What's new

Nutrients and Crystals for Guerilla

Charg5152

Check out Julian's "Massive Outdoor" thread...it is one of the stickies (i think) in the outdoor forum. Its got everything you need.

T

theBluntedOne

First off, you have to decide whether you are going organic or not. If not, i cant help you. If you are going to go organic, look up a good organic soil mix and use dry or liquid organic nutrients as directed by said companies. I usually go half the reccomended dosage to see how my girls react. This year i just mixed up (per hole)

2 bags of happy frog (2 cb ft. each)
1 bag fox farm plating mix (red bag, 1 cub. ft each)
1/2 a cb. ft. of worm castings
Rainbox mix grow
mychroizee
bone meal

let this sit for a few weeks and then ready for planting. Probably will feed every 30 days as needed. Should get at leatan elbow per. hope this helps...peace

lordbudly

Veteran
Alright heres what ive come up with http://www.water-keep.com/shop/prod...id=62&osCsid=dcfc00344691cac8aad35585d6bc557d crystals, just need to find what amount to mix into, some sort of drainage like diamatreous earth?nutrients is still a toss up though, i was thinking.. either osmocote time release pellets, or organics, if i went organic id pull out the fox farms lines for my water feedings, i definetly am gonna implement worm castings if i go organic ( heard its nice and light too) , could you recommend some amendments for veg and then i guess id have to top dress for flower? wood ash is something im lookin at for top dressing for sure as i have a nice supply of wood stove ashes.:1help::1help:

T

theBluntedOne

if you have access to a garden store, check out what they recomend. Most places are happy to help you and they can guide you whether you are a vet or a noobie. Fox farm is good, i just stay away from the liquids mostly b/c of the hassle.

this is what i use/ have used many times with great success.
http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_master.php?category=&brand=51&sort=default&resperpage=&mod=

just start with a couple bags of good soil, a nice big handfull of your water crystals, a bag of manure, 1/2 a bag of worm castings, and however much of the nutrients as well (i use rainbow mix , http://www.planetnatural.com/site/rainbow-mix-grow.html , and mabye some lime if you are worried about pH. This is a very basic and easy to use soil that will only require a few feedings all summer and then however much you want to feed in the fall. i dont feed them the last month of flowering.

oh and castings are very heavy, not light, they hold moisture very well. look for veggie fed worm poop and make sure it is organic (meaning the food they consume is organic)

peace

Charg5152

oscomote 4 month time release nutrient pellets. I buy the polymer crystals through ebay in bulk (5lbs at a time).

Don't overdo it ...

Don't overdo it ...

This sounds like your first grow, so don't get all hot & bothered about stuff that, in the final analysis, doesn't really matter.

All the nutes and PH balanced hoo-doo juice on the planet won't save your crop if it's found by rippers, LEO, or a larcenous hiker. The same goes for Bambi and Thumper. Deer, rabbits, raccoons, and mice can all take a toll.

Energy spent deterring critters is well spent. Don't skimp on this point.

Have several locations that you can access without being seen going in or out. Small openings in the brush, no more than 6 x 12 feet, can still hold 5 - 10 small, productive, plants. The more the merrier, but keep them small.

Think about the best case scenario: You dig a huge hole, and fill it with great nutes, and have ample rain all Summer, and then have a huge plant by Fall that stands out like a neon sign that says "Please Rip Me Off".

Low bushes get tripped-over before they get ripped.

Loose soil really matters, however it's achieved. You don't need store-bought soil. Any big box potting soil can be mixed with the existing patch soil and grow just fine. Give it water, keep the critters away, and you'll get a crop.

A HD garbage/leaf bag used as a rain-tarp can catch water in a container.

Don't haul more than you need to haul, and keep everything small & light.

Worm castings are a waste of time & money in most outdoor grows. All it really provides is low-grade nutrient and a lot of bacteria. That's great when mixing "soil" from scratch using peat-moss, but outdoor soil is already filled with bacteria and fungus. In this case, worm castings are redundant.

Water crystals at the bottom of a hole are fine, but don't mix them in with everything else. The roots will need the crystals deep and cool, not higher up near the heat during late Summer.

T

theBluntedOne

This sounds like your first grow, so don't get all hot & bothered about stuff that, in the final analysis, doesn't really matter.

All the nutes and PH balanced hoo-doo juice on the planet won't save your crop if it's found by rippers, LEO, or a larcenous hiker. The same goes for Bambi and Thumper. Deer, rabbits, raccoons, and mice can all take a toll.

Energy spent deterring critters is well spent. Don't skimp on this point.

Have several locations that you can access without being seen going in or out. Small openings in the brush, no more than 6 x 12 feet, can still hold 5 - 10 small, productive, plants. The more the merrier, but keep them small.

Think about the best case scenario: You dig a huge hole, and fill it with great nutes, and have ample rain all Summer, and then have a huge plant by Fall that stands out like a neon sign that says "Please Rip Me Off".

Low bushes get tripped-over before they get ripped.

Loose soil really matters, however it's achieved. You don't need store-bought soil. Any big box potting soil can be mixed with the existing patch soil and grow just fine. Give it water, keep the critters away, and you'll get a crop.

A HD garbage/leaf bag used as a rain-tarp can catch water in a container.

Don't haul more than you need to haul, and keep everything small & light.

Worm castings are a waste of time & money in most outdoor grows. All it really provides is low-grade nutrient and a lot of bacteria. That's great when mixing "soil" from scratch using peat-moss, but outdoor soil is already filled with bacteria and fungus. In this case, worm castings are redundant.

Water crystals at the bottom of a hole are fine, but don't mix them in with everything else. The roots will need the crystals deep and cool, not higher up near the heat during late Summer.

i would have to say that this is like comparing Medical grade cannabis to low grade chemmy swchagg. If you rely on the rain to provide water to your plants you are going to end up with small pinner little jokes for buds (the plants might get huge in veg but they will get lower in quality the more rain there is during harvest). You have to think about the ammount of time and risk you are putting into your project. If I was to go grow a bunch of plants guerilla style I would try and get the most bud per plant and i would want that bud to be the most chronic herb around! I would never put my life and neck and future on the line to grow some mid grade trash that doesnt smoke well and gets a thousand a pound.

oh and ask any OG outdoor grower and they will tell you taht castings are one of many of natures super fertilizers.

double oh- I would definatly get "hot and bothered" when you are thinking about doing something that has as many risks as guerilla does. Invest your time and energy into your plants, the soil and the roots, the buds....and you will be rewarded. Be safe

Quantity vs Quality

Quantity vs Quality

i would have to say that this is like comparing Medical grade cannabis to low grade chemmy swchagg.

Say what? From what twisted logic did that analogy emerge?

If you rely on the rain to provide water to your plants you are going to end up with small pinner little jokes for buds

Oh? Since when has that been a problem in Thailand or Columbia? Do the campesino patches in the Mexican mountains have irrigation? To be Blunt, the enjoyment of the herb is seldom proportional to the size of the dick.

(the plants might get huge in veg but they will get lower in quality the more rain there is during harvest).

There you go again, equating size with quality. Not to worry, it's a common affliction, and it often disappears without additional medication.

The amount of Fall rain varies widely, but if too much of it at root level is a problem near the end of budding, uptake can be restricted quite easily.

If I was to go grow a bunch of plants guerilla style I would try and get the most bud per plant and i would want that bud to be the most chronic herb around!

Are you're saying that you haven't actually done it? Is that correct? Every white-boy with dreadlocks and his Uncle Nut-bar wants the most "chronic herb around". What's new?

I would never put my life and neck and future on the line to grow some mid grade trash that doesnt smoke well and gets a thousand a pound.

Strange that you have yet to mention the genetics of the grow. Are you saying that "quality" reefer only grows large, no matter what the seeds? Or do you contend that only loads of high-end nutes in huge hole with "tender loving care" can keep a grow from the clutches of "mid grade trash"? Since when is price a consideration?

oh and ask any OG outdoor grower and they will tell you taht castings are one of many of natures super fertilizers.

Don't know what "OG" means in this context ... "overgrow"?

"One of many of natures super fertilizers" ? ( Help! The Gibberish Dam just broke! ) Just how many "super ferts" are there anyway? If there are so many, how can they all be so "super"? How many of these "super" nutes have a NPK ratio of One - Zero - Zero? Check the Worm Casting label.

double oh- I would definatly get "hot and bothered" when you are thinking about doing something that has as many risks as guerilla does. Invest your time and energy into your plants, the soil and the roots, the buds....and you will be rewarded. Be safe

There's considerable difference between an "Outdoor Grow", and a "Guerilla Grow". Worrying about being seen on the way to a patch is a Lot more important than worrying about the PH of the water you're hauling, or what kind overpriced additives will go in the soil. First things first. Don't get caught.
Remember, your chances of not getting caught are a lot better if you don't get greedy.

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still wondering why the below has not been addressed......

lordbudly said:
nutrients in water-feedings, once every 1-2 weeks with polymer crystals?

confused

I made my current plots about a month ago and put plants in them on the 20th and 28th of april.

I used bone/blood meal bought from wally world, lime bought from home depot, and water polymers from the internet. Add a little bit of random guano and that is the entirety of what I amended the local soil with nutrient wise.

I didn't want to over do it on polymers so I added less over more if that makes sense.

etc. etc.

etc. etc.

Julian: The polymer mention looked like a misnomer ... the thought didn't quite make it into print. He probably meant "on top of" polymer crystals. As for the feeding schedule, it all depends on the weather. If there's been a good rain since the last liquid ferts, he should go ahead. Otherwise, plain water is best between feedings.

confused: Makes plenty of sense. It sounds good. For some odd reason, folks seem to think that plants won't grow in ordinary soil. I guess they've been reading too much overblown hoopla on the boards and in magazines. ( The 2009 High Times "Master Growers Guide" has a few howlers tucked inside. )

Best of luck, everyone.

Ciao

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm well aware of what poster may or may not have meant, and my statement made for a specific reason.

Method and products
being contemplated when focus should initially be what, where, and when, which then may very well dictate the method and products.

What's a rounded monthly rainfall average for the season?
What is native soil to begin with?
What is access?

I would disagree with many things said, but disagreement is not helping poster answer his questions and concerns or assisting in making a decision.

Latest posts

Latest posts