What's new

Sowahh grow diary

kro-magnon

Veteran
Some pics at day 60
IMG_0001.JPG

kro-magnon

Veteran
As you can see they are all forming big buds, the biggest will be the #1(the2nd picture plant alone) she has 18 branches who were heavily trimmed under the canopy so she's forming many big tops with pretty big calyxes. She should make the biggest harvest.
The #2 is in the corner she's the tallest of the 3 Sowahh, her flowers are not as big as her sisters but she'll be ready later so she might get as big in the last days. She's the one with the biggest calyxes and the more resin as well.
The #3 has the smallest calyxes but very dense flowers who are very big, she's in a smaller container and has less branches than her sisters;
I wanted to try different way of growing to see which one is the most effective;
I think the #1 and #3 should be ready around day 70/75 and the #2 around day 75/80.
I had to cut the apex of the BCP because one had some botitrys so I lost around 1/2g(not a lot but the main bud is destroyed) and I cut the other to avoid any loss. The apex weighted 58g wet, it would have been a shame to cut it in pieces because of mold like the other who was only a few grams smaller;

kro-magnon

Veteran
I had a hard time to figure how to feed the Sowahh, for a while I thought they were hungry but in fact they were blasted with too much light so I accidentally overfed them. I have lowered the power of the LED to 75% and gave only water the last 2 waterings.
The smells and resin coverage got more intense those last days, the flowers are pretty dense already and they still have some time to go.
For the next run with the clones of each Sowahh I'll add some bat-guano to the soil and get a P/K to be able to feed them more accurately without adding N at each waterings; I know the Aptus line allow to dose each elements as you want as they all are in different bottles but I don't know if it's a good food source for the plants.
Those who have grown some Sowahh or Sour Diesel what type of plant food did you use?

goingrey

Something is happening with one of the clone of the Sowahh#2, it doesn't branches and has no new growth despite her leaves having grown a lot, it's the first time I see a clone doing this and I don't understand what's happening. It was a very small branche when I cut it from the plant and it had nice roots when I posted it but only the leaves have grown and took a beautiful shade of dark, shiny green but no branches and no apical meristem growth.
Is it possible it was burn by the light? The clones are under a Mars Hydro 100w LED, their smallest light who is not dimmable and those 100w can make quite a lot of ppfd. The plants are about 50/60cm from the light, I think it's far away to not damage the fragile young clones.It's just a supposition but I don't see any other reason for this clone to not perform normally.
Did some of you have already had this kind of problem? In many years of cloning it's a first for me.
100W of LED is a lot for clones, way too much, even 50-60cm away.

For clones I have used 9.5W, a lamp like this, about as far away.

1715933699236.png

kro-magnon

Veteran
As I've already used more watts with MH/HPS light at the same stage I didn't expect to fry the rooted clones with 100w of LED. By chance only 1 out of 10 clones was lost, all the other are growing steadily. I should order the dimmable version with 150w max even if I don't push it to 100% at least I'll be able to lower the wattage to avoid any light stress in the future.
But it's still possible to root and grow clones with this 100w LED from Mars Hydro, it will be easier with the dimmable one.