What's new

Fungicide choices

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I want a decent but non-toxic fungicide. I know great white is a good inoculate and hydroguard to. I quite fancy the regalia though. It's took a 25% market share in cali and seems way ahead. It's basically powdered knotweed, developed by basf. Now in it's latest format, by another manufacture, it's knotweed extract. It seems an ethanol wash from the roots. The EU has it approved but while we would likely be allowed it, nobody has asked (well they did, but changed their minds)

I can get knotweed extract from Ali but it's a couple of kg containing 200g of active compound. Roughly 4L of regalia if I'm not going off on the wrong path. $100 though... Just to see.

Is there an under counter supply of regalia anywhere? I can reach out quite far but this isn't coming up.

Any other ideas? I guess a h202 wash down before the buds cover the stem would be good, but I'm unsure of dose.

I have some organicide which is like a poke with a stick from a K compound that breaks down into useful K in a week or so. That's actually systemic. I use it outdoors but I'm not sure it's that good inside.

Any thoughts?
I will lay money on the counter (might have to be bitcoin) as part of a whip-round if people would like to import some, but that would also mean someone sending it under cover.

Europe must have their version but while I did once find it, the product name escapes me.

G

For bio-fungicides, I use (best) Pre-Stop, secondly, Myco-Stop, and third, is Actinovate. All are biological fungicides, but the Pre-Stop is touted as being on par with chemical fungicides, re. effectiveness.

I believe that Pre-Stop and Myco-Stop are the more shelf-life sensitive products, but I think all of them should be used in a reasonable time, and if possible, refrigerated.

The Pre-Stop isn't available everywhere in the US, but can be sent (strictly for personal use on private property) by 3rd parties living in states that are approved locally, to persons in states that are not approved (at least in Alaska it's been stated by DEC that it's OK to do so); the stuff is approved federally, but the states are on a state-by-state basis, re. (as an example) Alaska's Dept. of Environmental Conservation. (*It's a money thing; paying for certification that it's safe, annually, for the privilege of marketing in a given area).

Down-side of Pre-Stop is the bulk in mixing it up in H2O; it resembles coarse instant milk powder, can clump a bit, and the amount per treatment is far greater than the amounts used with either Myco-Stop or Actinovate.

I use Great White (and similar) as an inoculant for root growth/mycorrhizae.

Good luck.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks chap. having had a look, we can get prestop by the Kg. The other two have had amazon sellers offer them from the states before. That doesn't mean they would get here though.
Prestop is gliocladium catenlatum. A soil found thing. The product seems to be french and for ornamental use here. "Grey Mould and Stem Cankers caused by Botrytis and Didymella while treatment of soil, growing media or substrates provides protection against damping-off and root or base rots caused by Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium."
£50 though. Cheap if it works. Any canna approvals?

troutman

Seed Whore
If possible reduce humidity and increase air circulation. This past grow I was getting some type of growth on the soil
happening because at night the humidity spiked to 80%. So I went out and purchased a dehumidifier. I set it on a timer
for 60% humidity so it would go on when the lights went out for about 9 hours and the problem went away.

G

Thanks chap. having had a look, we can get prestop by the Kg. The other two have had amazon sellers offer them from the states before. That doesn't mean they would get here though.
Prestop is gliocladium catenlatum. A soil found thing. The product seems to be French and for ornamental use here. "Grey Mould and Stem Cankers caused by Botrytis and Didymella while treatment of soil, growing media or substrates provides protection against damping-off and root or base rots caused by Pythium, Phytophthora, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium."
£50 though. Cheap if it works. Any canna approvals?

I recalled Pre-Stop coming from Belgium, maybe?? Parts of Belgium are French, and parts are Dutch. Might explain the French link?

I'll have to check my packaging for the Pre-Stop, but here I believe it's acceptable for veggies, and MAY indicate it can be used close to the time of harvest.

Re. any cannabis application testimonials, I can't say. I've used it to beat back some Fusarium Wilt that was kicking my ass a year or 3 ago, but otherwise, without some sort of meaningful in-depth research, all I have is my own anecdotal experience, and the literature I've read, mostly on-line and on the packaging..

Maybe look further into the write-up re. acceptable uses?

Good luck!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Hey troutman. I felt a nip in the air a couple back, so pulled the window just a bit. Next day I was trimming.
I just upped my weekly flushing game... to weekly. Even with a high ec they are drinking lots and my RH has gone the wrong side of 60. I have a dehu but leave it till I really need it. I have serious noise concerns here. I actually need my 20L box to do 20L but they never do. It's tank is only 3, so we can see it's expectation. I'm just blowing from the tent into the room and it has nothing but the natural draft to take it away. It's precast concrete all round and I won't risk the window as my double filters never last long. I need to know I'm not blowing stink out. It's not good, but it's what I have. Pushing me to find a mold cure for my planned 9oz buds lol

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
moose eater I will keep it high on my very short list :) I lost the link but bud X or something from the makers of bud candy prompts a plant response people like.
edit: A Chitosan oligosaccharide product but is £80, while the actual Chitosan oligosaccharide is £40 and prestop £50 but an actual barrier product you would be smoking. As are many...

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have a source for the 747 variant of bacillus amyloliquefaciens that's proven the most useful for AG use. It's a bit concentrated though. Just 0.5g will make 350ml with the strength of hydroguard. Smallest weight is 1kg so it's a lot of stuff. A 250ml bottle of HG is about £20 though, for which I could make about 300 bottles. I don't need a Kg, that's 3000 bottles.

I suggest the most difficult group buy ever. Where 10 of us split the Kg. We can use distant relations to touch anything going between their postal addresses. No DNA samples by mail. Everything at arms reach. Known faces only.
It's not actually £20, I'm factoring in what I will have to pay to drive off to fetch it, then pay people to split and post it. Then it's £20 which I think an absolute steal

The product is actually 25% 747 and 75% a yeast to feed it. It can be mixed 2g per liter and sprayed over 2 meters to wipe out powdery mildew. No more than weekly, and 6 doses max. It may leave dust though and you must wear pp3 masks until it's dried off.
15g is the max dosage for 100Kg of compost. As used by mushroom farmers.

As a dry powder, It's not got the short life expectancy of mixed products. However, it's wise to put half a gram in a liter and call that your concentrate. Then use 10ml per liter. No stronger or you actually grow so much it's a problem requiring hydrogen peroxide.

I got some Chitosan. A free sample :)

Latest posts

Latest posts