What's new

what are you eating? got a recepie?

heres a thread for sharing delicious, easy food ideas.

Im eating a fruit smoothie, heres my recepie:

1 banana
1 scoop of vanilla yogurt
8 frozen strawberries
10 frozen raspberries
1/2 cup of fruit juice

throw it all in a blender and consume.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds yummy...in the womens forum there are a bunch of recipes to look at and add to if you feel so inclined :)

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Right now.. Cuba Libre...Rum & Coke with lime...

Helps with insomnia and the FLU (got to hate that bastard!)

But what i would really enjoy right now...Tuna Pancakes..Make some regular sugarless pancakes with cheese...make a cold sourcream and picle sauce..roll the whole thing up with some big salad leaves...mmmm

H

Hal

World's Best Clam Dip....

World's Best Clam Dip....

:rasta:
Here is the recipe for the World's Best Clam Dip:

1 8oz. package of Philly(!) cream cheese. No substitutions allowed.

1 can ( 6.5 oz.) of minced clams, drained. I tend to use Snow's. I choose to use 2 cans to increase the clam factor.

6 tbsp of Hellman's (!) mayo. No substitutions here either.

10 drops of Tabasco hot sauce.

6 tsp of finely chopped onion.

5 tsp of dried parsley flakes. Fresh parsley can be used but I'm not sure about the amount...look in cookbook for conversion rates.

4 tsp of lemon juice. Can use fresh squeezed or the RealLemon stuff.

1/2 tsp of salt. Can up this a bit if the consumers are suffering from the dreaded "Taste Bud Death."

3/4 tsp of Worchestire Sauce.

Directions:

-If possible make the day before you plan on eating it...it reaches its full taste-potential when the flavors get a chance to blend.

-make things easy on yourself by letting the cream cheese reach room temperature for a few hours before mixing.

-mix the cream cheese and the mayo well, if cream cheese is room temp it is much easier to do this.

-mix in the other liquid ingredients next: lemon juice and worchestire sauce and Tabasco sauce.

-mix in the onion, parsley flakes and salt.

-mix in the clams.

-let sit in fridge for at least 2 hrs. before serving. I think allowing it at least 12 hours is advisable if you can.

-get a fresh bag of potato chips (I prefer the old fashioned kind without the ridges, something about the texture olf the old fashioned kind seems to work best in my opinion) and get ready to enjoy the gustatory delight of the World's Best Clam Dip.