What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

It was Sophie's 12th birthday today. We splurged and got halibut & chips from a local take out. I think that she enjoyed it more than us . . .

Halibut has gotten pretty pricey ($33 for 2) and this was overcooked and tough.

View attachment 18999424
Halibut is very expensive, I checked where we buy fish & chips $32.99 for 2 piece and chips. I also see they no longer offer coleslaw with the order. Coleslaw is an extra 2.49 now.

OleReynard

@Dogzter
FB_IMG_1715211225333.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Two

Two reasons, I have cervical spondylosis(moderate-severe) and constantly turning my head for driving would put me in agony, I have degenerative bone disease in my shoulders(moderate-severe) and holding my arms up for any length of time would become painful.

The other reason is morphine, in 2010 when I started taking morphine daily, I called the RCMP and asked if it was illegal to drive while taking morphine. They told me no but if I was to cause an accident I could be taken to civil court and sued.

I had a family member who was charged with motor manslaughter, I seen the avalanche of problems that happened in that persons life. I don't want that to be me.
So sorry oldman ..... I'm not supposed to drive at night. I know what is eventually coming. Making the best of it while I can.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I haven't driven since August 2013 when I was thrown into that camp bagong diwa detention jail in Manila - all my vehicles at the time were in the Philippines - so 2 and a half years later - when I was allowed to deport back to the UK 🇬🇧 - and faught off extradition to the USA - I had no vehicle to use - except a bicycle and started walking everywhere - couldn't afford to buy a car anyway - but realized that owning a car would be a pain in the arse in the metropolitan London area - where my little apartment was

- got a free bus/tube pass at 60 years old - but mainly just walked everywhere I needed to go - schlepping lots of shopping 🛍 too - gaining physical benefit from all of that physical activity 😀 - and haven't missed all the tax and insurances - parking costs and tickets - fuel/oil and service/mechanics costs - worrying about theft and vandalism - and washing a car - all things that go with vehicle ownership - so MUCH LESS STRESS - and cost - and I'm much healthier due to all the walking and schlepping too -

I still have one Toyota SUV - back on Palawan in the Philippines 🇵🇭 - and one day hope to return - where I will need it - due to all the long distances and rough roads and hauling heavy stuff to rebuild my old beach house 🏠 - hopefully within the next 5 years or so - 😀

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I haven't driven since August 2013 when I was thrown into that camp bagong diwa detention jail in Manila - all my vehicles at the time were in the Philippines - so 2 and a half years later - when I was allowed to deport back to the UK 🇬🇧 - and faught off extradition to the USA - I had no vehicle to use - except a bicycle and started walking everywhere - couldn't afford to buy a car anyway - but realized that owning a car would be a pain in the arse in the metropolitan London area - where my little apartment was

- got a free bus/tube pass at 60 years old - but mainly just walked everywhere I needed to go - schlepping lots of shopping 🛍 too - gaining physical benefit from all of that physical activity 😀 - and haven't missed all the tax and insurances - parking costs and tickets - fuel/oil and service/mechanics costs - worrying about theft and vandalism - and washing a car - all things that go with vehicle ownership - so MUCH LESS STRESS - and cost - and I'm much healthier due to all the walking and schlepping too -

I still have one Toyota SUV - back on Palawan in the Philippines 🇵🇭 - and one day hope to return - where I will need it - due to all the long distances and rough roads and hauling heavy stuff to rebuild my old beach house 🏠 - hopefully within the next 5 years or so - 😀
The average milage per person driven in Colorado is approximately 15,000 miles per year.