What's new

Calle‘s Minigrow - Soma‘s AH F2 - Flowerday 54

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Still upside down.

Intake and extake holes are finish and the hole for the LED Cable as well..

IMG_7163.jpeg

7 Seeds of Somas Amnesia Haze F2 are already in the water :)

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
I just glued 4 pins for the LED. Not perfect but I guess it will work. We will see :)

Tommorow morning I will place the snail pipe and install the lamp. Unfortunately I am out the hole day. But maybe I can test a few hours to see how the Temperatur will be without any air exchange.
I need to burry the seeds as well and place them under e27 or so. Target is to have on Thursday first 18 h cycle in the box :)

IMG_7202.jpeg IMG_7203.jpeg

I forgot to emphasize that I need to bring electricity in the target room as well xD there is only two phase shit :ROFLMAO:

oldmaninbc

My inline fan and carbon filter are on the outside of my tent. Where my 4"/10cm exhaust line leaves the inside of the tent it is covered with a women's nylon sock. It prevents a build up of dust from covering the charcoal inside the filter, which would prevent the filter from working as it should.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Thanks for your intention.

Ok I will deep dive on perfect temps :) I thought it would be nice at this temp. Haha. Let’s see - but seems like I am able to set a nice climate in the box though.

Hope I can grab 3 Girls and a resinous male xD

Yesterday I tried the new arrived rose pots IMG_7272.jpeg . They fit like…. :)

Have a nice Sunday all together - Wake and Bake time.

Ca++

Go Calle 🥳

Would love to see pics of your build!

Hm, I get the impression the air system is being made more difficult than it would have to be, but that's just my 2 cents...

Still think this fan would be a good choice

I had the larger version (125mm) running for a good year. It ran with little noise and I've had no problems with it.

If this fan (100mm version) still seems to strong for you, then you just put a little! light foam in the exhaust pipe to block some airflow.
Getting it right does take some thought though. You can run with a filter off the shelf, and that choice knocks on to needing another enclosure for it. It also suggests a 100mm fan, like you show. Then 100mm duct to the freezer, which is sealed, so now needs a 100mm inlet. The fan is designed for 1.5 meter straight duct runs. It's not going to suck air through without them 100mm holes, and the attention to light leaks that will perhaps mean a 3rd enclosure. The contact time for the carbon is going to be high, but the flow so low that there isn't the turbulence. It's all a bit big, and that brings problems. Mostly caused by the fan not being able to suck well enough. It's the wrong fan. But it's a balance of how demanding you are, and how much effort you want to make. It will work if you meet the demands it places on everything else. Though the carbon being too big can't be helped. Ideally you would fit a sleeve over half, then next year, the other half. Making two smaller filters out of it. This fan will probably not allow that though.

Using the right fan:
Cheaper
Smaller ducting
Less noise
Improve filter life and performance.
Negatives:
Needs thinking about.

This 30w blower costs less, and offers speed control.
That could stick to the roof inside the freezer, which is a good sound insulated box. It's 30mm deep, so will find a space. It's got loads more pressure, so you can have a filtered inlet of smaller diameter. Then it will pipe out to a carbon, that could be half sleeved to reduce it's effective size. I would probably sleeve two thirds, and get to use it 3 times.

Under using a filter will wear it out near the pipe spigot, while air comes in so slow at the far end, that it can dodge the carbon.

I realise this isn't fan 101, and that 50 years of growing, might not get some to this level of understanding. I'm just sharing what I feel relivant. Ultimately someone might buy a 315 and similate high altitudes. That could be good to watch, but ultimately we all listen to the host of advice availble, then decide for ourselves.

Edit: I see something has been bought, but the link doesn't load for me.
I imagine it's not a fan like I posted, so you won't get your inlet air to come though that spiral of pipe, if that was the idea.

Last edited:

Ca++

You're getting there 👍🏼

25° at night, hmm. A bit high imho. I would aim for 19 -22° at night.

I understand a temp difference of ~3-4° between night + day is beneficial.

And maybe raise the Rh+ a bit.

Have a nice weekend :smokeit:
Did you read the work suggesting night temps, and their effects. Some was quite involved, and revolved around getting the temp back up, in the hours before lights on. When a veg plant would of woke, and a flowering plant is poised for action. Most of the work revolved around stretch reduction. It would take some finding, but I'm not concerned by the idea of a drop, after reading it all.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Needs thinking about
I will definitely do ;)

Thanks for the input. Feels like I will be best prepared for future projects. I will see the freezer as a learning and fun project and try to develope indoor skills :)

Outdoor I am already skill free haha

I installed the 3rd fan this morning. Let’s see if these small ones will work in flower…

Yeah Phenotype deviation with first leaves..

IMG_7356.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts