What's new

Supplemental UV lighting

Cactus Squatter

For those of you running supplemental UV lighting in your indoor grows, how long are you keeping those lamps on for, and at what time of the lighting cycle?

I’ve been running CMH bulbs for years but recently setup a 5x5 tent with an LED panel.
I have a Gavita 1700e and 2 of the Gavita UV-A bars that fit inside the 1700 frame. One of the Gavita UV lights was DOA so I’m waiting on a replacement currently before firing up the UV schedule.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I run a pair of UVa/Red boosters with my CMH. They come on 3 times a day for 30 minutes. 10 minutes before the CMH starts (running together for 20), at midday for 30, and 20 minutes before the CMH goes to bed. It ends up with 10 minutes of just the Red/UV blend on either end of each day.

Cactus Squatter

I run a pair of UVa/Red boosters with my CMH. They come on 3 times a day for 30 minutes. 10 minutes before the CMH starts (running together for 20), at midday for 30, and 20 minutes before the CMH goes to bed. It ends up with 10 minutes of just the Red/UV blend on either end of each day.
I have several plants currently vegging under the LED, will I need to slowly harden them off to the UV or can they be put right onto that schedule without issue?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I didn't have any issues with the plants needing to adjust. If you were going to run them for longer periods, I would definitely start there and add more time to each on period 15 minutes at a time. Or if they have dimmers, start at 50% and go up 10% every 3 or 4 days.