What's new

Brass Capsules

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made some dry ice hash out of several varieties and the smell came through on the resin. Will be interesting to see if there is much difference in the caps. Will do that later.

When making dry ice hash using the very high density types of flower its even more important to break it up. Some of it may even remain in small chunks after a 1 minute extraction, but thats ok, sift it with the collender and throw it back in with the dry ice.

I though it was helpful to go trough the flower before hand and break it down a little bit and put it in the freezer. Seemed to shatter really well and go to dust at the end with good yield each round. Not necessary to freeze the flower beforehand, but it is more important to use plenty of dry ice with some fresh every time to get a good cold extraction.

The kief is very tastey and is good medicine on its own when topping a pipe with flower. Still keeping the best of the flower for smoke or more capsules over the summer.

Keeping the kief in the refrigerator and have the jars packed with little oxygen. Hoping it will last a long time. i think the flower has a tendency to fade, so this should preserve the medicine better. Will wait to cook the kief into batches of capsules as they are needed so they are somewhat fresh. I guess they store well in the refridgerator anyway. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I think these capsules are so effective because they are a full extract. Great way to preserve the terpenes as well as potency when making an edible based medicine. They even have some sublingual activity because its oil based.