12348DSC_0771.JPG

Cured trichomes
12348DSC_0695.JPG

12348DSC_0608.JPG

12348DSC_1557.JPG

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr. Know...very creative friend....first time I've seen your images here...thanks for sharing...DD

bubbleman

Veteran
Yeah nice to see those refractions again man. never get tired of such sick shots.

Perhaps a few tips to those who havent quite gotten one as sick, to how close you hold the image to the trichome heads.
I have tried a few times with refractions but only really gotten them to work with dew drops..

let us know man, im excited to get one with my logo in it lol

Peace
Bubble man

Wonderon

Must be working with some nice cameras to get shots like those above. I have access to 7.2MP, 6x zoom and this is the best I can get so far LOL.

Dr.Know

Thanks guys its actually the Amsterdam city flag/crest not serious seeds logo, tho they do look very similar.

Bubbleman the best way to get a clear crisp refraction is to shoot from a copy stand type setup or a flat surface like a kitchen table or counter top to minimize lens shake. Snip off a small trichome encrusted leaf at the base of the stem, then make an even cut along the bottom of part of the leaf so it will stand up right. Your target/focus area are the trichomes along the top of the leaves right & left of the stem. Next stand the leaf up on your flat shooting surface(an ink pen works good to prop it up), make sure you have a clear view behind your subject. Then place the image you are trying to refract 4-8 inches behind your subject, remember it needs to be upside down for it to appear right side up inside the tric heads. It took me many shots before I was able to dial it in. I used an old Amsterdam lighter. You can also use colored poster board for added background effect. Good luck I can't wait to see what you come up with.

12348amerstdm1.jpg

12348DSC_1300.JPG

12348DSC_0765.JPG

l33t

Veteran
Nice details about the shooting DrKnow ,

Love the refractive trichomes!

Recently I was playing with reflections of my face captured on full melt hash bubbles :) And they are nice and sharp too , I ll dig em up and post em later.

Great shots again man keep it up and looking forward to see more Xtreme macros

Last edited:

bubbleman

Veteran
Great shots everybody. This thread is really becoming something.
I gotta thank you dr know your tips have been priceless for my shooting abilities.
I am once again in your debt, for you sharing these valuable lessons.
I have a friend who is a macro photographer, and won't tell me one single iota of information, cause he does it for a living. I won't mention his name on here, but wow, if he saw you giving away all this great info, he would flip
maybe i will send him a link lol

Anway great shots dude, and thanks for the inspiration.

L33t, i gotta se those shots dude, i have been trying that for quite a while as well, since i first saw perhaps post the idea in writing. Yet to see it happen though, if you dont want to show your face i totaly understand, but ya gotta send me one of those shots in a pm or something.
let me know

here are few congolese shots i got yesterday...

l33t

Veteran
bubbleman said:
L33t, i gotta se those shots dude, i have been trying that for quite a while as well, since i first saw perhaps post the idea in writing. Yet to see it happen though, if you dont want to show your face i totaly understand, but ya gotta send me one of those shots in a pm or something.
let me know

Hiya bubblebman ,

Lovely macros .

Will find the ones with the reflections and pm em ;)

ps I didnt know Perhaps had mentioned the idea , btw his bubble pics are truly inspirational

Last edited:

l33t

Veteran
Glad you enjoed my portrait on the bubble domes :D

Here Howard Mark's portrait refracted inside neville's haze trichome headS
2964MRNICEMARKS_IN_TRICHOME.jpg

2964MRNICEMARKS_IN_TRICHOME3.jpg

2964marks.jpg

PS Thanx to DrKnow for the refractive inspiration :D

Last edited:

l33t

Veteran
Heres one more in Nev's trichs , with a refracted playing card this time ..7 of diamonds :)
2964LUCKY7_NH.jpg

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
You are the MAN l33t!!!!

K+++++++++++++++++++

Here's some of my pics that cannot be named macro after looking the pics in this thread, but take notice people that I am using 2 Mb cam, with handheld loupe to take these shots....

Triangle x NL x Leopard Kush x Pure Kush..

Destroyer:

After looking these lousy shots and comparing them into the general thread im not sure anymore should I post them at all to keep this thread high quality.. The thread starter can drop me a PM if doesnt like em and ill make sure I'll erase them, ok?