What's new

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

Maria Sanchez

Lovely ninja adventures of Bat girl 😍

Looks funny the way the bats are all lined up along the edges.
I assume that's where they can best hock in their lil claws.

More bat pics always appreciated...
Yeah, I think that's how they the get a grip on the ceiling or wall.
If you look close, a few of them are just hanging from nowhere.

I was thinking about more bat pics, but to be honest,
I walk through there with my head down, keeping a low profile,
and try to avoid being hit if they're flying around.
Let's see if a better opportunity presents itself.

Maria Sanchez

i like your approach to guerrilla growing, more like revolutionary guerrilla than just hiding a few behind brambles. Nice choice of genetics too. Plants should also learn to adapt to situations, rough conditions pushes their defenses to some extent, trichomes and terps, and they appreciate it more when getting help with food and protection. Maybe they won't look like shiny roses in posh ultra controlled environments, but who cares, they're not for decoration.

Thanks for the kind words!
The garden does have a little post-apocolyptic feel to it, abandoned buildings and all.
The genetics are courtesy of OJD -- a prize from one of his competitions.
But these kinds of plants are more like where I come from than heavy indicas and the modern popular strains.
I used to grow indoors, in the 90s, and it certainly makes for prettier buds.
But in the end, when it's burning in the bong, who cares what it looks like?!?!

Wild dogs are a bit of concern, I'd worry about those.

Maybe I should say "stray dogs".
They barked when I first appeared, probably out of surprise, because there sure aren't any other humans that go into that area.
But when I stood my ground and made a bit of noise, they quickly moved out.
Their barking was just barking, no real aggression at all.
First time I've seen them there, too.
I think they may have been sheltering from the rain.
No, wait, second time -- saw them there a long time ago when I was scoping out garden sites.
I keep safe --- but I also know very well, that if you run from a pack of dogs like this, they'll chase you more.
Then it's Maria being chased by dogs through the dark bat cave.
No, that doesn't sound like fun at all!

Bats I don't know, they seem cool enough. The ones in my area are like tiny mice and you can see them in few numbers hunting bugs at dusk. Some locals say they might carry the rabies, just to scare children, since there's a total of zero cases of people infected with bat rabies in all the years I've been here.
Best luck with them.

These are a lot lot bigger than mice!!!
40 cm wingspans at a guess.
Never heard of any bad cases of such things around here, either.
Still, will keep my distance.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Lovely Horror ninja adventures of Bat girl :eek:
:biggrin: :smokey:

357876.jpg

You know i'm a passionate bat guano grower for many years!? Cannabis plants really like that, i use it to mix with tomatoe vegetable soil and i never have any problems, mostly water after repotting, even in flower till the end. :) Good against bacteria and for growing roots and long term fertilizer when you use it in pellet form.

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

:biggrin: :smokey:

View attachment 18997360

You know i'm a passionate bat guano grower for many years!? Cannabis plants really like that, i use it to mix with tomatoe vegetable soil and i never have any problems, mostly water after repotting, even in flower till the end. :) Good against bacteria and for growing roots and long term fertilizer when you use it in pellet form.
Don't jinx me! I'll send my bats to your house... :p
I know it's good, just safety first, that's all.

Nexus7

Hi Maria,

Apologies I lost track of your thread ...

Congratulations on the successful winter grow harvest! And all the best for the upcoming summer grow!

Well I have to say I'm also a fellow winter grow enthusiast 🙂

I hope you don't mind me a pic of my SSSTN? She's approx. 6 weeks from seed in a 5L container.

Interestingly enough I first noticed pistils on this one 32 days from seed! Similar to your big(ger) SSSTN pheno.

20240504_072307.jpg

Maria Sanchez

Hi Maria,

Apologies I lost track of your thread ...

Congratulations on the successful winter grow harvest! And all the best for the upcoming summer grow!

Well I have to say I'm also a fellow winter grow enthusiast 🙂

I hope you don't mind me a pic of my SSSTN? She's approx. 6 weeks from seed in a 5L container.

Interestingly enough I first noticed pistils on this one 32 days from seed! Similar to your big(ger) SSSTN pheno.

View attachment 18997629
Hey there @Nexus7 !
I noticed you were reading through the journal.
Your SSSTN is simply beautiful -- I imagine the stretch is only just starting on her, right?
It seems that one month + is the standard for them around 12/12 or so.
Are you going to pot her up later, maybe after the stretch is done?

Tell me more?! Did you start her late March? So she's been at 12/12 (give or take) since birth?
How do you run your winter grows? What latitude and light hours? When do you start and finish long sativas and hazes like the SSSTN??

Nexus7

Yes she's just starting to stretch now ... it was indeed a late March start here so flowering time from birth.

A pure Sativa can start to flower early March here with enough veg time and harvest time is normally June or July even.

Normally I start my winter grows after I harvest my last Sativa in May/June and harvest them around September.

I'm in the Southern hemisphere in a koppen Csa zone and use the help of a greenhouse to make it all happen.

I don't normally bother with the light hours outdoors but usually just keep a "flower calendar" where I keep track of sow, pre-flower, flower and harvest times for a particular plant or strain.

This one I plan to keep in the small pot to hopefully expedite the flowering time but definitely could do with a larger container.

Maria Sanchez

Yes she's just starting to stretch now ... it was indeed a late March start here so flowering time from birth.

A pure Sativa can start to flower early March here with enough veg time and harvest time is normally June or July even.

Normally I start my winter grows after I harvest my last Sativa in May/June and harvest them around September.

I'm in the Southern hemisphere in a koppen Csa zone and use the help of a greenhouse to make it all happen.

I don't normally bother with the light hours outdoors but usually just keep a "flower calendar" where I keep track of sow, pre-flower, flower and harvest times for a particular plant or strain.

This one I plan to keep in the small pot to hopefully expedite the flowering time but definitely could do with a larger container.
Thanks for sharing!
Similar to me, just the other hemisphere, and I don't need a greenhouse (though it wouldn't hurt in winter here -- but, guerilla grow, isn't going to happen!)
At least you have a dry season!
All the best.

Maria Sanchez

Double post, so I'll write something else...

Weather picked up a lot. Sun has been out, though with clouds, and fairly warm/hot, high 20s C up to 30C.
Humidity still fairly high, so not sure how the pots will do for watering.
More sun and cloudy up to this weekend, mid to high 20s C.
Nice!
But must get to watering and feeding them by this weekend!!

Last edited: