What's new

Souraid Haze TESTERS

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Sorry for the delay, folks, but ive finally gotten around to getting this test grow thread started.

Testing for Souraid Haze (Bandaid haze #7 x Sour D BX2)

These were popped beginning of August and i purposely held them back a bit due to lack of room. These are about 8 weeks from the seeds going into the paper towels.

So far the expressions are very consistent. I havent noticed much variation and they all have similar smells. One seed was crushed in the pack which gave me 11 to start with. All 11 popped vigorously but i did manage to bend 1 taproot due to human error. I didnt give up on that plant, though, i refer to it as a runt but that's because of me, not because of the particular genetics.

I plan on keeping this updated as i can as i go, but my life is pretty hectic right now.

They are starting to show sex. I have confirmed (3) females and (8) males. One of the females naturally topped itself with a fan leaf growing out the middle. It was pretty cool looking.

First up, fems. These are not numbered or cloned yet so these assigned numbers are just for differentiation at the moment.

FEM1
picture.php

FEM2
picture.php

FEM3
picture.php

"runt" - Im 75% sure this one is a male as well
picture.php

cont...

spadedNfaded

Veteran
...cont

I didnt photograph the males individually for this test, although i am looking to keep one for pollen to possible hit the Bandaid #7 cut when i have her in house.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy! Ill be back as i top, clone, transplant, etc

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OH WOW...Great to see you posting up. I knew it was coming! Bummer on the female ratio. Also, sort of exciting on the male selection, seeing as I know you appreciate a haze.

I'll have to double down on posting more pictures of the BH#7 clone. It would certainly seem to me by looking at these pictures, these plants are HYBRID.

From what I have seen other people post - the really SOUR type phenos have a sort of jagged, almost broken look - and inconsistency - to the serration pattern on the fan leaves.

I see this on a couple of the Mochiesel testers and I've been keeping a closer eye on those plants.

I see that same thing in last picture in post #2. The plant that is upfront and on the right-hand side - it has that sort of broken/inconsistency to it that I'm seeing as an indicator to what might be perhaps the keepers.

Just some thoughts. Looking forward to watching you crush the ladies. 12-18wks possible in theory given the parents. However, they look...hybrid. Very hybrid. The mom - looks much more sativa. She's thin.

In part why I'm rambling - this is NOT how I expected these plants to look... :joint:

Good to see you F.A.M. :respect:

dank.Frank

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Lovely to finally see some souraid expressions.
I’ll be following thIs one with great interest. I’ve got my eye on the second female.
Best of luck!

nickman

Veteran
Very nice plants ...!!!...
what type of light did you grow them under ???

Such big Fan leaves ..!!!..

I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Thanks for the interest everyone!

DF- that male kinda caught my eye, too. Do you have any of the BH7 pics uploaded? How's she doing?

Brother! Glad you got a seat!

Sammy, Med, Zomboy - :wave:

Nickman - Thanks :) These were started under LED bulbs, vegged a bit under an LED shoplight and recently moved to a 400w CMH. I think the leaves are a male trait of this cross. They all seem to have huge fans. Thanks for tagging a long!

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Flower times of 12 to 15 weeks are expected.

The fingers of the leafes may thin out more when they go to flower.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I snapped some pics yesterday and week 5, but when i uploaded the screenshots they came out really blurry. Im gonna see if I can't try to manually adjust them and try again.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Here ya go, a little better when i manually adjusted them for size.

These are all 5 weeks in, not so much in terms of smell yet but theyre just starting to develop their trichs. I am getting early stages of some sativa smells, though. Nothing stand out, though. I expect the smells to be more refined in the coming weeks. Im guessing #3 will go 11 weeks, #1 and #2 between 12-14.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry about the quality of the photos. Lifes been getting pretty much all of my time but i wanted to post something so i covered the light with a board and snapped what i could. That's the yellow-ish HPS tint showing on the leaves. Next time i will turn the light off and do a more proper job of it.

Peace!

nickman

Veteran
Nice, that’s a good idea... coverin* the light with a cardboard or something... I don’t like taking pics under the hps lights... the pics come out so much better when I take them under the mh light...!!!...

I’ll be looking for your next update...

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Thanks everyone! I look forward to them finishing up. I've been looking for a proper haze for over a decade now.

I'll start to do weekly posts time permitting.