What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Creepy sounds coming from my walls

COS

I'm thinking it could be bats, but I've already spent 2k in pest services and they couldn't find anything.

igrowone

Veteran
I believe that in principle if you were able to record the sound with a suitable microphone that an identification could be made
not saying that would be easy, but it doesn't sound like the problem is going away
my experience is animals sound like animals

COS

Yeah I'm looking at getting a good voice recorder that can record 24 hours. The apps for phones time out to soon.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Gotta be nice.im going through the same thing but I live in the country.almost impossible to kill them all.

But is possible your foundation could be sinking too.need more details where you live to be sure.good luck

don't poison/trap them. catch a black snake & turn it loose indoors. mice will magically disappear...

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh man.im not really scared of snakes but I don't think I could do that.when you say black snake do you mean a water snake? I remember having those in georgia.those fuckers get big too.youll have to forgive me.ive lived in the " nicer" parts.not full blown country in GA. I'm tough but not appalachian tough lol I hate brown recluses too much.

But yeah I know what snake your talking about.they are not poisonous.i remember I seen one by my garage just coiled up.i just let him be and he eventually left but it was big.about 5 foot long and 10 inches round.scared me at first but I realized it wasn't poisonous.eh,kinda wish I had snakes in our fields here in illinois.havent seen one in years here.farmers killed them I guess

imiubu

Oh, who ya gonna call? Ghost Busters! ;)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Joking aside... however, if it is determined that the noises are 'unnatural'... ghost busters might be an idea.
I hope you do find the cause of the disturbances and resolve the issue quickly and efficiently.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Maybe you don’t have to call the Ghostbusters just yet..

Swings in temperature and humidity in concrete and wooden houses/buildings cause weird banging and cracking noises. Metal parts in them too ..even wooden furniture. We get that a lot here in the North cause we have huge seasonal swings

The concrete slabs in my apartment building are making banging/cracking noises when autumn changes to winter and then when it starts warming up again. My wooden shelf is making banging/knocking noises sometimes when the winter changes to spring and there is more humidity in the air and it can go on for weeks.
..the aluminium bits on my window frames and balcony railings are making a lot of noises during the summer when the direct sun light starts to move to the back of the building and it cools down in the evening.

And it’s not the same every year. For this concrete building it’s worse when the winter is really cold. This winter I didn’t hear so much of it. Few winters ago I thought the ceiling is gonna cave in and I even checked for cracks thru my apartment.

Freezing ground can also twist buildings because the water in the ground expands when it turns ice. Few months ago my mum had trouble closing her garage doors cause the frozen ground twisted the frame of the building so much but now that it’s getting warmer the doors are ok again.

COS

the sounds can come from any part of the house even the interior walls. Here in Colorado the humidity is pretty dry year round. But now its happening in the day time it was only happening at night.

All these years being in this house I've never experienced this amount of knocking and cracking. Hell maybe the house is about to fall into a sink hole. I should probably start making plans to move out.

GoatCheese

Veteran
the sounds can come from any part of the house even the interior walls. Here in Colorado the humidity is pretty dry year round. But now its happening in the day time it was only happening at night.

All these years being in this house I've never experienced this amount of knocking and cracking. Hell maybe the house is about to fall into a sink hole. I should probably start making plans to move out.

Yea, but i have gathered you guys in N America have experienced weird seasonal climate the last few years, as we have also here in N Europe, even in Spain it got proper cold this winter for awhile, and how houses/ buildings react to it really chages year by year depending on their local climates.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫

Are there sinkholes in your region? Or is/was it a mining region?