What's new

Weed cuttings in Romania

Hi, are weed plants legal in Romania (like in Austria)?
I have read the law says that cannabis containing 0.2% THC or less is legal if it is not a finished product.

"In January 2021, the Romanian Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism clarified that the maximum THC content authorised (0.2%)- is determined in the cannabis plant (in the cultivation phase), not in the finite product."

I didn't know that seeds are actually legal in Romania until yesterday, so maybe I missed something else out?

I wanna buy the Amnesia Core Cut and avoid importing it from Austria.
My Romanian is not good, so I gotta ask in English and have troubles looking up Romanian laws.

DcSantos

Hi, are weed plants legal in Romania (like in Austria)?
I have read the law says that cannabis containing 0.2% THC or less is legal if it is not a finished product.

"In January 2021, the Romanian Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism clarified that the maximum THC content authorised (0.2%)- is determined in the cannabis plant (in the cultivation phase), not in the finite product."

I didn't know that seeds are actually legal in Romania until yesterday, so maybe I missed something else out?

I wanna buy the Amnesia Core Cut and avoid importing it from Austria.
My Romanian is not good, so I gotta ask in English and have troubles looking up Romanian laws.
even with hemp plants people have trouble because of the confusion. apparently CBD is legal but people still went to have trouble whit it as well..romanian laws can be confusing and ambiguous..

even with hemp plants people have trouble because of the confusion. apparently CBD is legal but people still went to have trouble whit it as well..romanian laws can be confusing and ambiguous..
Do you mean CBD oil or CBD flowers? Since some time they have made CBD flowers with =< 0.2% THC illegal.

I did find an ok source for this:
"Conţinutul autorizat de THC de 0,20% se aplică plantei de Cannabis (cultivată în mod autorizat), nu produsului finit rezultat din aceasta."

I found a better one but I can't find it again. They basically made flowers illegal regardless of the content.
In Germany CBD flowers are also illegal, there is a sentence of the BGH (Bundesgerichtshof, the highest court). But the law is not always enforced that is why people think it is legal. But it depends on the local police. If they raid you, you are fucked if you sell CBD flowers. But they don't always do. I found romanian sites that sell CBD flowers too, so I think it will be similar.

And after doing some research I can now understand why you can't buy cuttings in Romania. It has to be "cultivată în mod autorizat". And a country like Romania will never ever authorize cuttings. But the law in theory is quite similar to the Austrian law. But in Austria you don't have to request a permission as far as I know.

Last edited: