What's new

Purple Sky in Vancouver

@peace

Delta Police provide logical explanation for Sunday’s purple night sky​

Lights in the night sky in Delta.

Police in Delta are out with a logical explanation for an oddly colourful night sky. (pnwkate / Twitter Image)
By James Paracy
Posted November 6, 2023 11:16 pm.

Last Updated November 6, 2023 11:17 pm.
Aliens? No… The Northern lights? Definitely not. Well, just what are these purple lights in the sky in Delta?
The Delta Police Department (DPD) has your answer, and it isn’t very exciting. In a post on X, police say the purple light pollution in the sky above the city comes from commercial greenhouse spaces producing marijuana.

Lights in the night sky in Delta.
Police in Delta are out with a logical explanation for an oddly colourful night sky. (drunkmunky88 / Reddit Image)

The DPD explains that purple light is used in rare instances in these greenhouses to help the growing cycle. On the occasion this kind of light is used, purple light pollutes the sky.
“Nothing exotic,” police added.

Prior to the DPD’s explanation, locals were having some fun with ideas on what it might be online.
“I know where the aliens will land,” one Reddit user said.
“Aliens having complete raves,” another added.
One X user was disappointed with the DPD’s logic, they were hoping for something a little bit more exciting.
“I was busy packing my bags for the mother ship’s imminent arrival,” they said.

Tynehead Tom

now that is fuggen hilarious :ROFLMAO:
I grew up in north delta ...... left the LMZ (lowermainland zone) a dozen or so years ago and sure glad I did
Night skies in the BC Cariboo are amazing when it's clear out. No purple sky here although our sunsets get amazingly colorful here and pink is quite common.

@peace

I am from southern Ontario, I really like BC though. Maybe one day I will move there. Better growing conditions vs. here.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
The explanation seems incorrect. Why would light pollution from growing go up and out when lights are directed towards plants beneath? They should have blamed those new Purple streetlights.

Strangely it's the same color as the pond in Hawaii that they're blaming on drought. 😱

Latest posts

Latest posts