What's new

Who knows the Original Characteristics of the oldskool NL#5 (´89/´90)?

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Honestly, this thread is getting to be like MNS forums and its taking the fun out of it.

I spoke my truth. For those that wanna understand - theres it is, a simple breakdown of NL5, and an explanation of why Neville was deceived and continued to deceive others for profit.
Just because it’s your "truth" it doesn't take a way the facts.
Screenshot_20240427_142539_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now you've mentioned before that Greg only told YOU the truth and told the rest of the world lies. This includes all the posts he's posted online and the statements he told in Mathew Riot podcast.

Someone is going around lying through their teeth. Is it YOU or Greg?

Also, did you forget the part where I debunked your 5x2 claim?
Screenshot_20240427_154613_Samsung Internet.jpg

He only received 1 clone, Idk where you got the idea of multiple clones being received.

Last edited:

chillkoots1

Fourora Borealis
Special Edition “Mr. Bob Hemphill” F1 Hybrids. These are rare hybrids of heirloom genetics.
🚨

Out of stock
Fourora Borealis = Fairfax Four Way ♀ x Northern Lights #1 ♂
Fairfax Four Way: Sensi Seeds Four Way, which is Skunk #1 x Afghani X Pakistan x India. This cut was selected in 1995.
IMG_1914  N L 4way.jpg

wink  puff an pass.gif

CharlesU Farley

That shows how little Neville knew.
He says NL2 x NL5 is pure NL. No, its not. It has Hawaiian. But nobody told him its Hawaiian in there - he just guessed that NL5 is all NL(afghan) because he only got "NL5" (NL5xNL2 or NL2xNL5) and 2x5 (NL5 x NL2 x NL2 or Nl2 x NL5 x NL2).
Imagine this - greg doesn't trust don, so gives don 2x5(or 5x2) and tells him its pure NL5, or "NL5". Don gives Neville that one. Then later Neville also gets "2x5" which is really a Bx to NL2 and not an outcross. So all assumptions Neville made were made based upon a lie.
Of course I know _you_ know more than Nevil, because _you_ were there when _he_ was originally doing all of this work. I prefer to let his words speak for him:

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 21, 2010
Add bookmark

Question: Ok.. so it sounds like on purchase all the nl lines were actually different seedlots of the NL family... not cuts.

Answer: "That's right OS. I did go to the States later and pick up the original U.S. NL5 mother and it was as it was described to me, part Thai. But _my_ NL5 didn't seem to have any Thai influence. I spent a lot of time analysing the NL lines, in particular NL5.

I only saw evidence of two indica male lines in the NL series and that was NL1 and NL2. My best bet was that NL5 was a combination of NL1 male line and US NL5 female. I guessed that US5 was 50% NL2. Northern Lights 2x5 was the best that I could do staying within the line (pure NL).

Northern Lights changed the face of cannabis genetics (and many a smoker), but it was mostly through NL5. You've got to marvel at fate for dropping that one extreme _plant_ into the lap of a budding seed breeder.
N."

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 20, 2010
Add bookmark
Confused about NL#1

"When I first got the NL varieties, there were 8 types, 1-8.
They came with descriptions, which I published in my catalogue. These descriptions may not correlate with what later developed. The original intention was to purchase seeds from the US NL growers. It didn't work out and supply dried up. I kept the lines separate and inbred them. NL1 and NL2 stabilised into distinct types and NL5 only produced one unique individual.
NL1 was a full blood Afghan indica. One thick main stem, dark green leaves, modest yield with nuggety buds, a little coarse with good resin production, which when ripe went golden. The high was narcotic. The seeds ranged from tiny to massive. I used to love the big ones. Large fat heavily and darkly mottled seeds. Selecting for these seeds made this Afghan even coarser. It was fun to show people these seeds.
The best line of NL1 actually came from the smaller seeded types, better high and bud structure.
There weren't many pure indica lines around in those days. Big Bud, Hash Plant and G13 were pure indicas in my estimation, but were cuttings. NL1 was the only good pure Afghani male line I had.( there was Sams Afghani#1, but that was toxic in a bad way) The NL2 was a Kush.
I put the NL1 out there as a pure strain. I wasn't popular. People would tell me, "give me the pure strains", but if it cost them 10% of their yield they would complain, well try 50%.
The pure indica hybrids were more popular. NL1 x HP and NL1 x G13 were the best. At least people could use the word pure (very popular). But they were good!

I expect that a lot of people holding what they believe to be pure indicas today, would find, if the truth be known, that the sire line traces back to NL1.
N."

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 19, 2010
Add bookmark

Was NL#1 reversible Nevil?

"I never tried it Kyle, I had _males_. It was the forgotten NL1 male that started many an Indica line.

I was interested in reversing NL5, because _none_ of her brothers/ relatives would reinforce the 5 characteristics. Sometimes it happens in cannabis, a throwback to a past ancestor."
N."

Everything that Neville did was based on one NL #5 _plant_, not seed, not clone, not cutting, not whatever other bullshit term you want to say but one fucking _plant_.

Hate to tell you this, but NL didn't start winning all of the Cups until _after_ Nevil worked it. Without Nevil's _work_, the world never even _hears_ about NL.

Just like with your insistence on _chemists_ in the BOEL, you're in over your head here, you just do not _understand_ what was going on, you've only _read_ about it.

Stick to Maui Wowie, you have more of a knowledgebase on that than you do NL.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

This will be my last post in this thread, for obvious reasons. It's a cut and paste from the thread title The History of Northern Lights Written By The Guys Who Actually Did It. This is the conclusion I came to, over 6 years ago:

"So in _1987_, there are absolutely no _seeds_ available of #5. And we've already verified that what Neville accomplished with NL was based off of one, single #5 _plant_. Not a whole shitload of #5 plants and seeds, but _one_ single solitary fucking _plant_.

Every #5 that Nevil looked at after then, he _rejected_ because it wasn't as good as his _original_. He thought it was so special, he sex reversed it with chemicals, and then did eight gens of those seeds.

And we know _exactly_ what happened to those seeds, we've seen written _proof_ from both Nevil and rimmeo.

And imagine a Northern Lights #8 that contributed just a _little_ sativa. o_O

From the March, _1987_ issue of High Times:

1000011950.jpg

"So in _1987_, there are absolutely no _seeds_ available of #5. And we've already verified that what Neville accomplished with NL was based off of one, single #5 plant. Not a whole shitload of #5 plants and seeds, but _one_ single solitary fucking plant.

Every #5 that Nevil looked at after then, he _rejected_ because it wasn't as good as his _original_. It was so special, he sex reversed it with chemicals, and then did eight gens of those seeds.

And we know _exactly_ what happened to those seeds, we've seen written _proof_ from both Nevil and rimmeo."

Y'all go ahead and believe you've got a _specific_ number of Northern Lights, buy what you want, from who you want, and tell everybody you're growing the _real_ deal.

Go ahead and tell me you know the _real_ history of Northern Lights, you were buddies with Herbie, screwed NL Seattle Greg's sister, and did sacred peyote with the Indian where he revealed not only the mysteries of the universe, but the exact specific _numbering_ system that was used, how he categorized each numbered plant, saved each seed selection for _multiple_ generations over _10_ years, and was able to bring it all together and decided _you_ were the one he would tell the story to, and explained it in such a way that even _you_ could understand.

I don't give a shit.

Nobody has a _real_ version of #5, or any other number for that matter, but go ahead and fool yourself, tell everybody you're growing the real deal, because you know the _real_, untold story.

It's just not based on facts or reality.

Before you take the advice of _anybody_ talking intimate knowledge of Northern Lights in this thread, ask to see some of _their_ Northern Lights, especially their _staminate_ plants:

1000011924.jpg

Have fun y'all, and good luck finding #5 or #1, or one you almost _never_ hear anything about, the one that I am absolutely, positively sure is the fucking best.... #3.14. Smells just like fucking pie.:ROFLMAO:

I almost forgot this little goodie here, which describes several of the participants in this thread:

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 14, 2010
Add bookmark
"I don't know much about forums. But I understand enough about debate. One of the quickest ways you can disrupt a topic is to get personal, another is to use loaded terms.

If some one says to me that I'm harping on about this or that, I can't get past the word harping. If some one doesn't agree with my line of thinking and accuses me of "fucked up" thinking or of being an idiot, all I want is satisfaction. I'd like to punch them in the nose and the listen to them harp on about how I broke their nose and their finger with one punch. (The analogy about a kick in the arse and a broken thumb comes to mind).

I just don't get people who say they want a debate and then do everything they can to derail it. Do you want to talk about the issue or do you want to score points off people?

I hate writing. I just don't want to waste the time I'm willing to devote to it, trading insults with people I wouldn't give the time of day to in real life.
N."

He definitely expressed my feelings, especially about this thread, _much_ better than I could.

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Jealously is a motherfucker. 🤣

I think it's time I ended this wannabe Northern Lights expert's career. His delusional misinformation isn't helping anyone but his narsastic ego.

Here is Nevil telling everyone that he couldn't successfully reverse his Northern Lights #5 clone.
Screenshot_20240428_162936_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240428_163653_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240428_164006_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here is Nevil's explanation on how he made the 89 Northern Lights #5 Backcross.
Screenshot_20240428_164150_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here is Mel, the person who actually gave Rimmeo those NL5 seeds, explaining how Rimmeo obtained those seeds.
Screenshot_20240428_164500_Samsung Internet.jpg

89 NL 5 day 31.jpg
1989 NL 5 day 43 (6).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts