What's new

NEED INFO ON AE77CALIO PLANTS

kushhead

hey peeps ive got some ae77calio plants that are 2 weeks in flower at 3 ft & they are all female?? are these fem seeds as it didnt say so on the package i got from a breeder friend of mine... this is one of the few strains that i dont know the complete background on so can someone tell me exactly what im growing?? i have a couple different phenos but what exactly is this shit?? i know its got cali-o in it & we all know thats some good bud thats been around forever but what is ae77? i heard someone talking about these & said there is some special pheno i need to look for?? is that the more indy pheno as i have a more indy pheno 1-2 plants & the rest are real sativa lookin! crazy lookin leaves,kinda old school 70's lookin shit to me..help plz

I'm pretty sure AE77 is a clone only elite cut of cali-o. The seed phenos probably will vary alot, and most likely you will not find the true AE77 pheno as every pheno varies slightly. No one will be able to tell you if they are female seeds, but if all of the plants ended up female and you grew a good amount of plants, it's safe to assume they most likely are female seeds. I'm not sure what pheno to look for, but it doesn't much matter as your not going to find the AE77 pheno to begin with unless you have extremely lucky odds. I'd just pick a mother as you normally would, whatever you think fits you best. I believe the AE77 cut is a mix of sativa/indica anyways so it would be very hard to narrow down what pheno it could be.

neongreen

Veteran
As SweetIndica2 said, it is a clone only elite cut...

Chances are what you got were selfed (S1) seeds. If this is the case, they will probably turn out much like other S1s made from the same cut. A couple of years back CCC (The Classic Clone Company) released AE77 S1s, and there have probably been plenty of S1s made by private breeders. I have a few of the CCC S1s, but my test grow (1 plant) was not done under very good conditions, and I think could have come out allot better, so I can't really comment on how good the genetics are!

Here's some info I have saved:

Aeric77 was one of the first members here (OG) back in 1999. He was the holder of the real deal California Orange clone (no seeds can match the purity, seeds are all hybrids) and the clone is now called Aeric77 Cali-O, as reference for originality. He was responsible for preserving and passing it along to a few members, then they passed it on to a few & so on...and so on. It's fairly certain he obtained it from people in Nor. Cal. He was arrested by the DEA back in December of 2000 and there were auctions and fund raisers held for him, etc

The cut came from N. Cali (Emerald Triangle area), selected around 1980-83 from alot of other plants from the same seed batch. Its most likely certain that this is the same family of genes that the original Seed Bank in A'dam later sold seeds of back in the late 1980s.

However, this one was the best of the best. Specially selected for its strong, tang-like orange flavor, and its up and pleasing social high as well as a good yield. This is THE Cali-O that sets way too high a mark for any other orange genetics "from Cali" to come close to. Some breeders have tried, but no one can come close unless they have the actual A77 cut.

There were a couple of minor variations in phenos but all of them showed the trademark double serrated fan leaf edges and every one had the trademark orange scent, it was just stronger in some than in others. I should mention that seeing the double serrated edges on the Calio fan leaves seems to be another early indicator of sexual maturity.

it's going to be like any other plant you grow. You'll see the double serrated edges first, then alternating nodes on the main stem. That's when I consider them to be sexually mature. As with any plant, you may find that growing out clones of the original seed plants will be better still. It just gives the plant longer reach it's full genetic potential.

If you have the space, I like to veg for 7-8 weeks and then flower for 7-8 weeks. Gives you a really nice yeild of orange scented buds.

Calio is actually a fairly forgiving plant compared to a lot I've grown. In my experience, she likes light, she's a medium feeder and she really can be taken at 7 weeks of flowering with very satisfying results.

No special treatment. They were grown in DWC using straight GH nutes with normal tds and pH. Calio is a fairly forgiving plant and is very easy to grow.

I just had the pleasure of sampling 7 S1s. All were very high quality but there were some noticable phenotypes. 2 were very fruity smelling, and very high producers. 3 were more dank smelling, more on the skunk side, good producers, and very potent. The last 2 smelled more barnyard/fresh hay, and did not produce as well as the others.

I would label the first 2 very fruity (orange) selling as "Turbo Calio" phenos. The hits are smooth and sweet, and there is a strong orange finish. More orangey than the mom. The effects of the stone are immediate and extremely clear, much like genius, but tastier.

This is no joke - yesterday I hit a spoon of "Turbo" on my way to the airport and when I sohowed up for my business meeting 7 hours later, I was still aware that I was stoned...(no, my teeth didn't get stoned, but my head did).

The dank three were more like the mom, and were excellent frosty plants.

Calio will double size in flowering, if vegged 4+ weeks. Depends on how long you want to flower em

Calio S1
CCC.02
$US100.00
Temporarily Sold Out

Indoor

Selfed seeds of the legendary AE77 Calio clone. These Calio S1 seeds have shown to be very faithful to their parent plant with the same great orange smell and taste and the nice "up" high. Combine those pluses with a plant that can be taken at 7 weeks of flowering, is easy to grow and clone and you have what many consider a nearly perfect strain. Once the seed plants reach sexual maturity, they exhibit the same double serrated edge fan leaves as the AE77 clone, a sure sign of the lengendary clone. Yeild is excellent when sufficient veg time is allowed. Nice, oily buds with the heavenly orange scent and taste of their Mama. A keeper in everyone's garden of those who have been fortunate enough to get her.

Specifications: ~ Flowering: 49-56 days ~ (12 seeds)

Edit: Oops - posted reports for Bubba Kush S1s. Have deleted them. Also added breeders description.

Last edited:
Yea, s1's can produce some nice plants but usually not the quality that would be on par with the AE77 cut. How many plants did you grow kushhead? and how many females did you get? If they were all female, then most likely they are S1's. If you did get some males, then they aren't S1's which IMO would be kind of sketchy, considering it would be a hybrid, not selfed from an AE77 clone.

Hey everybody, I'm new on here, and the AE77 is the main reason I signed up here.
I used to have it from 2001-2004, but moving led me to lose it. I didn't know at the time how lucky I was! I have tried a couple calio varieties and orange bud as well, but nothing has even come close. I didn't even know what to look for until yesterday (AE77) and now I am very excited to try and find this strain again. Anybody that has any idea where to look please help me out!!!! Thanks in advance. Clones or S1 seeds would be amazing!

Csi Humboldt has cali - o ae77 s1 seeds
Hey everybody, I'm new on here, and the AE77 is the main reason I signed up here.
I used to have it from 2001-2004, but moving led me to lose it. I didn't know at the time how lucky I was! I have tried a couple calio varieties and orange bud as well, but nothing has even come close. I didn't even know what to look for until yesterday (AE77) and now I am very excited to try and find this strain again. Anybody that has any idea where to look please help me out!!!! Thanks in advance. Clones or S1 seeds would be amazing