What's new

Golden Tiger 3rd Thai Dominant version limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
6 Weeks of flower, the feed is better was a bit high in nitrogen but getting a balance now, the heat and up pot seemed to make some stretch on the branches close to the strong light but still going along.

View attachment 19001523

Yeah, usually when the tops stretch indoors much more than the lower branches, it's due to higher temps in the upper colas close to the light. Try to aim a fan at that area so the temps are more uniform throughout the plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I did a quick vape test yesterday at what is now 2 weeks of curing. I didn't use the Volcano but only the Mighty+ (portable vaporizer from S&B). So there was less material. I took several hits from the same very resinous bud.

The vapor was mostly savoury. The experience was very heavy. There was an initial rush of 30 minutes that was incomfortable, very very very cerebral and extremely intense. I had to confront difficult emotions and feelings. These feelings are mine and not those of the plant obviously but the plant sombre energy resonated with them and made them come to the surface. I could feel my heart beating much faster than usual.

After that initial rush, the intensity dropped somehow and the high settled for a VERY (+4h) long lasting and very "heavy" plateau although more friendly than the initial rush. All the descriptions I've read about the pure ACE Malawi matches what I experienced : "wall of inebriation", "druggy feeling", "narcosis" etc all that made sense. I understand why some people say it's not exactly "couch lock". Couch lock is not the right way to put it I agree because there is no real physical debilitation, nor is there any sedation. Essentially it's a very heavy dazing and intoxicating headspace, the cannabis equivalent of drinking 2 bottles of whiskey. There was not much Thai effect. I must've had a more Malawi pheno I guess. No panic attack though.

I'll post more vaping review as the plant cures some more. Hopefully the curing will improve the experience.

I'm still a bit dazed now.

Last a little side remark. This was not the first time I experience such a sombre head space with cannabis. I've had another experience like that with a strain from Mandala seeds called "8 miles high" which also contains African genetics ! Not as heavy as that GT3, but the same kind of dark energy. I've also had much more glowing African experiences too with TRSC Malawi Gold and ACE Ethiopia both of which I'm eager to try again but these were very up experiences.

Thanks @Lebanizer for sharing your early vape report with us :) The beginning sounds very Thai rush, anxiety-panic inducing, while the development is undoubtedly more like our Malawi Killers. The effects and terpenes will become more defined with a couple more months of curing. Golden Tiger is without a doubt a much more trippy, intoxicating, dark, challenging, and longer-lasting experience than pure Ethiopian.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
well grown

serious lime taste./smell,,.lots of resin

enjoyable not short lived high..some sedation...lets call it relaxation

not one that makes me jump up and play my guitar...but will not neglecting it

#4 sample best so far followed by sample #6

pheno #3 was a bit too much relaxation for this old guy..but still good weed

awesome grow job @Limeygreen and thank you

Thanks also for your insights @Rgd glad they are of your taste and with good duration, although perhaps not what you were looking for. For bright up, clean sativa strains better choose strains that are not heavy on Malawi, sativa strains such as New Caledonia, Oldtimer's Haze, Nepal Annapurna, Thai Chiang Mai, Honduras, Ethiopian, although Golden Tiger is without a doubt a much more trippy, intoxicating, challenging, and longer-lasting experience than pure Ethiopian.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I just have no temperature control so it was bound to happen, I will leave her for now and see but your fertilizer recommendation dubi from previous golden tiger threads appears to be working well so it's not a loss if this doesn't turn out well it helped me for steering sativas with the new fertilizer and ratios to aim for.

Rgd

Veteran
Thanks also for your insights @Rgd glad they are of your taste and with good duration
thank you ..and good job
I just have no temperature control so it was bound to happen, I will leave her for now and see but your fertilizer recommendation dubi from previous golden tiger threads appears to be working well so it's not a loss if this doesn't turn out well it helped me for steering sativas with the new fertilizer and ratios to aim for.
you did a good job...they burned well and tasted great..

chilliwilli

Waterboy

dillycid

Thanks for choosing GT3 @dillycid :yes: much appreciated! Are you growing indoors or outdoors? What are the temps, pH, EC, and light/sun exposure?

When seedlings start that way, it's usually a problem with the soil. GT3 is a very vigorous F1 strain, and you should be seeing vigorous green seedlings right from the start.
dubi, I grow outdoors in 40 gal. fabric pots. Temps are low 70's. 13+ hrs of Sun, 10 hrs direct. I took 1 liter soil samples from several pots and flushed them with 7.0 PH, 10 EC water. All measured about 1000 EC. I flushed one sample 5 times and it came down to 175 EC. Any advice? I've been growing your stains for 6 yrs and hats off to ACE Seeds. Excellent Work!

Azure

Thanks for choosing GT3 @dillycid :yes: much appreciated! Are you growing indoors or outdoors? What are the temps, pH, EC, and light/sun exposure?

When seedlings start that way, it's usually a problem with the soil. GT3 is a very vigorous F1 strain, and you should be seeing vigorous green seedlings right from the start.
Something is definitely wrong. They should shoot up like rockets and be mean and green! 🚀

Azure

What's wrong is me using the base soil I bought years ago, amending it every season and never leaching it! This is basic stuff and I blew it. Transplanted a couple in new soil and flushing the rest with lot's of water. Hopefully they recover but will be stunted. Learn something every year!
Keep updated on the recovery!