What's new

micro coco cfl sog - random cuts

greenatik

whats up everyone, going to make this intro very concise and to the point, so feel free to ask about anything I haven't explained.

last grow was in a pc, yielded an ounce from 1 plant under 92 watts of cfl. this time around i built a little custom cab out of Styrofoam, sealed it all up, added two vanity fixtures and a dayton blower as the exhaust (passive), and viola..

the cuts were taken off my outdoor plants, a little late, but glad I was able to grow the same strain outside/inside soil/hydro at the same time for comparison. not exactly sure which is which but have a really good idea. I know I have a few Gods gift x Blue goo, one The Chronic, one Good God, some vigorous bagseed, white widow, and one purple erkle from seed.

once rooted they were placed in gatorade bottles w/ coco and then they were on their way

white widow

gods gift x blue goo

bagseed

good god

the chronic

Last edited:

greenatik

These pictures were taken today. 9/08 (day 8 of flower)

They are receiving 1/6 strength flora nova bloom... :rasta:

groupshot

white widow

the chronic

purple erkle

gg x bg closeup

GG x BG side shot

GG x BG closeup.. starting to see hints of pink (the outdoors are pink)

bagseed, side shot

Last edited:

Quazi

Hey man, sweet little setup you got there.

Before I read the thread, I was wondering why you were wanting to be drinking warm Gatorade from your grow box.

Now I understand though.

I'll be pulling up a seat to watch this Styrofoam magic in action.

Good work and :kewlpics:

-Q :rasta:

greenatik

hey bro thanks for stopping in.. the gatorade was just the perfect height to use to raise the plants with :muahaha: ... and plant them in :joint:

I have been taking side shots to try and show the structure of the different strains that I am growing. After they were rooted, they received The Stimul8r in hopes to produce a much more 'nodey' plant. It worked magically on the bagseed (so far) and most of whats going on in there, but it made the erkle a bit too bushy.. I also fear that it caused the Good God to 'crown' out at a mere 2 inches... but only time will tell.

be safe out there everyone,
:rasta:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
its too hot at the top of your cab you should put a fan blowing over the tops of the lights or more exhaust up there. thats why all the leaves on top are pointing up or curling up. too hot. might be ok down at the bottom where your thermometer is but its too hot at the top.

greenatik

As my title suggests, I am growing in coco.

I do not agree about the temperature. That is a blind statement? My leaves (outdoor/indoor) have always pointed up after watering. If they were twisting I'd say maybe but the canopy is not above 84. Many of the leaves are distorted from being squished up against the sides of the cab..

Thanks for stopping in

greenatik

gods gift x blue goo

this strain has got me stoked.. the outdoors are frost central and mainly pink/white. going to revegg these bitches, and maybe the bagseed, bonsai them, and take cuts strictly of these for the next run. they sog perfectly as well.

i seriously can't believe its only coming up on the 12th day
:rasta:

oh and forgot to say that the coco is really coarse so yeah it does look like mulch . i wasnt too sure about it when I bought it coming from a finer coco. the clones took off in it and the seed (purple erkle) lagged behind for a while. I have to water a lot but it makes it feel more like hdyro :jump:

im going to post some pics soon of the outdoor mums for kicks

peace! :rasta:

greenatik

day 17 fower

day 17 fower

hey whats going on :rasta:

plants are ending day 17 check em out :jump:

group shot in normal lighting

gods gift blue goo

gg x bg side shot

another gg x bg side shot diff plant

bagseed

purple erkle

the chronic

the runt a.k.a good god

white widow

white widow and the chronic

greenatik

well time flew by this grow... went by so quickly I'm already almost done harvesting them all. 40 days 12/12 from clone

thought I'd finish this log properly

:joint:

Only plants remaining are Purple Erkle, The Chronic, and "frosty" the bagseed

Awaiting the Chop

God's Gift x Blue Goo

nugz

Good God

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

Hi i have a noob question
how do you make your plant grow one huge bud? do u simply cut the side branches off? btw very nice plants good luck

greenatik

well, there's a couple things you could do..

First, a strain that grows that way is the best route. gods gift x blue goo outdoors grew one giant cola and it was a 5 foot plant, so I cloned that knowing it would do the same inside. Finding a strain like this isn't always easy especially if your workin with bagseed, so

your other option is flipping to flower at a very young age(clone or 1 week seedling) hoping to reduce stretch. you could also use a product like bushmaster but i used The Stimul8r on these. its expensive but worked very well. extremely tight nodes and they didn't stretch much, even for a sativa bagseed and white widow

theres one other thing that I think really benefited me. My outdoors were just going into flower, only pistils. I took the clones and vegged them for a week until they had 1 new set of leaves then flipped. By day 3 I had new pistils and day 15 my plants were virtually Crowned out and done by 39
:nono:

I also pruned a lot if not all the fanleaves and most of them turned out like budsicles