What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

LostSoulsofHaze

What a polite political response!

Im glad that your efforts, you know growing out a 10 pack of someone else work, will be protected. šŸ¤”

is this you? ā€œmuch respectā€ then listing off the names of people youā€™ve disrespected?

If you canā€™t speak the truth like a man, donā€™t bother responding.
All I'm speakins the truth, it can be hard to hear and maybe even hard to understand....

Nexus7

Look buddy your patent ain't gonna hold up ... you probably only grew out one madmac/proseed plant šŸ˜… And even if you grew out the whole 10 pack that's not rare or unique ...

It's was well documented by @JohnnyChicago about the anti depressant effects of OHz and the pepper/grains of paradise? pheno.

So go ahead make your medicine but good luck enforcing your patent!

goingrey

Ok so, some rasta-impasta goes out and patents ā€œmy totally legit original hazeā€, what are the actual implications of this?

No way does this imply ownership or any privileges to other seed stock.

A plant patent is granted by the United States government to an inventor (or the inventor's heirs or assigns) who has invented or discovered and asexually reproduced a distinct and new variety of plant, other than a tuber propagated plant or a plant found in an uncultivated state. The grant, which lasts for 20 years from the date of filing the application, protects the patent ownerā€™s right to exclude others from asexually reproducing the plant, and from using, offering for sale, or selling the plant so reproduced, or any of its parts, throughout the United States, or from importing the plant so reproduced, or any part thereof, into the United States.

So, valid for the individual clone only. No sales, or growing, or exporting, without permission...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Let's leave the exact number a mystery, its more fun that way. But a few details because I know I would want the same haha.

Yes, we purchased a 10 pack from Pro S E E D S from the Golli X Seedsman free for all when Mac went out of town. We were currently growing Haze when we purchased that pack and were subsequently invited to that place that was secret but everyone talks about when we engaged them about Haze haha. We also have haze from all sorts of sources including directly from Mac and Stars ICMag run of Seedsman Haze. We have grown out lots of Pure Haze and Positronic Haze and Haze hybrids from all sorts of vendors public and private and just individuals who love cannabis. The Pure Haze is all that matters really and in that regard our plant stood out against all the other plants we personally touched. We also used the data and information available on Haze to help come to an understanding of what we were seeing and that others weren't getting our phenotype/chemotype. We had access to lab analysis to help us.

We do realize that Johnny isn't happy but he hasn't been happy for years with any Haze stuff it seems. I know you have read through these boards. We reached out to him and he can always get in touch with us. We reached out to Mac. Sam/Dave is aware of us and we are still waiting for him to chime in. Golli from my understanding is not involved in cannabis.

Who owns Haze??? Does anyone, does Sam does, GW Pharmaceuticals? We don't claim to own Haze and our plant patent is only good for 20 years for our specific plant. We are just trying to find a way to bring Haze as a medicine to the widest range of people possible and that is done through big pharma. Sam was part of that. You seem him posting all those High Grade science papers. GW Pharmaceuticals.

Now the utility patent is something else......a work of art šŸŽØ

And yes, never meant to leave out OT1 as he is responsible for the OTHaze being available but Dubi gets major credit for doing something with it.

We love Haze and Cannabis.
Who owns Haze? Not you.

Best way to get it out there? Follow what Josey and Chunkypigs did with the cuts they found. Spread them far and wide for free..surely not big pharma. The only reason to go that route is to make money. Which you are trying to do off the work of many people and none actually of your own. Popping a 10 pack and claiming anything is just lousy.

Justify all you want but what you are doing is the opposite of what this site is about.

Pound salt

Overgrow the world. Fuckem

goingrey

Who owns Haze? Not you.

Best way to get it out there? Follow what Josey and Chunkypigs did with the cuts they found. Spread them far and wide for free..surely not big pharma. The only reason to go that route is to make money. Which you are trying to do off the work of many people and none actually of your own. Popping a 10 pack and claiming anything is just lousy.

Justify all you want but what you are doing is the opposite of what this site is about.

Pound salt

Well what's stopping you from growing out a pack and sharing the best girl?

Maybe the fact that no one is even interested in it?

Possibly I missed it but doesn't seem like there's been a single question about the high, aroma, growth characteristics or what it is that makes the flower so unique (mind the pun)... Nothing but a bunch of self-righteous (fake) outrage about a clone being patented.

And sure everyone is entitled to an asshole or at least a colostomy bag and plant patent laws can be debated sure but really the issue is not specific to this clone or Haze or even cannabis. If you feel the US plant patent system is flawed maybe let your congressman know, I think that's how it works there...

Anyway, hopefully this couple is able to recoup their investment of one pack over the next 20 years ahaha, that's what the patent laws are supposed to protect right? But nah congrats I kinda see it as a cool step towards legalization and normalization.

LostSoulsofHaze

Look buddy your patent ain't gonna hold up ... you probably only grew out one madmac/proseed plant šŸ˜… And even if you grew out the whole 10 pack that's not rare or unique ...

It's was well documented by @JohnnyChicago about the anti depressant effects of OHz and the pepper/grains of paradise? pheno.

So go ahead make your medicine but good luck enforcing your patent!
If it's not gonna hold up then what's all the fuss?

LostSoulsofHaze

Who owns Haze? Not you.

Pound salt

We never said we owned it shit can people read.

I don't think that worked out so well for Josey but people love him. GG4 is sold all over and he and his family don't get anything from that. Then he tried to back pedal and it was to late.

Love the love the cannabis community shows. Peace and love bro

LostSoulsofHaze

Did you find a truly exceptional phenotype that is everything the legend of haze is supposed to be?

Can you show us this phenotype and describe and compare it to exceptional plants others have found using the same or similar genetics?
We truly did but is it the legend that everyone thinks of...I don't know. It's not the face melting high of the Posi Haze X Thai. This experience is mind expanding, euphoric, thought provoking, uplifting but calming on the body.

You can read the plant patent if you want, it's a short read. People have anecdotally used cannabis and Haze to treat a multitude of medical issues including pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, hunger etc.

We recognized that our plant has incredible medical benefits specifically for depression and anxiety. We took our observations and looked at the chemotype and were able to understand scientifically how our plants chemotype is affecting the ECS to bring about those changes.

That doesn't mean Johnny didn't find a plant that also had some anti depressant qualities but that our plant is specifically suited to do so and you can see that in its chemotype.

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

Anyway, hopefully this couple is able to recoup their investment of one pack over the next 20 years ahaha, that's what the patent laws are supposed to protect right? But nah congrats I kinda see it as a cool step towards legalization and normalization.

so, when you find the timeā€¦

try to pry your lips off this dudes anus.

Their is case law and other implications at play here.

If you feel the US plant patent system is flawed maybe let your congressman know, I think that's how it works there...

Yeah the same politicians keeping this plant down are gonna suddenly make drastic changes to patent law. You do know our laws are practically written by lobbyists?

goingrey

Their is case law and other implications at play here.
That is just plain incorrect. This is based on 35 United States Code Ā§ 161 "Patents for plants" which I already quoted in a previous post. Therefore this clearly a regulatory law matter, not a case law matter.

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

That is just plain incorrect. This is based on United States Code Ā§ 161 "Patents for plants" which I already quoted in a previous post. Therefore this clearly a regulatory law matter, not a case law matter.

farmers growing corn and canola simply in proximity of some of the seed test beds have been sued.

i know your going to feign ignorance so here is a source backing up my claim

Iā€™ve only taken a single law class, taught by an active judge, I am not a lawyer.

Case precedents and other rulings shape the enforcement of the law. Im sure you already know this.

LostSoulsofHaze

farmers growing corn and canola simply in proximity of some of the seed test beds have been sued.

Iā€™ve only taken a single law class, taught by an active judge, I am not a lawyer.

Case precedents and other rulings shape the enforcement of the law. Im sure you already know this.
No one was in danger or confusing you with a lawyer

goingrey

The GMO patents in that case are different than plant patents. So yes, I will feign ignorance... on the relevance here. And that Miami News Times article seems to be full of misinformation anyway, they weren't just growing nearby but genuinely trying to bootleg shit (according to the courts, not me). Here is a better article, if you are genuinely interested:

But ok, what kind of potential cases are you worried about? The code seems to be from 1952, maybe there are precedents already?

Latest posts

Latest posts