What's new

Tom Hill Haze

StickyBandit

@StickyBandit I remember him saying he didn't do any real selections. He wanted to keep it the same as what he started with.
Yep, ok (y) I plan on doing that initially then trying selection after, I'd like to cover the bases. I thought he said chances of selection working were mathematically slim and many people had tried it? not that it will stop me trying also :p

StickyBandit

what if they all don’t start dropping pollen at the same time do you collect sweep it up 1 week with like a little broom , then when those males have opened up cull, then wait for later males to open up collect sweep , cull then mix it all in a sack and dust?
I'll wait for them to all be dropping pollen in full swing at the same time and start collecting then, maybe top the tallest to keep them all a similar height depending on the differences

Limeygreen

Veteran
All I do is take the male branches with flowers I want, bring them to a separate area usually under floros. Put tin foil down and put the branches in vases or jars with water, spreading them around the ends, let the pollen drop and mix it all together, if one is earlier then the pollen sits while the others come and mix it all together. Works really well when you need more space from removing the males and then you can control pollinate everything.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'll wait for them to all be dropping pollen in full swing at the same time and start collecting then, maybe top the tallest to keep them all a similar height depending on the differences
Bend them gently or LST and tie over over the course of a few days over the top of something you can collect it easy off of like glass or a tub top upside down, a bunch of parchement paper, even glossy cardboard box flattened down.

Depends on the individuals some may give off some traits but for the most part you should mix as many as possible. For the lines sake and for your own enjoyment it gives the most possibilites and greatest chance that one of the combinations will fire.

Last edited: