What's new

Unionization

Three Berries

"We will be dedicating significant resources to organizing cannabis workers in Illinois and fighting to get them strong contracts," Sean M. O'Brien, Teamsters General President, said in a news release Friday.

"The Teamsters will be leading the fight to legalize and unionize this industry, both at the state level and nationwide.”

Local 777 already represents hundreds of cannabis workers and has secured its first cannabis labor agreement, President Jim Glimco said.

Union officials said the organizing effort is timely because of the burgeoning legal-pot industry, which is comprised of “increasingly large, multi-state firms.”

nono_fr

this link https://www.audacy.com/wbbm780/news...l-to-lead-effort-to-organize-cannabis-workers = This site isn't currently available in the EU

I don't know if the cannabis worker are well paid but the state of illinois earns a lot !
illnoismarijuanataxrate.jpg

I find it in this article : https://cannabis.net/blog/news/illi...first-12-days-of-legal-recreational-marijuana

Illinois has officially joined the cannabis revolution with its first two weeks of legal recreational marijuana sales totaling $19,709,345.10. The advance comes after years of hard work by pro-legalization advocates. Supporters of the move hope the problems solved by the economic boost will stimulate further growth.
illinoisrecreationalcannabissale.jpg

Three Berries

Anyone who says they are doing this (whatever) for others ... like politicians, religious-ers and union organisers are DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES!
I suppose the union will be called The Great American Union of Grass Trimmers ... and there will be a Head Grass Trimmer who never touches a plant but gets all the dues.
I was a IBEW Union local president for a term, representing battery makers. I found out we were all second class union members compared to the electrical contractor locals after going to the national convention a couple times.

There were times when unions were needed. But now they are all corrupt at the top.

VenerableHippie

I was a IBEW Union local president for a term, representing battery makers. I found out we were all second class union members compared to the electrical contractor locals after going to the national convention a couple times.

There were times when unions were needed. But now they are all corrupt at the top.
I too think there are times when Unions are needed. I recall Henry Ford's enforcers shot 16 (was it?) strikers in the 20's or 30's. Those days should not return.

At the moment politically, there is a threat to democracy in the Proud Boys, Q Anon, Stump etc. This is the main fight. Unions are second ...

Three Berries

I too think there are times when Unions are needed. I recall Henry Ford's enforcers shot 16 (was it?) strikers in the 20's or 30's. Those days should not return.

At the moment politically, there is a threat to democracy in the Proud Boys, Q Anon, Stump etc. This is the main fight. Unions are second ...
Threat to democracy = threat to Democrat control. With all the vote tampering being exposed it's whoever is the highest bidder.

Proud Boys = FB I
Qanon = MSM
Stump = lives in your brain

RobFromTX

"We will be dedicating significant resources to organizing cannabis workers in Illinois and fighting to get them strong contracts," Sean M. O'Brien, Teamsters General President, said in a news release Friday.

"The Teamsters will be leading the fight to legalize and unionize this industry, both at the state level and nationwide.”

Local 777 already represents hundreds of cannabis workers and has secured its first cannabis labor agreement, President Jim Glimco said.

Union officials said the organizing effort is timely because of the burgeoning legal-pot industry, which is comprised of “increasingly large, multi-state firms.”
Hey Polly. I think O'Brien needs a haircut. Stop by the house and give him a buzz. Capeesh 😁

VenerableHippie

Threat to democracy = threat to Democrat control. With all the vote tampering being exposed it's whoever is the highest bidder.

Proud Boys = FB I
Qanon = MSM
Stump = lives in your brain
Sorry to cross political swords with you. I didn't intend to.

I 'm not getting it.

If what you think is true ... what's the reason I 've got it backwards?

Like, where can I find out that the Proud Boys are really the FBI? And Tr/Stump doesn't live in my brain. He lives at a place in Florida, doesn't he?

Now, say that the Proud Boys are the government and Mr Trump is their Saviour, how will they govern? Will the obvious strategy of destroying the establishment continue? Then there will be no seat of government. What options to government might the Proud Boys Have in mind? (Just asking.)

And if Mrs Pelosi is publicly hanged, who will be the Hangman? Will he be an elected official or will he be a long serving member of the Proud Boys or will he be the most callous person of the group? Would you apply for the job of Hangman?

Will you hang her on television or in the basement of the White House?

When you hang Mrs Pelosi, then what. Will you elect a female movie star or business person to take her place or will your new regime ban women altogether?

Just asking, OK? Where can I find out if the FBI is really the Proud Boys?

Or are you just making up these ideas so's you don't get along with me?

What's the reason you don't want to get along with me? Is it because you cannot tolerate ideas that are different to the ideas you hold?

If so, what's happened to you that you can't tolerate the ideas of others?

How come blood spilled in the Capitol is preferable to peace in the Capitol? (Just asking.)

Sounds like Henry Ford's enforcers were right to shoot the Strikers. Were they?

Please explain ... I 'm listening ...

Latest posts

Latest posts