What's new

The Northern Connection

A

arcticsun

hey piel, im afraid i pollinated too late so the seeds from this plant was immature.

But im test smoking a sample of my grow today, I think its some bluestreak im smoking and the flavor is unreal, it gives me a nice buzz aswell so im extatic about it :D

fucking 69 north lol, unbelievable!! Un-fucking believable, i wasnt sure if it was possible. 69 north is equivalent of Barrow, Alaska, its several degrees north of Godthåb, Greenland and almost 500km north of Trondheim, Norway.

Id love to do a grow on Greenland and on Iceland, maybe even on Svalbard :D

offthehook

Veteran
Don,t kill her Arctic, as long as the roots are still OK seeds will continue to ripen.

Even after some frost.

A

arcticsun

thanks for the tip offthehook, ill try to leave her as long as possible, but the problem is the morning dew and the mold. Its sunny now, but im scared if we get rain ill have to cut them or loose them to mold. Btw i had another bowl of this stuff, and ive got to say im well stoned now, im very happy about this smoke :D

offthehook

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=113673&page=40 :D

You're affraid of this to happen? Call it "frost water cured" and enjoy , namm ;)

(Credentials for pix showing halfway the page going to BadTicket.)

Yeh, you're right, parts that are even slightly affected by mould and that's situated below the seed pods will cause the seeds above it to stop from ripening.

I'd say, only cut off the upper part of the buds, drip a drop of thick wood tar on the wound and hope for the better.

Parhaps this way you could at least get some seeds to ripen and still have the upper bud left to smoke.

All best of luck man, But eh, Rain front comming up now from southern europe.

I hope with a lill luck we will be spared of it this far up north.

* note that I said Thick, In FL we call it "terva" in English it might be called "stockholm tar",but it comes in different grades of viscosity. The thinner ones that hold more terpenes actually damage the plant in stead of protecting it from mould.
I use to make my own Terva, and have acces to different grades for different purposes, if it holds too many terpenes you can always evaporize most of it above a heat source.

Piel

Veteran
Hi,
I just left TNC -seems like a sinking ship. It was nice while it was working though.
Peace and best wishes.
P

offthehook

Veteran
Damn Piel, just when I got my 50 post together and was all willing to participate overthere :D

All the best Piel !

But yeh, what is there to say, Growing up North is simple as fuck if you know what you're doing and made sure you layed your hands on the right genetics.

From there on we all have only one year at the time in order to get forwards with our strains.

I sure wished I could contribute more to this site but it looks like the northern clearcuts are beeing filled more and more with hemp all in it's own pace.

What's there more left to do as to hand out a couple of seeds here and there, and slowly watch our countries make progress on icmag while hibernating through winters?

:)

People all speaking english on TNC has an advantage tho.

Piel

Veteran
OTH: I think the AF forum, and the Nordic country forums, have made TNC obsolete. It has been fun though and some great people belong to it but there´s hardly been any action there for months. Maybe I just spend too much time on this site? Maybe I should get a life -or go to bed earlier!

offthehook

Veteran
I see your point, And actually...hmm maybe I 'm with you on thisone. but but, I would n't give up totally on TNC though, I see it as an international accesible data base on Northern Progress...

I use to check out this site about 2 or 3 times a day, but am not too disapointed tho if nothing has n't happened, it's more like a habit just.
Ppl in these countrys also have good reasons not to be too willing to participate to much on these forums.
I know guys who only watch the show on here, but wouldn't ever think of actively participating. Way to risky they think and maybe they're right, cops can be bastards idd.
I 've got a rule of thumb that sais, do what you want but don't do it at home.
Thus I am relative evidence free here at home so let them come.
(Got to know, that at my place cops are jumping in and out every once in a while, so I just learned to make sure there is nothing for them to find, not even a roach.)

But I know for a fact that participating on a forum like this won't cause me no harm, They can get us so much more easyer by wiring our cellphones.
I got first hand experience with that, and I know for a fact that all friends circles who toke are beeing profiled over their cellphones by cops already long before they have the faintest clue themselves.
They read (listen) us like a farmer "reads" his cattle, and they are at all times perfectly aware of what's happening in town.
All over the damn cellphones and many young ppl I know seem to be totally unaware of that and are acting out all totally irresponsible with those things,and putting their supplyers and peers at risk with their ignorant stupidity.

Mja, started ranting here, But so, whatever, all goes like it goes.

One thing tho Piel, We here in North will be able to produce the best AF plants from all the world eventually (By improving southern AF genetics with superior Northern survivalist circumstances)

What would work for us in here would work for anyone elsewhere in the world too but even better! That's why I know that there are many eyes from all over the wold on us in here to follow our progress.

Does n 't all go as fast as you would like to see Piel, but parhaps just change the attitude a bit ? Our planet happens to only spin once during a 24 hour cycle see.

Then in addition to that... I did several weed forums before I started to attend this one. One peticular one realy got out of hand with answering questions to beginners and discussing "hot topics" with advanced growers.
"
Like at some point there was nothing else left in this world to do as only beeing on the forum anymore and writing my ass off to everyone... That's so good about this "Ass of the World / Northern hemisphere" lokation....

PEACE !!! Aaaaah. :)

One thing still about those damn cell phones since I was at it anyhows.... The moment just before someone calls you , the moment just before you hear the ring tone...That's when they already can hear everything that's been said in the room and the fucking room next to it while you let the door open. (cuzz they 've got fucking exellent audio tune equipment.)

And the probable cause will always be there, cuzz there is always someone under suspicion who needs to call someone.
This automaticly gives them probable cause to overhear the innocent party too, so even if it's your dying grand aunt on the other side of the line.... she'll be wired too then.

Bloody Bastards. grrrr.

A

arcticsun

TNC is the future and the past!! TNC is futuristic and in no way is it dead.

Leadership of the group was passed on to Badticket this spring because the previous leader has been without internet for long periods this summer.

But the world connects in the north, its a fact, the group reflects the world so it will therefor always serve a purpose and have a place. My advice to you piel is to look further into the future. The world is warming, and great development is taking place in the northern cannabis culture. TNC is in that sense futuristic in spirit.

A great amount of thought went into the spiritual aspects of the group when it was started, we wanted it to be a gathering point for everyone who has an interest in what goes on in the extreme growing scene. From high mountain growing, to extreme climate growing etc.

And that is exactly what TNC is, its a group for everyone. We have a member base which extends from Australia to Alabama and Russia and you name it. We have a helpful active Nordic group, predominately Finnish and some Norwegian members who are contributing with knowhow and experiences into growing in extreme latitudes and climates.

Its a great group, I really like it and im really thankful for what all the members has given me through the years. Part of the reason why the leadership of the group was passed on was to ensure continuity for the group, to ensure that the group has more then one foot to stand on in the long run. So I welcome you all to the harvest season 2010 and look forward to discussing the lessons learned with everyone through the winter.

I thank you graciously for contributing to the group my friends :wave:

offthehook

Veteran
Nice post Arctic, could not have said it better myself.

Tnx man.

Hey Piel... Welcome back...? :)

A

arcticsun

hehe :D I really appreciate that you made a little noise piel, im really glad to log on and receive this message today. Thanks for all your good ideas and efforts piel, we are very happy to have you back with us :D

peace buddy :wave:

offthehook

Veteran
Nice one Piel :), Same at you Arctic :)

Guys, I've just been participating on this peticular forum since only a half year, but I'm up to something...

I wanna shovel those damn seeds around here in North, and need to find ways to do so.

I think I will open a new thread on TNC about it as soon as this damn flue has stopped from attempting to kill me, sniff sniff bwraaaaah.

All I wanna say for now is: don't count me out, as a matter of fact I've just began in here and I'm bad ass!

Seeds should be available for free! and I'm thinking about some seed depot were people can donate and purchase seeds for free that are actually gonna work in our Northern hemisphere.

Well, that's it in a nutshell, the legal aspects and some other things I'll just shove to public in NTC then.
See ya there.

And eh, Welcome back Piel :)

The north will rise again,we never give up!
im just lurkin around on the forum to have a go at some post`s so i can get does damn 50 i need.
im trying out some expensive stuff i found online and will get the pictures up in here sometime during the next month.
hindu kush fems . . .

offthehook

Veteran
I'm all for Hindu Kush strains noschwaginmybag.

We most definatly got to get some of our Northern thriving indica autos on a more uplifting level.

No doubt you could get somewhere eventually with your latest purchase.

Keepem posting mate, you'll be there in no-time.

One post a day keeps the dokter away... Ah Euh Ah,Well, originally it was; one toke a day keeps the dokter away but ofcourse that's optional :D

Latest posts

Latest posts