What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

magnet experiment

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
disaster....thrips! @fuckme.
denuded all fan leaves and stripped the bottom 1/2 of laterals.

obvious inflorescence at about 2 weeks.

will take more measurements and some pics...

thnx fer keeping it real.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
ooohhhhhh, that's so much better...

the girls and i agreed this experiment has gone awry. the thrips and defoliation negate anything but a subjective observation even were i to get metrics on weight.
they all seem pretty heathy...oh hells bells, here are pics.

these are 4 of 5 control plants

the one other control.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
while the magnet experiment proves nothing, the coil is another story.
two different hybrids from two different breeders exhibiting freakishly similar characteristics never before witnessed.
both demonstrating long narrow leaf traits that previously displayed wide leaf traits.

...and something else. both plants are presenting even numbered fingers on fan leaf.

chemdog sour diesel left, white widow right

sour

white

i've upotted them and taken cuts and am getting close to flipping.

completely perplexed but not surprised.

back to reading obscure literature.:woohoo:

Trich! thank you for carrying the research on!!! I left those theoretical conversations on the backburner but it seems you had the gumption to rock it out :)

sucks on the thrips, but WOW on the coil - very interesting traits you got out of those leaves bro - now to see what it can do for buds :)

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Trich! thank you for carrying the research on!!! I left those theoretical conversations on the backburner but it seems you had the gumption to rock it out :)

sucks on the thrips, but WOW on the coil - very interesting traits you got out of those leaves bro - now to see what it can do for buds :)
yuuuup. like said...freakish. these two with coils are approaching a meter tall. i didn't top these as i wanted to observe the structure. they both seem taller and skinnier than i remember.
the diesel stretches significantly imo, space is getting tight so i need to flip soon.
going on the full moon, we'll see how long flowering takes to my preferences.

thanks for the concern over the thrips...man i despise them...gallon of spinosad concentrate proves that.

thanks for catching my wave.:tiphat:

mrrangz

is your coil stuck to the ground of your pot? or actual soil outdoors ground?

if its in the pot you are not getting real ground. and you need to find a real ground source maybe run a copper wire from outside stuck into the ground.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
is your coil stuck to the ground of your pot? or actual soil outdoors ground?

if its in the pot you are not getting real ground. and you need to find a real ground source maybe run a copper wire from outside stuck into the ground.
can you elaborate?
these are in containers. the containers act as a galvanic cell since there are two dissimilar metals reacting.
i'm pretty sure the plant need not be grounded any better.
(that was a joke son)...
there is no other electric for a ground...

so?

mrrangz

ok i thought you were triying to tap into ground from (earths source) to power the plant.

but now i see its a galvanic cell. you say the growth on the galvanic cell aint no better than control.

how about u try to dissconnect the power for a few hours then reconnect the wire with the nail.

let me know if im explaining it right i have the tendency not to do so.. eh

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
ok. you grasp the concept, but you are misremembering previous posts. the magnet experiment had the controls...these two plants were an afterthought.

i had planned on powering a coil with a phone charger...

but have yet to. this's gonna last a minnit, may even buy a new bulb for this.

BullDogUK

Really interesting results with the coils Trich! What kind of reading are you doing? I'm looking to expand my cannabis book collection :D

BullDogUK

Cheers Trich, read through a couple so far and it seems like pretty interesting stuff!

Really liked the hyperphysics portal as my physics is a bit rusty :D

There's a pretty solid basis for reactive oxygen species being involved in signalling pathways and a quick web browse suggests that this can result in photon release so I'd love to hear/see any work you do on that in the future mate.

Equally biological tissues all have a magnetic field, we can often differentiate between tissue types by their magnetic field (physics is rusty so can't really give much detail xD) but basically this is (part) of the basis of [N]MRI (they like to skip the nuclear part hehe) so again, pretty nice backing for your ideas :tiphat:

http://www.keelynet.com/unclass/magcurnt.txt

Slightly disagreed with this article though. Saying that, it's (or seems to be) from 1945? So I suppose it's a fairly sound guess for the time.

http://ge.geglobalresearch.com/blog/stump-the-scientist-how-do-magnets-work/

I really liked this explanation of QED

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
did i slight your education?
well slap me silly, you're obviously further along than i.
can electron transport be altered to advantage in any manner by application of minute magnetic field? how it was applied was not considered relative.
the magnets attached to the carton sides have varying degrees of observed influence ie: height, bud developement, bushiness...but none display variation from usual phenotypical expression like the simple coils.
i cannot even ascertain an electric field to supply the magnetic flux...nothing from a compass, the manifestation of even numbered fan leaves on both plants leads me to believe there is more going on than measurable by my crude observations.

all things are electric and magnetic at the same time and speculation is that that influences growth either by allowing expansion of electron transport vessicles? or alignment of poles of cations in media for easier uptake.
i have no physics education, nor biology....come to think, i have no education to support any investigation of my inquiry, just an open mind and some mad desire to understand the unseen force controlling what man has labled reality.

i feel like a spider i spend so much time in the webs.

BullDogUK

did i slight your education?
well slap me silly, you're obviously further along than i.

Urm, sorry? :dunno: I'm not trying to be offensive or anything here mate, as I've said before, serious kudos to you for actually doing some experimental work! I just want to be helping you filter out what is incorrect as this is really interesting for me too :)

can electron transport be altered to advantage in any manner by application of minute magnetic field? how it was applied was not considered relative. i cannot even ascertain an electric field to supply the magnetic flux...nothing from a compass, the manifestation of even numbered fan leaves on both plants leads me to believe there is more going on than measurable by my crude observations.

Kind of the problem here I suppose, any fields generated are going to be pretty miniscule.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?searchTerm=%22magnetic+field+indicator%22&cm_mmc=UK-PPC-0212-_-01_Test_and_Measurement-_-Magnetic_Field_Indicators_L4-_-magnetic_field_detectors

Google threw that at me though I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to spend the cash :p

all things are electric and magnetic at the same time and speculation is that that influences growth either by allowing expansion of electron transport vessicles? or alignment of poles of cations in media for easier uptake.

Yeah sounds about right; my guess would be it's either something to do with ion uptake (cation alignment), some benefit for the electron transport chain or some alteration of cell membrane properties perhaps?

i have no physics education, nor biology....come to think, i have no education to support any investigation of my inquiry, just an open mind and some mad desire to understand the unseen force controlling what man has labled reality.

And if more people were willing to be as inquisitive as you I wonder where we'd be :tiphat:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Magnetic Susceptibility and Soil Fertility

Soil fertility is generally thought of in terms of cation exchange capacity and macronutrient content. Research is revealing that electromagnetic properties may be of greater significance to soil fertility.

Click this bar to view the full image.

Highly fertile soils have positive magnetic susceptibility values and are called paramagnetic. Sterile soils have a negative value and are called diamagnetic. The fact that a soil is highly paramagnetic does not guarantee high fertility, but it does indicate high potential fertility. The key to translating high potential fertility into actual productivity is the development of a fully functional and balanced soil biology.

There are two factors that affect soil magnetic susceptibility: the presence of certain minerals (such as the rare earths, some limestones, iron, and copper) and the shape of the soil particles and nutrient complexes. This latter factor is clearly demonstrated in the case of nitrogen sources.

Urea, for example, has a flat triangular shape with a "handle" on it, nitrite nitrogen has a simple plane triangular shape, and ammonia has a tetrahedral shape (see illustration). Although the different compounds may supply the soil with the same or similar chemical species, apparently the shape of the compound itself as an antenna makes a significant difference in the nitrogen's availability to the plant.

The structuring of soil is largely done by microorganisms. Once proper structure is achieved, the soil is made more fertile and less susceptible to erosion because the magnetic forces holding the soil particles together are stronger.

Energetic Analysis

There are currently two methods to evaluate the energetics of soil. First, there is the magnetic susceptibility meter. This instrument is traditionally used by paleontologists and archaeologists in the study of ancient remains and artifacts as well as fossils. For agriculture, the instrument has provided some interesting data. Magnetic susceptibility is the ability of something - in this case soil - to function as an antenna for magnetic energy or fields. It is measured as the ratio of the magnetic field strength induced in a substance to the strength of the inducing field.

Callahan was the first to show that soil magnetic susceptibility was related to soil fertility. Fertile soils are paramagnetic - they have positive magnetic susceptibility values. Infertile soils are not necessarily diamagnetic - having negative magnetic susceptibility values - but diamagnetic soils are always infertile. The soil's ability to receive magnetic energy is very mportant to microbial and plant growth; in fact, it is essential. It is however only half of the system. The ability to receive magnetic energy is only valuable when there is something to translate this energy into useful form. It is like having a radio antenna without the radio.

That something is the biological system of the soil - the humus and microorganisms. This system is analogous to the radio, and the antenna is analogous to the mineral system. Without both the system as a whole is mute. Continuous 24-hour runs on three different soils using a model MS2 Bartington magnetic susceptibility meter are shown on page 42. The bottom soil is an Indiana soil of low fertility. The middle is an Indiana soil of good fertility and the top is a California soil of good fertility. Both the poor Indiana and the good California soils showed marked magnetic susceptibility decline during the hottest part of the day while the good Indiana soil remained fairly stable. The decline in magnetic susceptibility correlates with a reduced ability to deal with solar energy necessary for plant growth.

The poor Indiana soil actually exemplified a total inability to deal with solar energy. The factor common to these latter two soils is very low humus levels, while the good Indiana soil was relatively high in humus. Further study has shown that both the Magnetic susceptibility and the humus level vary directly with the fertilization practices employed. As both decline, the susceptibility of the soil to erosion increases. Additionally, it has been observed that anhydrous ammonia and potassium chloride (the two most widely used fertilizer in the United States, and both widely imported) decrease the magnetic susceptibility of the soil.

Energetic analysis, which includes measurements of magnetic susceptibility, has led to the discovery of the value and importance of many nontraditional fertilizer materials, including vitamins like B-12 and C; sugars like molasses, sucrose, and dextrose; trace elements like silicon and iodine; and ever color dyes.

Since magnetic susceptibility, like plant growth, is an electromagnetic phenomenon, chemical soil analysis falls short in evaluating potential fertilizer programs that raise or regenerate the electromagnetic and, consequently, the productive properties of the soil. This obstacle appears to be overcome by an electronic scanner (a highly sensitive light meter) patented as a mineral assay instrument by T. Galen Hieronymus in 1949. Although the meaning of its readings for nonliving materials is not actually understood, some modifications have made it very useful for evaluation and prescription of bioregenerative fertilizer programs. The instrument evaluates mitogenic radiation in the 200-1,000 nanometer range (the range from near-ultraviolet to and including infrared). Its uniqueness lies in its ability to evaluate the biophoton interaction between soils or plants and selected fertilizers when the former and the latter are brought in close proximity to each other without actually mixing them physically, bearing out Kaznocheev's findings in 1979. The procedure is as follows:

The existing energy level is measured. Then, based on chemical analysis reports, history, and experience, fertilizer materials are selected and put with the sample. Energy readings are again taken. If they increase, the material is beneficial and another material is checked. Eventually, a combination of several fertilizer constituents is obtained and checked collectively to determine its effect on the sample. The prescription is then formulated.

This system allows the consultant or farmer to perform his trial-and-error routine with an instrument and a soil sample, rather than by using expensive fertilizers on crops in the field. In this way, he goes to the field with a predetermined success. Every season is different from the last. Every lot of seed is different. Repeating the same fertilizer program year after year is feasible only with an unlimited soil reserve.

Impressive results have been obtained in increasing the quality of crops and reducing or eliminating pests and disease, where farmers have used the fruits of energetic analysis. The old adage, "healthy soils make healthy weeds," has been proven a myth. By electronic scanner evaluation, fertility programs have been formulated that increase the calcium availability sufficiently to eliminate sour grass weed problems, balance the phosphate-to-potash ratio sufficiently to eliminate broad leaf weed problems, and raise plant refractometer levels sufficiently to eliminate insect pest problems.

It is also possible to improve the quality of crops by scientifically balancing nutrition. An Illinois farm management firm has demonstrated in numerous tests over many farms (comprising 14,000 to 20,000 acres) that the amount of protein in grains can be increased by applying bioenergetics. Using conventional fertilizer programs the average protein content of the grain was 7.55 percent, compared to 8.9 percent with a bioenergetic program. This translates to an increase of .76 pounds of protein per bushel, which means that less feed grain is required per animal fed.

Similarly, lambs fed with corn grown with a bioenergetically determined fertilizer regimen required a 27 percent lower feed intake because of the higher mineral content of the feed. Extensive, large-scale tests show that after three years on such a fertilizing program, average drying requirements on corn decline from 7 percentage points to between 3 and 4 points, while test weights increase 1 to 1-1/2 pounds per bushel. Additionally, as the figure on page 40 shows, a biologically balanced soil is much more temperature-stable than a conventionally fertilized soil. This translates to more stable microbial populations, more stable nutrient reserves, and a less stressed crop.

Imperative to this technology is the integration of all fields of science, from biomedicine to biochemistry, physics to petroleum engineering, nutrition to microbiology. Consultants and farmers who understand the close symbiotic relationship between plants and soil microorganisms, as well as nutrient interactions and interrelationships, can be reasonably successful in their fertilization practices through experience, good observation, and recognition of insect, disease, and weed meanings. Energetic analysis allows them to go a step further than being reasonably successful—to being very successful. Using this technology, farmers are able to produce equal or better yielding harvests, at equal or less cost per unit of production, with little or no pesticides, and, most important, with higher
nutritional values.

Arden B. Andersen, a private consultant for several agribusinesses, has a B.S. degree in agricultural education and a Ph.D. in biophysics from Clayton University in St. Louis, with specialties in soil and plant nutrition, product development, and regenerative management. He has written two books, Applied Body Electronics, and The Anatomy of Life and Energy in Agriculture, and is active in several electrobiological research projects.

References

William Albrecht, The Albrecht Papers, Vols. I and II, Ed. Charles Walters, Jr. (Kansas City: Acres, USA, 1975).
Arden B. Andersen, Biophysics: An Ancient Art, A Modern Science. Doctoral dissertation (St. Louis: Clayton University, Jan. 1989).
The Anatomy of Life and Energy in Agriculture (Kansas City: Acres, USA. 1989).
Thomas E. Bearden, "Soviet Phase Conjugate Weapons," CRC Bulletin (Jan. 1988).
Excalibur Briefing (San Francisco: Strawberry Hill Press, 1980).
Robert O. Becker and Gary Selden, The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life (William Morrow, 1987).
Philip S. Callahan, Tuning Into Nature (Old Greenwich: Devin-Adair, 1975). , "Insects and the Battle of the Beams," Fusion (Sept.-Oct. 1985) p. 27.
John Grauerholz, M.D., "Optical Biophysics and Viruses," 21st Century (July-Aug. 1988) p. 44.
N.A. Krasil'nikov, Soil Microorganisms and Higher Plants (Moscow: Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1958), Transl. Y. Halperin, The Israeli Program for Scientific Translations, 1961. Transl. Y. Halperin, The Israeli Program for Scientific Translations, 1961.
Wolfgang Lillge, M.D., "New Technologies Hold Clue to Curing Cancer," 21st Century (July-Aug. 1988), p. 34.