs and pure land races to make sure these key building blocks in the cannabis culture are preserved.

minime

totaly agree gemini---the jamaican land races are messed up from crossing with hybreads but the main contries like south america africa are still there as is asia ----but the quality of autos now getting better year by year---the small breeders ike zed do it for other reasons than money or seed sales some of the growers hear use autos to speed up the time of long flowering plants that hear in the uk cant do because our crap climate not suited for uk outdoor growing---then u have growers like chappers who have spent years bettering the crap rudrelis and auto plants trying to make a plant anyone can grow in a short space of time that couldent be done otherwise in uk----most of them have spent years growing landrace plants as welll----but autos in the uk are a great leap forward---and most of the landrace weed i got was back in the seventies and 80s and early 90s then it all went skunk----the hybreads wear as potent an some better than the origanl landrace i was lucky enough to be involved with the right people the ones your dad tells u to stay away---i had and still have friends black white brown dont matter the place i grew up white people are a minority in england so we had black hash from aisa brown from morroco weed from jamaica south america africa all over some good medicen---then all the indoor gear qulity seni iv been drinking so there all as inportint in the right place respect--stay safe

MJBadger

Veteran
a few pics

a few pics

progress & growth , i love it :laughing:

a few pics .

AAH F1 sativa 5ft+

picture.php

AK 4 1/2FT

picture.php

AK
picture.php

AK`s foreground
picture.php

AKWW x Durban

picture.php

AKWW x Durban

picture.php

The Biddys are a fair size , i`ll post a few pics later on :)

Stay green .

harold

Nice pics mjbadger!....

just back from a quick visit with my smelly green lady friends....

Before (july 2nd) and after (today) pic.

i honestly thought id only get several ounces, maybe ill get a few pounds worth now lol :ying:

harold

moreski

before (aug 1st) & after (today) :dance013:

most are taller than me now, some are stretching for 8ft, mother natures been watering them for me all the time pretty much.... the wonders of rock dust and good seaweed meal :)

harold

over 50% of these are akww and are just starting to flower now...

intially the plants didnt like this heavy rich clay soil, but once they got there roots into it they have looked very pretty and ive hardly fed them, just a light scattering of chicken pellets.

harold

main plot No1 superhedge, all hedges should be made of ganja! :yappy:

Haze (or sage?) x LR....... big leaf, starting to flower now.

Lebcheese the earliest of the lot, smelling like the virgin mary.

harold

is this manganese deficiency?....
it looks like all my girls have genital herpes/warts, it popped up after i gave them too much of my nettle fermented tea, ive given them a good feed but it seems to have gotten worse.... i dont think its leaf spot.
The akww are the worse effected as i pampered them more because they were clones with no tap root. Magnesium has shown its ugly washed out face again, same as last year, gave them a good epsom shower.
I probably wont use this plot again as it doesnt get good sun (or early morning sun) and i have a much better plot now.... ill use this plot for veggies next year?

MJBadger

Veteran

Biddys 2mt +

Biddy sis 6ft

Biddy sis

Biddys

is this manganese deficiency?.... NO . Mag defic is a small band of yellowing around the leaf edge . What you have on those leafs is a burn , most likely nute burn . What strength did you use for nettle ?
Some nice plants size wise :)

Stay green .

harold

What strength did you use for nettle ?

too much, 5part water 1part nettle........ thought id try it to see what would happen? bit daft i know, i think ive answered my own question lol.... then i sprayed on top of that.

besides that, most are looking good, some are 8ft now :)