What's new

Bubba and Diesel

I Care

Let them rest a bit, straight ph-adjusted water for a day or 2, then assess and proceed with the spinosad in whatever label it's from.

Good luck. They're not beyond being brought back to health.
I cleared up any signs of pests, seemed to return on one leaf of NL. i did some preventative on everybody else. Then I soaked that leaf tom and bottom. 1st of the month was heavy on me so I never made it to get the dead bug. Also no signs of anything on the one I falsely suspected to introduce the issue. So they’re either from warming up here outside/inside or imported like suggested..

moose eater

Bubba and Diesel having some issues. Larger leaves are from the diesel and the smaller leaves are from the bubba. I munched on them and there’s not much flavor either so I’ve got to start doing something. View attachment 19000778
Look into phosphorous, calcium and potassium deficiencies or lock-outs and the causes.

Maybe some micro-nute issues as well.

There are good charts to interpret things with. You can find some online, or here in the Cannabis Infirmary there used to be a pretty good thread by Joe Fresh with lots of pics. Other diagnostic threads there, as well.

I Care

Diesel has responded very well to feeding. I never started a grow log, but I thing it was about 800ppm of Jacks Tomato formula as a side watering about a week ago. And the response is good for the Diesel. Still little improvement in the Bubba. The bubba in training is really liking topping and the LED veg light fixture I’ve got it under.

Bubba(s)

IMG_1681.jpeg IMG_1682.jpeg

Diesel

IMG_1679.jpeg IMG_1680.jpeg

I Care

So size wise, I’ve basically git an NL, Bubba and Diesel that are in sort of in the same place.

The NL could probably be big as a tree in the city center at Christmas with a long outdoor season. I was having suspected soil PH issues. Don’t really know what that was, but I was mostly ignoring PH in veg because things looked.. from good to okay and not striving for pure excellence. I just started assuming I had acidic soil and to just stay in the middle with water.

So I finally set up an auxiliary drain pan for flooding pots, it’s just an oil catch pan with part of a germination tray to prop the pot up off the bottom of the pan. I got a really good run off and got what seeemed to be the same water I put in as I got out. pH7.1 and 800ppm added nutrients for an 850 total. Im just rounding 50s cause that’s what comes in the ground.

Well that wasn’t going to cut it for me and may actually explain why things are a light green on a the BK and the NL. They both need water so I took some corrective action. I recycled the run off from the first measurement, filled the jug back up and added more food to get back to 800 then I lowered the PH. Did a complete flood both plants with the same recycle water poured through and then what was left from that, I used as food for the seedlings.

I think the problem I had in the big pots was related to the peat sediments flushed out before the soil settles. The roots are established in the pots and performing exactly how I want it to. That seems to be the story across the board now.

Well worth building this soil and when I get things moved around again I’ll monitor the soil for the next thread I have that goes in a new pot.

I Care

I restored the title, paranoia has polished itself out.

The diesel is super wild and out of control up on top, I don’t even know what to do about it right now. I need to take c-zeros from up top here ASAP. To be honest, I wish I knew what I was feeding this thing, but I think it’s mostly the plant and the jack’s tomato.

IMG_1767.jpeg

… and the light

Latest posts

Latest posts