What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

revegeta666

I had missed this year's thread somehow, thanks for starting it @Old Piney! Let's gooooo!!!

Spring is in full swing here
IMG_20240506_180337.jpg

IMG_20240505_114553.jpg

IMG_20240507_144204.jpg

Some rainy days too, finally
IMG_20240506_200236.jpg

Best of luck to all.

Old Piney

I'm not completely sold on this outdoor growing stuff.
I find it by far the easiest way to grow , I know that it may be a bit more challenging in the desert with the heat and the need for constant irrigation .On the flip side there is no mold problem.Plants in the ground will stay the cooler than in containers and will require much less water.If you use a thick layer of mulch it will be even better .I suggest using straw for mulch because of the light reflective color. I believe your veg problem is most likely your security light ,move things in the shadows. Don't give up give it another go!

midwestkid

Veteran

40degsouth

Hey Midwestkid,
No, they don’t smell like coffee, they actually smell like a beautiful red rose my father used to grow. I think the name came from the original breeder, Pacific North West Roots and it was called “Kaya’s Koffee”. From memory, the f3’s were gifted to Nick and Lizz, from Greensource Gardens and line worked to the f8’s that I was lucky enough to get into the library.
They were easy to grow, early and resistant to the leaf spot disease l get here, as well as mould……very nice plants.
If you’re looking for coffee terps the Blackdog s1’s, 2012 selection have very strong coffee aromas after a good cure. I believe this comes from the Bubba in the mix and from what I’ve heard, the Bubba has very strong coffee smells.
Maybe someone who’s actually grown the clone might chime in and give us an educated opinion.
Anyway midwestkid, hope this helps.
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just Sativa Candy Chunk IBL this year my F15 this year!

Seed planted May 4 and a few more may 12. Got plenty of Healthy Grow chicken manure mix and cotton seed meal. Will likely mulch in early july, once some males are pulled.

Waiting a year or so to grow the CBD hemp. Too risky since I can buy it any way. Saving the seed for planting in the next couple years hopefully.

Shots from today! Had some excessive rain yesterday and today. Totaled over 2 inches over a long period of time!

Cleared the plot yesterday in between and during a torential rain so it would dry out better. Found 2 volunteer plants about 1 foot tall. Volunteers I had been watching since early March when they germinated, they made it though temps in the upper 20's F a couple times! Pinched the tops, and we're off to the races!

full

full

full

full

revegeta666

Just Sativa Candy Chunk IBL this year my F15 this year!

Seed planted May 4 and a few more may 12. Got plenty of Healthy Grow chicken manure mix and cotton seed meal. Will likely mulch in early july, once some males are pulled.

Waiting a year or so to grow the CBD hemp. Too risky since I can buy it any way. Saving the seed for planting in the next couple years hopefully.

Shots from today! Had some excessive rain yesterday and today. Totaled over 2 inches over a long period of time!

Cleared the plot yesterday in between and during a torential rain so it would dry out better. Found 2 volunteer plants about 1 foot tall. Volunteers I had been watching since early March when they germinated, they made it though temps in the upper 20's F a couple times! Pinched the tops, and we're off to the races!

full

full

full

full
Good to see you man! F15 that's some serious commitment! Best of luck for this season. How are the doggos?

Hiddenjems

I’ve grown literally hundreds of lbs of indoor over my life, but have yet to finish a single plant outside.

Where I live it always gets into the 50’s and raining all the time right when the plants are filling out, mold city.

Any advice on strains and techniques from others in the upper Ohio river valley?

Old Piney

I’ve grown literally hundreds of lbs of indoor over my life, but have yet to finish a single plant outside.

Where I live it always gets into the 50’s and raining all the time right when the plants are filling out, mold city.

Any advice on strains and techniques from others in the upper Ohio river valley?
I'm in central NJ with whether not all that different than yours .I've grown many different varieties and had problems with gray mold around harvest time .What I've found is almost all the mold is caused by caterpillar damage, To be specific cabbageworm. The adult butterflies are white and lay eggs on the developing buds. If you keep a close eye you'll see tiny little inch worms crawling on them. At this stage they can easily be controlled by spraying Bt ( Bacillus thuringiensis) it's a bacteria certified organic control , One or maybe two sprays dose it for me.Once they they dig in it's all over they will kill part of the bud and start the rot . I It's also important to be sure there isn't any other dead leaves from the plant or even just from the trees, any decaying organic matter will start the rot .Since I've figured this out I've had little problem with the rot.Yes some strains are a bit more resistant but grow what you like , give it a go throw a few plants in the ground !

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the advice, Old Piney! I pick out the caterpillars, I scout for dead leaves which indicates a caterpillar and get him before he goes back in the bud.

Dogs are doing great. Bonnie the miniature dachshund just recovered from a pinched nerve in the neck using CBD hemp oil 1000 mg! Going to have to keep her on it. She loves the flavor. Wiley is still doing well. Walking and getting old, so the arthritis is limiting but he makes the best of it. Leroy passed away a few weeks ago with spleen cancer. It was sudden so thankfully it didn't go on too long. Have him buried out not far from the garden.

Looks like its going to dry out enough this weekend for planting! Going for 9 footers again this year! Plants are on the move now! :smoke:

Old Piney

Thanks for the advice, Old Piney! I pick out the caterpillars, I scout for dead leaves which indicates a caterpillar and get him before he goes back in the bud.

Dogs are doing great. Bonnie the miniature dachshund just recovered from a pinched nerve in the neck using CBD hemp oil 1000 mg! Going to have to keep her on it. She loves the flavor. Wiley is still doing well. Walking and getting old, so the arthritis is limiting but he makes the best of it. Leroy passed away a few weeks ago with spleen cancer. It was sudden so thankfully it didn't go on too long. Have him buried out not far from the garden.

Looks like its going to dry out enough this weekend for planting! Going for 9 footers again this year! Plants are on the move now! :smoke:
That's good for one or two but I'm up against dozen of the little bastards per plant I'd be picking the plant to pieces .By the time I see the dead leaves the damage is done and the rot is going mad. I end up with a moldy mess , that's if growing in crazy wet conditions. But you are correct the leaves dying with the stem wilting first is the signal that your screwed by the bastards and they are dug in

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts