What's new

Humidity

kevinn

I am growing in a 4 x 4 tent with 6" extraction fan and plenty of air movement in tent. Having trouble keeping humidity down. Humidity in room feeding tent is 45 and humidity before watering in tent is 50. Watering when lights come on but after lights go off it jumps to 60-65. Growing in 5 gal cloth pots (pro mix). Do not think I am over watering because no drainage from pots but each plant is taking 1.75 gal. But have never used cloth pots or this tent before. Any suggestions ????

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am growing in a 4 x 4 tent with 6" extraction fan and plenty of air movement in tent. Having trouble keeping humidity down. Humidity in room feeding tent is 45 and humidity before watering in tent is 50. Watering when lights come on but after lights go off it jumps to 60-65. Growing in 5 gal cloth pots (pro mix). Do not think I am over watering because no drainage from pots but each plant is taking 1.75 gal. But have never used cloth pots or this tent before. Any suggestions ????
Run your fans at all times. Make sure there is no runoff left in the drain trays. You may need to buy a dehumidifier to run at night. Also sometimes the hydro meters will give false readings so always use more the one to keep them in check.

207_Tony

I run a 4x4 w/ 6" exhaust as well. I run a dehumidifier in flower at all times to regulate RH to 50% or lower. I actually run it on the outside of the tent and it works great. Depending on the size of your space and dehumidifier, you may need to run it inside the tent. I'd try both ways and see what gets you the proper result.

kevinn

I run a 4x4 w/ 6" exhaust as well. I run a dehumidifier in flower at all times to regulate RH to 50% or lower. I actually run it on the outside of the tent and it works great. Depending on the size of your space and dehumidifier, you may need to run it inside the tent. I'd try both ways and see what gets you the proper result.
Going to give it a try outside tent first. How big of air inlet to tent do you have ??? Thanks

207_Tony

Going to give it a try outside tent first. How big of air inlet to tent do you have ??? Thanks
I've got a 6" ducting hose in one of the bottom ports as my intake. I put a piece of breathable fabric over the end to keep out dust and potential pests.