What's new

anyone a mechanic with knowledge on toyota corollas?

well, i got stuck going up on a sidewalk(street festival, don't ask :p) the front of the underside got scratched a bit. i believe it isn't leaking anything, but, just out of curiosity, if it only scratched before the wheels, what damage may i ahve done???

i'm scared i might have broken the bottom plate and my oil may be leaking out.

i'm away fromt he car and i will not be near it until tonight, late, so i'm trying to figure out how prepared i need to be :-(

i'm pissed!

huh?

i should point out i'm not automitive literate AT ALL!

edit: i got it out and parked it... thing is, i was leaving it there to go pick it up later and it wasn't until i got home i started worrying....

it was pretty scratched.. and there was a plastic piece torn away even :-(

oh and there was a bit of something on the floor just behind the bumper, but it was flat, so either it was an old puddle or it wasn't oil(i AM right to assume a fresh oil leak wuold be distinguishable on asphalt, right? or does it just spread out like water would?????)

Last edited:
please, anyone that might be able to tell me what lies before the wheels on the underside of a 93 toyota corolla :-( i just spent a lot of money fixing this stupid car, and now i go and do somehting so preventable... i'm very afraid of what i may have done to the car and incredibly angry at myself :(

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I just walked out and looked at mine, I have a 2001...and It has a small skid plate on a support member-- The member also holds part of your front axle-- You will just have to look under there, and see what damage, if any was done-- I have hit curbs pretty hard with mine, and never hurt it--
But check out your bottom radiator fittings, make sure the cross member isn't bent...if it is, it will knock your front-end out of whack-- Be sure to make sure your oil-pan isn't damaged, but it is easy to see any of those--
Good luck-- :wave:

thanks dude,

thing is, i think the oil pan is scratched, can't really see what happened really, and i think my bottom radiator fittings have been bent for a looooooooong time, at least the top support beam has been so.

shit, i'm really scared, i sank a whole lot of money into the power steering and motor and transmition not too loong ago(all within the year, power steering last week).

f*uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

It's probably fine... check your oil level(you should anyway) Keep an eye on it over the next few days. You should get up under it and look for any signs of fluid on the oil reservoir on the bottom of your engine also check your transmission cover. Look for any signs of cracks. oil will not go away easily and you will be able to tell if it's fucked.

Showmeglass

We have a 93 wagon here as well. Good chance you did not hurt it as the oil pan sits even with the wheels. It might have got a few scratches but that would be it. As for the flat part in the floor in front of the back seat i think you said that should be fine as well.The frame is built within the body but there are rails there.

I think you will be fine.Just dont drove over anymore of them :)

Yummybud

Veteran
you should jack up the car and safely put it on some jacstands or put the front wheels on ramps and look under it to see if there is any damage to the oil pan.

or you could drive one side on a curb and have enough space to peek under it.

I drive a sports car that is pretty low to the ground and the oil pan is only a couple inches from teh pavement so a big rock etc can take out my oil pan which is scarey.

the fins on my oil pan have already been ripped off by debree. the other day I hit a massive pothole and it scared teh shit out of me as it could have taken out my oil pan lol.

anyways I'd check to see if there is any damage.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really hope Papa made out OK, it doesn't sound like he can afford any trouble with his ride

haha, what a coincidence, i just came back to the site after a loooooooong hiatus, and i just got crashed into last night! the person i'm sure is not going to pay for damages(she was found to be negligent and driving in a manner that endangers the life of others, so if she refuses to pay, i can take her to civil court)

but yeha, tahgt night my car was "fine" a bit scratched up but wahtever