What's new

Change in smell

clearcutter

I have some XXXtra Skunk that has been cureing for about 3 days. I let it hang for a week, then put it into a paper bag for a couple days, opening the bag and moving around the bud each day, then into a jar for cureing. I open the jar once or twice a day for about 20 minutes and move the buds around and spread them out.

Up untill today the bud had a strong fruity/skunky smell, but now it smells like hay. And the smell isn't as strong as before.

Is this normal, or should i be worried about mildew, and mold?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
usually, mold smells like cat PP. it may depend on the type of mold.
you may need to let it dry a little more befor putting it in jars.

on my last grow, my bud did not have any smell,but after curing for about a month it had a real nice smell. theres a thread on it in the harvesting section.

I'm sure someone with more experience with skunk will chime in soon:D

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Usually in my experience, the buds tend to loose any smell they had, in like 3-4 weeks they'll gain it back better than ever. I had some Nirv NL x Haze that i harvested, it smelled amazing. The soon after beginning to cure the buds began to smell like a bag of fresh lawn clippings, but then after a good long cure, the original smell was back but on a completely different intoxicating scale.

bartender187:D

full time daddy
Veteran
if its mildew it was on the bud befor hand mold is what i would worry about. not that i know i a noob to ... just from what iv read

yeap

yeap

I agree wif bartender there.
Every cure ive done (mostly indica's) have seemed to have lost the dank smell in substitute for almost no smell or a hay/grass like smell then slowly change around again on the home stretch of the cure. Funny how it does that but nothing to worry about i dont think. It soundsa as if your doing the right thing with your methods so id say just give it a little more curing time.

Best of luck,
Leeroy

Latest posts

Latest posts