What's new

Connoisseur's Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze Mix

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hi Folks

I bought a pack of these last year and have run a couple outside and currently one left inside in my 100 watt cab. Its actually 150 watt but runs at about 75% cause of the heat.

The seeds came promptly and numbered close to 20 feminized SSSDH Mix seeds. The order also came with over 15 freebie feminized Casey Jones Mix seeds too, so I have fems to burn, cheers OJD.
scrog reload.jpg

this is the scrog reloaded with my cultivar in the left and two of OJD's SSSDH mix on the right, three plants in total at this stage, this was flipped 26.4.23 (or close to) and this photo taken 7 May 2023.
Three weeks later on 31 May 2023 I awoke to this....haha
get me out of here man.jpg

So the wheaty looking SSSDH Mix plant decided at this stage that she is too big to live inside anymore, so I thought I might take her out (if I can)....
Soooo.....
get out lady.jpg

Once she came out it was hard to see how she was fitting in there, well I guess really she wasn't. I thought if I didn't take her out there could be a calamity of humidity and I also kept bruising her delicate tops on the light due to her hitting the light everyday for two weeks....
So now Ms Wheaty is going to finish out on the driveway if we get a nice mild el nino winter......so far so good.....
wheaty on driveway.jpg

Patiently hiding between the basil and the jalapenos, I'm at about 32 South so it doesn't ever freeze, she can finish off a little bit more anyway...
wheaty driveway close up.jpg

More to follow :tiphat:

Attachments

• scrog reload.jpg
    scrog reload.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 74

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
I did also grow a couple of these outside in the bush...
SSSDH Mix OD.jpg

This is the same wheaty pheno that I cloned grew inside and is now out on the driveway finishing in the cold winter, here she is amongst the gum trees....
She finished looking like this......
Grinner pheno dried.jpg

The phenos ranged from these wheaty ones to more standard sativa looking plants...
SSSDH other chunky one.jpg

These chunkier ones were coated....
SSSDH outdoor close up bud.jpg

cheers Y'all :alien:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did also grow a couple of these outside in the bush...
View attachment 18853463
This is the same wheaty pheno that I cloned grew inside and is now out on the driveway finishing in the cold winter, here she is amongst the gum trees....
She finished looking like this......
View attachment 18853468
The phenos ranged from these wheaty ones to more standard sativa looking plants...
View attachment 18853469
These chunkier ones were coated....
View attachment 18853470
cheers Y'all :alien:
Nice report bro

The wheat pheno you call is Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone x SSSDH and can produce what I call the Gringspoon type pheno, single calyxs with near pure Sativa High and amazing exotic taste.
Defo not for everyone as yield is not great but if you love exotic Sativas you will love it.

How was the taste High ? , any good or not anything special, this pheno is defo not for some but will definitely please others , my crew love it just not easy or practical for alot of Normal growers

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Awesome OJD, I was hoping you might chime in and shed some info on the pollen donor, man I am stoked that this is the Swiss Thai Nevil as the donor...on the grinspoon pheno at least....

I am going to do a detailed smoke report in the near future...I just took a whiff of MIss Swiss Thai Nevil out on thew driveway, the smell is very strong, just squashing a calyx emitted a strong fruity terpene profile....

Early smoke reveals a really nice functional and relaxing high, with little to no lethargy....good duration and no edge to speak of...
SSSDH Mix  following thru flower.jpg

Here is the last SSSDH left in the cab (all to herself). We will follow this lady as she matures over the next (and I am guessing) 5 weeks.....
Cab SSSDH to follow.jpg

and
last cab off the rank.jpg

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
How was the taste High ? , any good or not anything special, this pheno is defo not for some but will definitely please others , my crew love it just not easy or practical for alot of Normal growers
Yeah mate I like the high...its the one I reach for most often especially if I want to do stuff....practicalities aside I have never had a grinspoon pheno before....I would say they must be absolutely bullet proof outside, I know the few I put out in the bush had zero issues of any description....strong plants that clone like a dream, as in no dome, just jammed in the dirt....
wheaty and tarp.jpg

Cheers

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Smoke Report

Grinspoon pheno pollen donor was Swiss Nevil

Five mins later I feel it…its very relaxing but importantly it doesn’t impede you getting stuff done. I have found at other times this to be really nice guitar playing weed….i don’t play often but ive hit this a couple of times and its made me pick up the guitar….that’s a cool effect IMO.

Taste was non descript due to my growing…

Smell – some haze have a fruity smell maybe its that sour apple kind of smell, but it’s quite pronounced on the skinny plant, she smells like other hazes I have grown, to me it’s a bit of a sickly smell, like something is too sweet.

A few more minutes in and this is a bit stronger and has been settling down sitting in the jar for a few weeks since I tried it earlier on. Its hitting me pretty good behind the eyes

Had to go for a walk…

Great scenery, I'm lucky where I live, this is nice nature weed and provokes nice thoughts and appreciation of surroundings…the fact I had to go for a walk after a hard day on the wheelbarrow attests to its energy, though it doesn’t seem rushy, there is still a nice relaxing vibe….

So got back from the walk now I feel up to up potting the next clone for the cab…chilled pragmatism lol.

This is nice weed and yeah the yields are weird because in a way I couldn’t imagine being able to sell it because it looks so funny and an ounce of it fills up a shopping bag…

The outside plant of this I grew yielded maybe an ounce of this but it will take more than a little while to get through it, it would last ages compared to a standard oz. its pretty much calyx on calyx, no bud structure to speak of…

So I got thru the uppot too so I can get shit done on this stuff but its still quite satisfying in that I could also sit down and watch something on this herb and without falling asleep, which is also Important to me….im fuking tired enough without getting that from the weed…

I would say this is good for creative endevours….walking around the noise from the birds was augmented and I was noticing sounds from many different directions and even noticing the stereo field as birds flew from one side of me to the other.

Three hours later had nutha bong….sweet spot again…this is cool.one more bong and I pass out sleeping from 8pm to 5am…

The next day I try another plant, pollen donor unknown with a more normal looking bud structure.

….two mins in I'm already feeling this…feeling again like doing something, so I go into the garden.. its winter but the sun is shining. I sit out on the driveway in the sun for an hour or so having a beer….this again is really nice stuff…relaxing but not tiresome. Had a nice evening with our evening meal being really enjoyable after being so nicely ripped all afternoon

While both plants aren’t tiresome, they are felt hard behind the eyes and have a general stony feeling too…that’s part of the relaxing but functional aspect which I am enjoying….

Skinny grinny is the favourite so far (but both are enjoyable and good and kind) and I am excited to have her plant backed up and already crossed to an OHaze male…. I may look for a male in that lot to go back to the skinny grinny.

One thing I also enjoy about this skinny pheno is that its actually very stealthy, it does smell if you brush it and squeeze it but it shines in being incognito…she is standing on my driveway in amongst the basil and peppers totally oblivious to my neighbours (thank fuk)….maybe @crunkyeah could use her with his weedy freaks…if one were to remove the larger fans there is nothing to indicate her pedigree…

Overall I think OJD has done a stellar job with these mix plants and with 20 of the suckers in the mix pack I think they’re better value than most. They grow vigorously and fast, clone easy, no mould or pests and nice functional and nice feeling weed.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke Report

Grinspoon pheno pollen donor was Swiss Nevil

Five mins later I feel it…its very relaxing but importantly it doesn’t impede you getting stuff done. I have found at other times this to be really nice guitar playing weed….i don’t play often but ive hit this a couple of times and its made me pick up the guitar….that’s a cool effect IMO.

Taste was non descript due to my growing…

Smell – some haze have a fruity smell maybe its that sour apple kind of smell, but it’s quite pronounced on the skinny plant, she smells like other hazes I have grown, to me it’s a bit of a sickly smell, like something is too sweet.

A few more minutes in and this is a bit stronger and has been settling down sitting in the jar for a few weeks since I tried it earlier on. Its hitting me pretty good behind the eyes

Had to go for a walk…

Great scenery, I'm lucky where I live, this is nice nature weed and provokes nice thoughts and appreciation of surroundings…the fact I had to go for a walk after a hard day on the wheelbarrow attests to its energy, though it doesn’t seem rushy, there is still a nice relaxing vibe….

So got back from the walk now I feel up to up potting the next clone for the cab…chilled pragmatism lol.

This is nice weed and yeah the yields are weird because in a way I couldn’t imagine being able to sell it because it looks so funny and an ounce of it fills up a shopping bag…

The outside plant of this I grew yielded maybe an ounce of this but it will take more than a little while to get through it, it would last ages compared to a standard oz. its pretty much calyx on calyx, no bud structure to speak of…

So I got thru the uppot too so I can get shit done on this stuff but its still quite satisfying in that I could also sit down and watch something on this herb and without falling asleep, which is also Important to me….im fuking tired enough without getting that from the weed…

I would say this is good for creative endevours….walking around the noise from the birds was augmented and I was noticing sounds from many different directions and even noticing the stereo field as birds flew from one side of me to the other.

Three hours later had nutha bong….sweet spot again…this is cool.one more bong and I pass out sleeping from 8pm to 5am…

The next day I try another plant, pollen donor unknown with a more normal looking bud structure.

….two mins in I'm already feeling this…feeling again like doing something, so I go into the garden.. its winter but the sun is shining. I sit out on the driveway in the sun for an hour or so having a beer….this again is really nice stuff…relaxing but not tiresome. Had a nice evening with our evening meal being really enjoyable after being so nicely ripped all afternoon

While both plants aren’t tiresome, they are felt hard behind the eyes and have a general stony feeling too…that’s part of the relaxing but functional aspect which I am enjoying….

Skinny grinny is the favourite so far (but both are enjoyable and good and kind) and I am excited to have her plant backed up and already crossed to an OHaze male…. I may look for a male in that lot to go back to the skinny grinny.

One thing I also enjoy about this skinny pheno is that its actually very stealthy, it does smell if you brush it and squeeze it but it shines in being incognito…she is standing on my driveway in amongst the basil and peppers totally oblivious to my neighbours (thank fuk)….maybe @crunkyeah could use her with his weedy freaks…if one were to remove the larger fans there is nothing to indicate her pedigree…

Overall I think OJD has done a stellar job with these mix plants and with 20 of the suckers in the mix pack I think they’re better value than most. They grow vigorously and fast, clone easy, no mould or pests and nice functional and nice feeling weed.
Apologies for slow reply but great detailed report bro , the Pearl/Gringspoon pheno is maybe the least practical/Favourite pheno of the Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil for most because of yield but we love it , very unique

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

Free Casey Jones Fem mix ( 20 Fems) or SSSDH Fem mix ( 20 Fems) of your choice for any icmag.com member with every pack Ordered.
Email me for info
I've been looking for Chemmy Jones and am growing 2 plants now from the mixed 20 pack of Casey Jones. You wouldn't have any Chemmy would you? Also do you still have the Casey Jones mix packs? I'm pretty impressed with the 2 I'm growing now. Thanks.
WIN_20240302_19_55_41_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240302_19_57_30_Pro.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great , nice colas.
Casey Jones and the Casey Jones hybrids yield really good.

No not offering Chemmy Jones currently , I will work it again later in the year from Chemmy Jones Regular seeds.

Yes the Casey Jones mix packs are still available.

PadawanWarrior

Looking great , nice colas.
Casey Jones and the Casey Jones hybrids yield really good.

No not offering Chemmy Jones currently , I will work it again later in the year from Chemmy Jones Regular seeds.

Yes the Casey Jones mix packs are still available.
Nice. I totally want to get some Connoisseur from you. I'm not able to DM you. Probably because I'm a new member here. Are you still offering the 20 Casey Jones Mix pack free with an order? If so what would you recommend for the pack to buy? I'll also be watching for your Chemmy Jones project when you get it finished. Thanks man. :)

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

@Cakeboy -- nice job with the SSSTN wheaty / Grinspoon lady.
I saw those first pics and thought is must be the SSSTN, and OJD confirmed it.
The aromas you get are so much like mine, fruity and sickly sweet.
Waiting for mine to cure a bit to give her more punch.

Last edited: