What's new

Sticky or oily/greasy most potent?

Sticky or oily/greasy most potent?

• Total voters

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Which type of resin do you think is strongest, sticky or oily?
No difference ?

I vote sticky.:yes:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sticky but so far you other 3 guys said that too and there are only 2 votes total for it above, and one vote is mine ;)

yoss33

Veteran
Disclamer: I've made hash oil and hash (with ethanol) only a few times, so the following observation is mainly from what I see to stick to my fingers ;)
Isn't "sticky" just resin that is not "cured"? Sticky resin supposedly contains more cannabinoids in the acid form (as well as other acids) and with curing or simply staying more on the plant it becomes less sticky (more "oily"). With that said there's a difference between "oily" and "oily" - one that is cured and one that is harvested later.
I'd vote most psychoactively potent is cured "oily", then "sticky" (not well-cured earlier harvest), and then - the amber "oily" of the late harvest, which for me has never been much psychoactive (only strong body buzz).

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
my sticky ass weed is so strong i forgot to vote

yoss33 said:
Isn't "sticky" just resin that is not "cured"?

maybe true... but i personally prefer smoking my homegrown with just a very short cure, or no cure at all. may be a little harsher but IMO more flavorful and potent, plus i kind of like the "bomb exploded in my lungs" feeling :)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just broke up some bone dry 2 month cured buds that were nearly overdried (on pupose) because they were seeded and it was sticky as all f*k still. But I do prefer fresh herb over anything else too :good:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Instead of creating a new thread I'll just raise this one from the dead.

I have 2 Thai A5 Haze motoring along in veg (just cut up some clones). Comparable plant structure .. stem rubs reveal one is sticky and the other is greasy.

Thoughts?

Stickiest bud I ever grew was when I fed molasses and one plant in the room soaked it up with a fungus. Not sure how that works but the plant would've stuck to a passing jet and smelled like demerera sugar and fungus.

Second stickiest was when I put guano on too late. New phospholipids being formed that never break down into weed stuff.

So my 2 Stickiest plants went in the trash.