What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Miracle Fruit Grow Show (From Seed)

G

Yes. Im going to do a journal here about my trial and error with miracle fruit trees.

As of now I have seedlings and just fed them their first feeding a very small amount of MaxiGro 1/3 tsp in a gallon, ph 5.5ish. They like it acidic and can go as low as 4.5ish.

They're in coco/perlite/turface in 16oz solo cups for now till they get a but of root structure on them. Dont know how long that'll be.

June 23 08

July 7 08

So far they grow pretty fast.

They are under some small t5s for now (4bulb 2ft) Not much but they have it 24/7. More light hours than outside. I just ordered a 400w setup for them. It's already in route.

I want to get a grow tent, but must convince make room for it and another 100 or so bucks for a small one.

Hope you enjoy.
Das.

Very nice, I was thinking about growing some of these but I don't think I can wait 3-4 years for the plant to mature enough for it to fruit

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Thanks Dasme,

I appreciate the effort you're going to go through. I will be keeping an eye on this one. Peace bro.

Namaste, mess

G

The long haul for sure. I think that i can get them flowering in a year, not 3-4, by lighting them with long days. If I do 20/4 or even 24/0 with massive amounts of food, via Espoma Holytone for low pH, I will see results. I just want to get them to the stage where I can get them into actual POTS not cups.

Thanks for the good words. Maybe Ill do an update once a week.

sqwirl

Nice thread, love the idea. I've been wanting to get a few plants. I thought it would be cool to supply the local cancer ward with fruits. Their supposed to block the metallic tastes that chemo patients complain about having. Always fun to taste and enjoy anyways.

I'm interested in seeing how long it's gonna take you.

This is to cool, definitly keep with it!!

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
What can you tell us about them. It is my limited understanding that it is a shrub (or tree?) from the tropics (or subtropics?). Can flower twice a year at maturity and can have it's first fruit within the first year.

Namaste, mess

G

sir mess, this is true. Everything you said is what Ive found. It is a tree but can be kept in contianer. Under the right conditions they flower year round, with some times with lower production than others.

Im intersted in seen how long it takes me too. Oh, they are from the african rain forest so need low pH and lots of light. Too high pH and they suffer, so inground trees here, are not so resilisant<sp<

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Sweet, nice thread. I just ordered some seeds myself! I read you have to use hormones to get a higher germination ratio.

G

I did use some hormex but coco coir has some goodies in it naturaly to help boost growth. I want to transplant up to a 5 gallon bucket as often as reasonable in order to keep fresh coco around the roots every few months, assuming they grow that fast. Im ordering a CMH for them soon too.

G

almost... not quite. Man you could grow those right in the front yard and NOONE would be the wiser. Theyre expensive too, moreso than MFruit.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
didn't mean to make you feel dumb... all i know is Sherpas drink coca tea and run up mountains so its gotta be speedy like the 'caine!

Jon

overmind1632 said:
Very nice, I was thinking about growing some of these but I don't think I can wait 3-4 years for the plant to mature enough for it to fruit

In 5 years, you'll be PISSED that you didn't.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
dasme said:
I did use some hormex but coco coir has some goodies in it naturaly to help boost growth. I want to transplant up to a 5 gallon bucket as often as reasonable in order to keep fresh coco around the roots every few months, assuming they grow that fast. Im ordering a CMH for them soon too.

Location and finances permitting, you need a greenhouse!

Namaste, mess

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts