What's new

Making albums is a pita

NEED 4 SEED

To the website admins: Can you please finally introduce a new picture upload form to upload several pics at once???
I am near to a nervous breakdown everytime I am making a new album. It keeps me literally from doing so, having to upload every pic alone!!! It's tedious!!! Will you finally arrive in the new millenium??? Good Lord....

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm gonna wager you are on mobile Need 4 Seed. But yeah on the desktop website there is selection of 5 pictures you can upload.
picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
picture.php

I'm pretty sure you can still switch to the desktop site on mobile, but it will be large and unwieldy to use.

nickman

Veteran
I don’t like the mobile version one bit...!!!... even if I’m on a cell phone I use the regular version...!!!...

And yeah, five at a time. Still kinda slow but it’ll do ...!!!...

NEED 4 SEED

No no no, I am on the desktop and I am using the 5 upload thingy. But I think it would be more useful to have one upload button, click it, then select 5 pics at once and click and done.

Right now it goes like this:
Click first button, select one pic, click done. Click 2nd button (memorizing which pic you had before), click next pic, click done etc...
With a lot of pics it gets confusing. Thats what I've tried to say.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd wager it's a vBulletin thing. Hell most forums don't even have photo hosting. And Gypsy's is pretty generous in size.

I'd like to see links to bigger pictures because I've seen more than a couple pictures I'd like to rotate through my desktop pictures. But I know that would bog the site down and limit the number of pictures one can actually upload to the servers.

It's all about balance.

BuzzBob56

I'm totally onboard with the "Need for Balance." And while the system may not function as effortlessly as desired, it does work, and supports its many, many users.

That said, I can also appreciate the challenges of picking your pics, one after the other. I have found that creative file naming on the PC helps tremendously!

For each day that I take pics, I create a new folder on the PC using a date format of YYYYMMDD; e.g. 20191218. Pics from the phone are downloaded to this folder. Within it, I create a folder called "wr" for Web-Ready.

Pics are post-processed on the PC using editing software to sharpen, rotate if needed, and to remove EXIF info. { Side-Note: Removing EXIF info will help in keeping pictures displaying with the desired orientation. } When exported for upload, they are named and sized for the web. I usually go with a Long-Edge of 1024; sometimes 2048 for greater detail.

If you are not familiar with EXIF Data, see here: What Is EXIF Data, and How Can I Remove It From My Photos?

Naming the file to be uploaded, again utilizing the date, is where I get great improvement in the process. Each pic for the day is named with the date and a plant/pic identifier; e.g. "20191218 Chem OG 1.1" for the first pic of plant #1, "20191218 Chem OG 1.2" for the second pic, etc.

Now... When using ICMag's Uploader, as you choose one pic, and then another { or anytime you are viewing a sorted list of your files }, all your pics of the day will arrange in a nicely sorted fashion; First by the date and then an alpha sort. Picking one, and then successively another and another becomes much easier!

A side-perk of naming your files on the PC is that name becomes the defaulted photo caption when uploaded. Thereby saving time in keeping your ICMag albums tidy.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I don’t like the mobile version one bit...!!!... even if I’m on a cell phone I use the regular version...!!!...

And yeah, five at a time. Still kinda slow but it’ll do ...!!!...

Me too... desktop version ftw.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Same goes, using a phone to do 5 at a time. It takes longer to strip the exif and resize them than to upload them. Putting them into the posts takes 2 tabs, one for the post and one for the album to copy and paste the IMG URL.

NEED 4 SEED

It's almost 2020. Since when do we have internet and computers? More than 20 years of internet, VR, AI and augmented reality and so forth everywhere and you still can't drag and drop pics onto an album or post...WTF

Latest posts

Latest posts