What's new

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What's up with ur kidney and liver function? Not enough filtering going on according to ur blood and piss tests. Well, better u get a handle on it now than suffer more consequences later. Do u have to quit drinking completely?

$15/person is about what it costs to go to a cheap buffet nowadays, u can always sneak a piece or three of chicken out in order to bring some to ur mum.

The quad cities pizza has a chewy, crispy crust so it doesnt get too floppy when cut into strips. They cut them kind of like breadsticks.
That knockout pizza place has some killer pizza combinations, i'd typically go for a meat combo one but those have lots of grease and salt and nitrates. I wonder if they have hot honey pizza? I guess that's a thing with pizza, a spicy honey they drizzle over it, supposed to be killer. Wonder if they're experimenting with their own version, couldnt hurt to ask.
I remember Cici's, our nearest location closed down, for a $5 buffet they werent bad and like Pops said they'd make u a special one if u asked. Wonder how they made $$ being so cheap, i know dough is cheap and toppings/cheese werent generous but still, no wonder so many locations went out of business.

Seems like the bears are playing the AFC south this year instead of the AFC west like last year, also they play the NFC west instead of the NFC south like last year, so that's something. Also they have Commanders and Panthers on the schedule.
I guess i dont really have much of an opinion on the schedule, we'll see who the good teams are soon enough although the usual suspects (49ers, chiefs etc) will be mainstays. Bears open week 1 vs the Titans, who have a new head coach, Brian Callahan, former bengals OC and son of Bill Callahan, ex raiders coach and long time OL coach, who joined his son's staff at TN. Not sure how good the titans will be, theyre starting will levis at QB and have tony pollard at RB now, but should have decent WR depth with deandre hopkings, treylon burks, calvin ridley and tyler boyd.

DB is right, those tendies look great, Pops. Did u really marinate them in buttermilk? I hardly ever buy buttermilk, when i have a recipe that calls for some i use regular milk and white vinegar, or maybe plain greek yogurt.

shithawk420

Veteran
i made the chicken baba. i marinated in buttermilk hot sauce and spices. used to many spices. dont know what it was but tasted a bit off but was good. my mom asked me how i made them so she must have liked them. probably gonna make sausage potato and cabbage today maybe Irish Colcannon. always a good meal.

I dont have anything to say about the bears. wont know anything till i see them play. schedule is nothing exciting from what i glanced

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What did u use for the seasonings, S&P, garlic and onion powder, red pepper, paprika? What about it tasted 'off'? It wasnt spicy enough? Did u make a dipping sauce? I think Raising Cane's is a mayochup (mayo and ketchup) with added seasonings, u can probably make a quick copycat with just mayo and hot sauce.
Was the oil too hot cause the batter got a little too brown before the meat was finished cooking?
I think Chik Fil A marinades their chicken in pickle juice and buttermilk/milk, so that's something to consider next time, if u got any leftover pickle juice.

So irish colcannon is basically mashed potatoes and cabbage? Not gonna lie, for such a simple dish it sounds fire.

Im not too excited about schedule releases either, we know we're going to play some good teams and some bad teams, mostly it depends on how the bears can compete vs their division. We know Lions will be good again, and jordan love was great down the stretch for the packers (beat the cowboys, narrowly lost to the niners) so both those teams should be good for double digit wins.
Vikings traded up one spot in the draft to #10 from #11 overall and drafted JJ McCarthy, the Michigan QB. He hardly had to pass much in college but when he did he was very effective, they won a national championship, but 'experts' think it's still iffy whether he can be an efficient high volume passer in the nfl. So we'll see how the division shakes out, 2 teams are starting rookie QBs and things will be bumpy starting off for them but both vikings and bears have good receiving talent so im thinking mid season they should start getting into a groove, like jordan love last year which was his first full year starting.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
@D. B. Doober hawk is right, dont defrost steak in the microwave
like he said, water works well but if they are frozen i would wait a day before cooking them and let them thaw out slow

@shithawk420 those chicken tenders look fire hawk man!
thats weird it tasted off, but i know how it is, sometimes you are going for a certain taste and just dont nail it
for fried chicken i just keep it simple, s/p, onion/ garlic powder or just use like the cavendash pre mixed seasoning, that stuff is pretty good
im im going to something spicier i would use that tony cachary cajun seasoning
i will soak the chicken in pickle brine the night before
i also like to use eggs and my wash when i dip the meat into the flour, and i do a double coating
$15 is bad for a decent buffet and like baba said you could always sneak out a few items for later

@Bababooey the rams play the bears i think in week 4-5 so hopefully press on anils (im still working up a name for this new qb) will still be letting the polish dry on his nails and still have wobbly rookie legs
/bears v det on thanksgiving could be fun
we open against det and i think this is one of the better week 1 match ups
i think the packers could do well with love this season
no so high on the vikings right now, but we will see how their new qb transitions to the nfl
i have never heard of hot honey pizza baba! but it sounds like it would almost work
thats one of the reasons i like the ricotta on the pizza is its a nice rich/ almost sweet flavor
im just trying new pizza combinations, i usually for for meatier pizzas too
they also have a stuff pizza that im curious about
it almost looks like a deep dish, [plus they have something they call grandmas pizza that sounds interesting
thinking of making turkey tacos for dinner tonight!

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey poprocks. Check this chicks forehead out, got hit by a foul ball
Screenshot_20240520-160345.png

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
The tenzderz were probably good. Hawk do you just marinade an hour? How's it taste? I'm cooking for myself tonight. Buttered noodles 😞
no sad doobah! hook that shit up
do you have any parm cheese? how about garlic powder (or even better fresh)
what other ingredients do you haveman, lets rock these noodles!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
no sad doobah! hook that shit up
do you have any parm cheese? how about garlic powder (or even better fresh)
what other ingredients do you haveman, lets rock these noodles!
I have a bottle of ragu from the food pantry. I also have some fresh basil that's going to be used all of it's going to be used there's so much of it and it looks so good it smells so good fresh basil buddy. It's going to be good. I've got the bucatini boiling right now. I also found some frozen bacon. Any idea how to work the frozen bacon into this?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
piss poor planning DOOBAH!
that bacon should have been defrosted and ready to go
fresh basil and bacon, on noodles! with butter
#chefs kiss
once the noodles are done cooking put them in a colander to drain
while the noodles are cooking brown that bacon up
the basil is the star in this show so we want to roll that shit up and cut it into slices, like roll the leaf and cut it into strips plus give it a little squish to release the aromas
/thats where the flavor is at
drain your bacon and clean the pan, add some oil and add your noodles
/this lets them loosen back up and gives them a brown
garlic the shit out of this and toss in your noodles and cooked bacon, finish with the fresh basil
be generous with the parm and eat up

save the ragu for later doob, you got this

shithawk420

Veteran
i marinated over night doob. little to no point doing it for an hour cause it takes a while for the enzymes to break down the protein so its tender. Ive never done it before but if you got bacon you could make a carbonara with bacon instead of pancetta. maybe i dont see why not

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah i normally try to plan ahead and defrost meat in the fridge for a couple three days. How'd those steaks turn out, DB?
So you've actually used pickle juice as a brine before, Pops? How'd it turn out? I know u like chik fil a, does it give it that chik fil a taste?
Egg wash and then the dry coat, and doing it twice is a good method, but it does give u those frankenfingers, hard to avoid caking up batter on ur fingers.

Where do u find these freaky social media videos, DB? That's some nsfw stuff. Guy just became a spinning red stain.

That's a decent sounding recipe, Pops. Does the basil at the end, adding it to a hot dish, does it get cooked a bit?
Im not sure DB has eggs, dont u need eggs for carbonara?