What's new

honey cloning

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The interweb is full of spurious and anecdotal claims for just about everything readily found in kitchen cuboards and under the sink , but willow extract actually works.

The only thing left to try is custard powder.

Or buy a tub of a proven rooting hormone for a few pounds that will last for years.

crimsonecho

The interweb is full of spurious and anecdotal claims for just about everything readily found in kitchen cuboards and under the sink , but willow extract actually works.

The only thing left to try is custard powder.

Or buy a tub of a proven rooting hormone for a few pounds that will last for years.
i had very low success with iba and iba+naa.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hormex #8 has always worked well for me.

Their site lists Hemp as #8.

The higher strength powders intended for hardwood cuttings are useable but can cause a little damage.

crimsonecho

canna specific rooting hormones not easily available over here

i tried many different solution strength including dipping straight in powder to just dipping in to a very dilute solution for 1-2 seconds without any significant improvement.

telling you brother tried everything even uv sterilized bubble cloner which works for sure but the upkeep effort is crazy :)

honey hit the spot for me. now this week i’ll do my 3rd run with some panamas from ace seeds and i’ll try to document it so i’ll see if this was a fluke the first 2 times because as i understand now everyone has the same success i did with honey.

xtsho

canna specific rooting hormones not easily available over here

i tried many different solution strength including dipping straight in powder to just dipping in to a very dilute solution for 1-2 seconds without any significant improvement.

telling you brother tried everything even uv sterilized bubble cloner which works for sure but the upkeep effort is crazy :)

honey hit the spot for me. now this week i’ll do my 3rd run with some panamas from ace seeds and i’ll try to document it so i’ll see if this was a fluke the first 2 times because as i understand now everyone has the same success i did with honey.

I wonder if you were not having success due to your cuttings rotting before they could develop roots. Honey has properties that inhibit fungus and bacteria. Under proper conditions you can root clones in plain soil, coco, perlite, water, etc... without the need for any rooting additives.

They did a study at the University of Hawaii and honey outperformed commercial rooting products with certain species of plants while performing more poorly with others. It's not a peer reviewed study but the results are still interesting and should be given merit.

1716053150519.png

Last edited:

crimsonecho

I wonder if you were not having success due to your cuttings rotting before they could develop roots. Honey has properties that inhibit fungus and bacteria. Under proper conditions you can root clones in plain soil, coco, perlite, water, etc... without the need for any rooting additives.

They did a study at the University of Hawaii and honey outperformed commercial rooting products with certain species of plants while performing more poorly with others. It's not a peer reviewed study but the results are still interesting and should be given merit.

View attachment 19004631
i wondered about that too but on the other hand i had cuts sitting in the soil for weeks before i gave up on them and they looked pretty decent at that point but just no roots at all not even bumps.

or the second most common scenario was the cuts looked healthy above and below again but from the rooting hormone i assume the dipped parts were swollen and white. this happened to me with super dilute solutions too.

so whatever the problem was honey is definitely working for me so far. thanks again for suggesting it man.

Latest posts

Latest posts