What's new

Fat Sativa Little Room- Help Wanted

hamstring

Veteran
A little word play off of, "fat man little jacket" .

I am doing a pheno hunt on some reg seeds of Moonshine haze. I have 9 seedlings out of 11 seeds. My grow room is tiny. I use a 36" X 36" screen and my head height to the floor is around 54 inches. I probably have total space of 40" x 40" X 56". I think I may be taking on more than I can handle is this grow space so looking for advice.

1. I have read some things about running 12/12 from seed and switching to 11/13 for flowering correct?

2. Its a pheno hunt so do I take clones during the 12/12?
Wait until they show sex then take clones?
Wait and do a reveg?

3. It takes approx 6 weeks for most strains to show sex so I thought I would move to 1 gal pots until they are sexed and then move to 3 gal pots for finial flower. Does that make sense?

4. Do I simply try and train the remaining females in the screen or will I be topping also?

thumb_IMG_2017_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2016_1024.jpg

limegreenlimey

1 & 3. Yes you can run from 12-12 at the start but if you do this, perhaps run with one pot from the start or early also and not repot.

2. You can take clones at any time after they start branching and in general it is easier just before or as they start to go into flowering, from branches closer to the soil/roots.

4. If you are using a screen to scrog it is usually to top the plants or lst from early in their development.

I am not sure about using a screen for this grow because you lack sq footage. Interested to read what others say. I would run them from the start at 12/12 in 2 gallon pots and not top or lst or scrog them and reduce to 11/13 a month into the grow. I would trim off the bottom third of the branches as they show sex and use these branches for cuttings. Label them well! Just run them to the end. 56" is very low for haze so I can see why you want to use a screen so perhaps it is worth it but you only have room for 4 plants at most in there... Tricky!

limegreenlimey

Thanks Limey for the advice.
No worries. A correction... I meant to write: switch to 11/13 one month before you expect to harvest not "one month into the grow". The shortened hours should encourage the flowers to ripen.

I'll be interested to see how this grow goes, if you post updates.